PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any information of MJ jersey given away by coke?

crazylox
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Back in the 80's Coca Cola had a promotion called POP A TOP. Won of the prizes in the POP A TOP game was a Michael Jordan autographed jersey (not sure if it was a gamer or not). This was when MJ was a spokesman for Coke. Does anyone out there no if these were gamers and how many were made? Any help would be apprecaited. Thank you, Nathan

Crazylox@aol.com

otismalibu
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Nathan,

I think BTPH may know something about these.

Someone locally won one of these, back when I was a kid. They didn't have any interest in it, so it was put on display in the local sporting goods shop and people could drop their max offers in a box beside it.

I bid something like $230 and found out I lost by about $5-10. :confused:

I don't think they were gamers, but I'm not certain of that.

crazylox
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Thank you for the information, is that BTPH his full screenname? I am new to this site. Thank you very much!!

otismalibu
08-28-2009, 08:16 AM
both-teams-played-hard (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=488)

both-teams-played-hard
08-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Not familiar. Sorry.

otismalibu
08-28-2009, 01:23 PM
My mistake. I talked to someone about these jerseys, a couple years back. I think they had an idea of how many there were and what they were going for at the time.

David
08-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Back in the height of his popularity a Jordan autographed unused jersey probably was worth more than most other players' game used jerseys.

magic32
08-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes, I saw one of these signed jerseys at a memorabilia show. It was an authentic jersey, not a pro-cut or team issue, and certainly not a gamer. It was a road red. The autograph was awesome! The seller had something from Coca-Cola that went with the jersey. He was asking about $700 unless I am "misremembering." Sorry, I just got done conversing with a friend about a certain former Red Sox pitcher.