PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Playing Dirty!

gameused
09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Did anyone see this illegal block by Favre? I hope Texans safety Eugene Wilson did not suffer a career ending injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324

markize
09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Bobby,

I was watching that game when that play happened. Wilson was definitely shaken up on the play, but was able to get up and limp off the field. Still no excuse for that. I can't believe Farve would cut someone's knees like that. that's not a classy move, and VERY dangerous. with the rules protecting quarterbacks (dont get their dresses dirty), you would think Farve would be more aware of what he was doing. Im sure he would have been up in arms if it was him. I understand quarterbacks don't usually look to stick their shoulder into a defenders chest, but that was a gutless move in my opinion.

mark

jhunt28
09-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Speaking of Favre, did anyone find it odd that he was wearing his old Riddell style helmet for his first preseason Vikings game, then wore a Schutt helmet for his game against the Texans? I always remember him wearing Riddell. I wonder what the reason for the change was?

This is Favre's helmet for his first outing as a Viking

And this was his helmet on Monday night against the Texans

John in KY
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Speaking of Favre, did anyone find it odd that he was wearing his old Riddell style helmet for his first preseason Vikings game, then wore a Schutt helmet for his game against the Texans? I always remember him wearing Riddell. I wonder what the reason for the change was?

I noticed the Schutt in the clips I saw of that game. I don't know why he changed for Monday's game but Favre did wear a Schutt in college and in his first season in Atlanta - somewhere out there is a card or photo of him as a rookie with the Falcons wearing a Schutt and an OPOG facemask (the "Deon Sanders" mask). I think he may have worn a Schutt in his first season with the Packers, but my memory is hazy and most photo sites are blocked here.