PDA

View Full Version : Question About Sam Bats

SkubeBats
09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I always wondered why some Sam bats have the team name on the barrel and some don't. Why is this any help would be great. I look forward to hearing your answers about these Sam bats.

Rboitano
09-06-2009, 11:23 AM
I believe that they did not pay to have the rights to put the team names on the bats. I think LVS is the only the company that has the rights to put team names on bats.

allstarsplus
09-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I believe that they did not pay to have the rights to put the team names on the bats. I think LVS is the only the company that has the rights to put team names on bats.

That is correct. There seemed to be some SAM bats that still had team names on them in 2007.

Skube, are you looking at older SAM bats or newer bats?

SkubeBats
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Andrew,
I have two different Ryan Braun SAM bats from the 2008 season. The one with team name was made in March 2008, and the one without a name was made in July 2008.

xpress34
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Skube -

Part of the 'naming rights' might also have to do with the fact that Sam Bats was purchased by Wilson sometime in the last couple of years.

It is possible that whatever license they had with MLB for team names was negated when they sold out.

Rawlings has put team names on bats they have made for players at varying times over the years.

- Chris