PDA

View Full Version : OT: Giambi's 1st at bat as a Rockie...

xpress34
09-02-2009, 01:04 AM
The wife and I were at the Mest vs Rockies tonight at Coors Field... Giambi had a Pinch Hit at bat in the 7th but did not play in the field. He drew a 4 ball bases loaded walk for an RBI.

Here are pics and a FULL Video of his entire at bat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRoxDebut1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRoxDebut2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRox3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRox1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRoxDebut3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/GiambiRox2.jpg

Link for the Video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/?action=view&current=MOV03430.flv

All the best -

Chris

2000mvpfan
09-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Saw that game here in NJ on SNY since they're playing the Mets-great for Giambi that he got a standing ovation.Walked on four straight..Mets stink,and good to see Giambi's as selective as he always was.
And I thought it was hilarious that he was the only Rockie with the shorter,tight Under-Armour sleeves-gotta show off the guns!

Joe

whatupyos
09-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Giambi's 2nd AB was a single yielding 2 RBI's. Not a bad pick-up at all.

Aaron

2000mvpfan
09-03-2009, 12:13 AM
..Not bad at all so far....1-1 with 3 RBI.The G-Man lives!!

Joe

LastingsMilledge85
09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
It's two games, it's the Mets, and chances are he probably won't make the post season roster if the Rockies make it to "Rocktober".

2000mvpfan
09-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Lastings Milledge-

It doesn't matter,he's our guy.Does anybody crap on your parade because Milledge is a lifetime .266 hitter with 27 home runs who even the Mets wouldn't keep after heralding him as the next big thing?

Just curious...

Joe

LastingsMilledge85
09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I never rave about Milledge. Lastings will probably never make it big and I don't think he plays with enough passion for that to happen. I just like Lastings for who he is and what he has done for me.

OaklandAsFan
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
whats up with 23?? he couldnt' get 16 or 25? He always wears numbers that add up to 7 for Mickey Mantle.

xpress34
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
whats up with 23?? he couldnt' get 16 or 25? He always wears numbers that add up to 7 for Mickey Mantle.

16 is Huston Street.

25 is hitting coach Don Baylor.

- Chris

suicide_squeeze
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM

He's lowered himself to Joe DiMaggio standards these days.....

xpress34
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
And just to complete the '7's (or totals for '7')

7 is Seth Smith
34 is Matt Herges
43 is coach Rich Dauer
52 is Joel Peralta
61 is Esmil Rogers
70 is Samuel Deduno

So Giambi was kind of out of options for a '7'

- Chris

2000mvpfan
09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I thought maybe it was for Mattingly,who as both a hitting coach and fielding instructor spent a ton of time with Giambi in NY...

Joe

jobathenut
09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks for that 2000mvpfan-I never undersatood why people have to come a thread praising a player just to bring negative comments.But its a free country.I mean i take it with a grain of salt and consider the source.If you read some people's posts on here they bring more negative comments than postitive ones.I guess it's thier way to take out thier stress of thier lives on here.I rarely rip on someones else favorite player,even if i have no idea who they are.And you're right-giambi is our guy.:)
Hey Lastings Milledge-

It doesn't matter,he's our guy.Does anybody crap on your parade because Milledge is a lifetime .266 hitter with 27 home runs who even the Mets wouldn't keep after heralding him as the next big thing?

Just curious...

Joe

2000mvpfan
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
No problem Joba,and I'm not trying to be standoffish at all.Just trying to give the guy some credit-he's on a new team,in a new league,being asked to do a job he's not used to doing..being an off the bench guy.Good for him that he's got 2 good at bats.Will there be some not so good AB's?Absolutely.But just trying to enjoy seeing him in action one last time in case this year is the end.

