PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Database

lowell25
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I won a mark kotsay batting practice hat game used from MLB. When I received it I checked out the database # LH160964. It comes under Team Issued. This hat is filled with sweat marks and his #11 written under the brim. How is this team issued? Should it be under game used? I also have this problem with a pair of Dustin Pedoria batting practice pants LH240941. Please help.....

sox83cubs84
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I won a mark kotsay batting practice hat game used from MLB. When I received it I checked out the database # LH160964. It comes under Team Issued. This hat is filled with sweat marks and his #11 written under the brim. How is this team issued? Should it be under game used? I also have this problem with a pair of Dustin Pedoria batting practice pants LH240941. Please help.....

MLB has usually adhered to a policy of only authenticating an item as "game-used" if it is presented to them on site by the player or team after the game. Items examined at the end of the season, or in other areas where they are not presented to them immediately after usage, fall under the "game-issued" label, even when wear is obvious. Previous threads have dealt with this, and in one of them, a whole run of game-worn Braves jerseys from a couple of years ago were deemed as "game-issued" by the authenticators, even though the majority showed visible wear.
Check previous threads on the subject for additional insight.

Dave M.
Chicago area

dnrapp
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I would think that MLB would not consider a "batting practice" cap as being used in a "Game".

rj_lucas
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I would think that MLB would not consider a "batting practice" cap as being used in a "Game".

I've looked up hundreds of MLB holo numbers over the years and have never seen an item designated as 'batting practice used'. Somebody correct me if they've seen this.

It's kind of a gray area; there's been debate on this forum as to whether BP items can be considered 'game used'.

From MLB's perspective, they do not appear to distinguish between BP and actual game use -- if it was on the field, it's classified as either 'game issued' or 'game used'.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

lowell25
09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I double checked and in the mlb auction it stats MARK KOTSAY GAME USED BATTING PRACTICE HAT. Thanks for everyone's help..:confused:

shafrancollectibles.com
09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
The issue, in my opinion, is with when the item was collected and looked at by MLB, not with a BP vs. regular game situation.

MLB has certed many items in their database as BP used. Here is one we just got in with a clear notation of Batting Practice use:

http://www.shafrancollectibles.com/catalog/Jeter08BP-MLB.JPG

SkubeBats
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
When I try to use the database it doesn't work for me. I type in the code and the smaller box comes up where you would get your information, but all it keeps saying is (working) and nothing else. Has anyone else had this same problem?

rj_lucas
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
The issue, in my opinion, is with when the item was collected and looked at by MLB, not with a BP vs. regular game situation.

MLB has certed many items in their database as BP used. Here is one we just got in with a clear notation of Batting Practice use:

I do indeed stand corrected. That is good to know, thanks.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com