PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton bat in the stands last night

cjclong
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
In the Rangers game last night Josh Hamilton let another bat slip and it flew into the stands. A man got it and appeared he was going to give it back. A security guard went up to check to be sure he wasn't hurt and then obviously told the fan he could keep it and Hamilton got another bat. This is the second time this year I have seen Hamilton toss a bat in the stands and a fan get to keep it at a Rangers game. This isn't meant to start the argument again about the right of a fan to keep a bat. But unless a player owns the bat and wants it back or has some particular reason to need the bat back it would be nice if all the ballparks followed the Rangers and some other teams example and let the fans keep the bat. If you are a fan of a team that doesn't let the fans keep a bat in the stands it might be a good idea to contact your team and tell them other teams are allowing fans to keep the bats in the stands and you wish they would as well Sometimes teams will change their policy if it is something the fans want.

murfsteve25
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
This isn't meant to start the argument again about the right of a fan to keep a bat.

For christs sake...here we go again!!:mad:

Just kidding, I couldnt resist. Glad he at least got to keep it.

suicide_squeeze
09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
In the Rangers game last night Josh Hamilton let another bat slip and it flew into the stands. A man got it and appeared he was going to give it back. A security guard went up to check to be sure he wasn't hurt and then obviously told the fan he could keep it and Hamilton got another bat. This is the second time this year I have seen Hamilton toss a bat in the stands and a fan get to keep it at a Rangers game. This isn't meant to start the argument again about the right of a fan to keep a bat. But unless a player owns the bat and wants it back or has some particular reason to need the bat back it would be nice if all the ballparks followed the Rangers and some other teams example and let the fans keep the bat. If you are a fan of a team that doesn't let the fans keep a bat in the stands it might be a good idea to contact your team and tell them other teams are allowing fans to keep the bats in the stands and you wish they would as well Sometimes teams will change their policy if it is something the fans want.

Yeah, I read about that in this morning's paper.

The guard, after verifying the fan was O.K. then asked for the bat back. Upon hearing the fans reaction, he decided to just let him keep it.

The guard later explained he was startled and scared off when the fan had murmered something to the effect of "From my cold, dead hands......" :D

xpress34
09-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I read about that in this morning's paper.

The guard, after verifying the fan was O.K. then asked for the bat back. Upon hearing the fans reaction, he decided to just let him keep it.

The guard later explained he was startled and scared off when the fan had murmered something to the effect of "From my cold, dead hands......" :D

:rolleyes::eek::p LMAO!!!

Glad to hear my Rangers are still good to the fans (I grew up in Garland and started watching the Rangers when they started in '72).

That said, a couple of months back when the 'Stros were here playing the Rox, I-Rod lost his bat into the stands just above the 3rd base dugout. He just looked up to see if the fans were okay and then motioned to the Bat Boy to bring him a new bat.

I don't think I have ever seen a bat taken away from a fan at Coors except once when a player on a hitting streak (I can't remember who right now) wanted his bat back, but he went the dugout, grabbed another bat - SIGNED it - and exchanged it with the usher to give to the fan.

- Chris