Joe

jobathenut
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
2000mvpfan-As always i am right with you.I dont know what you mean about being standoffish.But like you i am just enjoying seeing my favorite player still play.As i thought after the a's his career was over and did'nt want to see it end in a screwjob like he got there.My whole point,is i don't understand why people need to bring so many negative thoughts on here.Especially on a thread just talking about peoples favorite player.But some poeple love to express thier negative thoughts even when not asked.I mean we are all commenting on here about giambi and how great it is and they seem a need to rain thier negative on us here.But like i said,its a free country and you have the right to say whatever you want.I am just happy to see giambi play,even though i dont like the jersey number.I would have loved to see him in yankees pin strips again though.But like you,i am just enjoying what could be the last games of my favorite player.:)
No problem Joba,and I'm not trying to be standoffish at all.Just trying to give the guy some credit-he's on a new team,in a new league,being asked to do a job he's not used to doing..being an off the bench guy.Good for him that he's got 2 good at bats.Will there be some not so good AB's?Absolutely.But just trying to enjoy seeing him in action one last time in case this year is the end.

Joe

2000mvpfan
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Just meant that i wasn't trying to start anything with LastingsMilledge,but like you said,I don't see the need for the negativity.It's like somebody posting that they got a great game-used bat of their favorite player and somebody else asking,"Well,yes,but is it photomatched?"
Does it really matter all that much to the guy with the bat?Nope,he's happy just to have it.

Joe

LastingsMilledge85
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm not a negative person just a realistic person. It's a long season, things change quickly. For the record (if that even matters), personally I like having Giambi as a morale guy, just as long as he isn't taking up a roster spot.

suave1477
09-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I never rave about Milledge. Lastings will probably never make it big and I don't think he plays with enough passion for that to happen. I just like Lastings for who he is and what he has done for me.

If you do not mind me asking and if you do not want to answer I will understand but I was curious about this comment.

Hey we all like players good or bad for different reasons. I was just curious to your comment.

You said you like him for who he is??? He is known as a thug off the field and he sucks on the field?
So I am trying to understand what about that, you praise??

As far as what he has done for you? Do you mind if I ask what he has done for you?

I am by no means trying to pick a fight, again I am just trying to understand your comment.

xpress34
09-03-2009, 11:42 PM
As the originator of this post - which was simply to put up some pics of Giambi's 1st at bat as a Rockie (since I was at the game) for those who are Giambi fans, I'd just like to say you guys are taking this post OFF TOPIC.

As a BASEBALL fan, I'll be honest - I liked Giambi on Team USA and with the A's. HATED him as a Yankee (I dislike the Yankees in general - and that's my right). Liked him as an A again and LOVE that he's with the Rox now.

BMH let the cat out of the bag a few weeks ago (well before there were ANY reports that Giambi might come here) when in another thread he posted that "Shultzy (Keith Schultz - Rox Equipment Manager) called from the Rockies. I need to start making some Giambi bats."

My friends here didn't understand the move thinking (As Milledge said a post or two ago) Giambi was going to take a Roster Spot. I already understood that he would have to accept an assignment to the SkySox and then get called up Sept 1st when rosters expanded. (The Rockies made the same offer to Tony Clark who refused to go the SkySox first.)

Giambi is a HUGE plus down the stretch for all of the young guys to rally around with all of his post season experience.

That all said, I hope you guys who like Giambi - or those who just like seeing a player's 1st game with his new team - enjoy the pics.

- Chris

LastingsMilledge85
09-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Lastings I wouldn't consider a "thug." He has his own style and that's the way he plays. As far as what he has done for me. He has written me a letter which is the only thing he has done for me "personally." I also believe that the person that I get my Milledge stuff from actually works with him so if I want a particular piece I can ask that person to get it from Lastings for me. But he gives me entertainment while in games with his style of play as well as the interviews he does. Lastings is noted as a very nice and fan friendly person and I'm not the only one to believe that.

xpress34
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Just home from Rox/DBacks...

Giambi had his 3rd PA (2nd AB since he drew a BB on the 1st PA)...

2nd hit as a Rockie and 4th RBI - Game Winner in fact!

2000mvpfan
09-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Xpress-
He's been in the zone since those last 3 games in Colorado Springs...great pick up for your Rockies-at what they're paying him,how could you go wrong?
Can't wait for the Rox to start selling his gear when the season's over!!

Take care,
Joe