PDA

View Full Version : MLB Flannels - any other brands?

Krsoneus
09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any other brands that were producing uniforms for the Major League Baseball teams from the 20s-1960s other than Spalding, Wilson, Rawlings, Mcauliffe, and Macgregor. Every example I've seen from that time period has always been from one of these 5 companies.

But I've see college uniforms/salesman samples/farm teams from everlast, gerry cosby, empire, stall and dean, peerless, goldsmith, horace & partridge, draper & maynard, wright & ditson, victor, king o'shea, etc.

But i didnt know if any of those companies or any others have ever supplied any of the MLB teams thought it would be a great question to have the answered from others in the forum, thanks.

sox83cubs84
09-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Goldsmith was the predecessor of MacGregor-Goldsmith, and was part of the MLB uniform market during the flannel era. I THINK Draper & Maynard as well as Wright and Ditson were involved, as well, to a limited degree. Horace Partridge made Boston Braves uniforms for many years, as well as the first season's unies of the Milwaukee Braves. I don't recall the full name of the company, but for a brief time a Pittsburgh-based sporting goods firm co-owned by Honus Wagner outfitted the Pirates. Goodman made a few Dodgers flannels towards the end of the flannel era. Pearson made some of the Philadelphia A's flannels (I've seen examples from the 1950s). This is a start, and I'd enjoy seeing this added to by other GUF members.

Dave M.
Chicago area

flaco1801
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
mitchell and ness also made flannels for the philadelphia a's

both-teams-played-hard
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Did Pearson and Mitchell&Ness actually manufacture jerseys or did they distribute and customize jerseys for companies like Dodge-Davis and Coane?