PDA

View Full Version : Where are my Ohio State collectors at?

murfsteve25
09-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Just seeing who we've got out there and what does your collection look like?

Larry Pelliccioni
09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I have Chris Spielman's #36 helmet that is absolutely killed with a number of maize and blue hits on it thanks to that last game of the Big Ten season and the greatest rivalry in College Football although I am sure that can be debated. I also have a signed Ohio State football helmet up on ebay signed by a small number of prominent Buckeyes.
Larry Pelliccioni

Ozric
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Not a whole bunch as I have been selective in what I buy, but a nice start nonetheless. These are all game worn.

Ginn - Dolphins
Nugent - Jets
Byars - Eagles
Tupa - Browns
Germaine - Rams
Zwick - Buckeyes
Carpenter - Cowboys

Still Looking for a Craig Krenzel gamer and always buying other interesting Buckeye gear...

There is a collector on here that has a million Buckeye jerseys. I'm sure he'll be posting soon.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

buckeyegamers
09-07-2009, 01:19 PM
:D Not a million yet, but I am up to 110 NFL gamers of former Buckeyes plus many OSU gamers from various sports. Check out my photobucket for pics: http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/ :D

buckeyegamers
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Have you been able to photomatch any of yours yet? I just started to try that thanks to one of the members of this site. I was able to photomatch my latest pick up, my Ginn jersey. I was able to match it to last season's Chargers game. It was a lot of fun searching for photo's of the jersey

murfsteve25
09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Have any of you guys bought football jerseys from the OSU website? I was looking on there yesterday and saw a ton for sale. I am trying to get in contact with somebody at OSU to see what I can do about getting Brandon Saine's jersey. Anyone know if they'll do a preorder or any other type of arrangement?

chakes89
09-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Has anyone ever seen any Matt Wilhelm NFL stuff?

Ozric
09-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Have you been able to photomatch any of yours yet? I just started to try that thanks to one of the members of this site. I was able to photomatch my latest pick up, my Ginn jersey. I was able to match it to last season's Chargers game. It was a lot of fun searching for photo's of the jersey

Funny, but the only one I have matched so far was my Ginn as well. I really have not tried on my others yet though. Where did you get your Ginn Jersey? I have only seen two of his for sale so far and I have one of them. Both were through NFL auctions. Also, did you pick up the Josh Huston Giants jersey or the Tomczak Bears jersey on Ebay a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Tim

Ozric
09-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Have any of you guys bought football jerseys from the OSU website? I was looking on there yesterday and saw a ton for sale. I am trying to get in contact with somebody at OSU to see what I can do about getting Brandon Saine's jersey. Anyone know if they'll do a preorder or any other type of arrangement?

Here's the scoop based on what I have seen. I have purchased a few jerseys from them so far. My Zwick is great and shows some nice use. My others look new and appear to be unworn. I have e-mailed them before wanting to buy more, but wanting to make sure that they look used this time. They have never responded to any of my e-mails. I have seen a few that I have wanted to bid on in their auctions, but have been afraid to bid thinking that I'll get an unworn jersey. They had a Laurinaitis in their auction a few months ago, but I did not bid as they did not answer any of my questions and it sold for over $700.00. They seem to at least be adding more to the description in the auctions as of late as one jersey now is described as have a tear and a repair. Their inventory will be a hit and miss, so don't be surprised if you get a jersey that looks new. Also, I did get an e-mail about adding the 2006 jerseys and went immediately to their site, but all of the notable starters were not available. I believe that they keep them for the auction.

perlman9
09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Not sure if the die-hard Buckeye fans saw it on ebay or not, but there is a Dave Burba glove available. I think the $250 may be a bit high but just thought I would mention it. I don't collect too much Buckeye stuff, but am friends with Tito Paul so have is Ohio State jersey and a Cardinals jersey

Moustache Gang
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Posters,

I have spread my wings beyond Oakland A's jerseys from 1968 to 1980 and picked up a couple of Buckeye jerseys off their auction website. They have some game use, but not a ton. Some have repairs. I did notice that the nice LOA the accompanies the jersey does not say "game worn". I have not had the chance to email them, but I will this week and ask them to replace the LOA with one that states "game used". I did pick up the home Laurinatis jersey a couple of months ago. It does so game use and it appears as if it had a bowl patch that was removed.

Mark

buckeyegamers
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Not sure if the die-hard Buckeye fans saw it on ebay or not, but there is a Dave Burba glove available. I think the $250 may be a bit high but just thought I would mention it. I don't collect too much Buckeye stuff, but am friends with Tito Paul so have is Ohio State jersey and a Cardinals jersey

Let me know if you are ever looking to sell the Paul Cardinals jersey.

buckeyegamers
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Funny, but the only one I have matched so far was my Ginn as well. I really have not tried on my others yet though. Where did you get your Ginn Jersey? I have only seen two of his for sale so far and I have one of them. Both were through NFL auctions. Also, did you pick up the Josh Huston Giants jersey or the Tomczak Bears jersey on Ebay a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,
I got my Ginn off of ebay a couple of weeks ago...about the same time as the Huston and the Tomczak (I missed out on both of those). The Ginn I got came from the NFL Alumni Assoc. Earl Morrall Golf Outing. It came with a COA from outing.

murfsteve25
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Here's the scoop based on what I have seen. I have purchased a few jerseys from them so far. My Zwick is great and shows some nice use. My others look new and appear to be unworn. I have e-mailed them before wanting to buy more, but wanting to make sure that they look used this time. They have never responded to any of my e-mails. I have seen a few that I have wanted to bid on in their auctions, but have been afraid to bid thinking that I'll get an unworn jersey. They had a Laurinaitis in their auction a few months ago, but I did not bid as they did not answer any of my questions and it sold for over $700.00. They seem to at least be adding more to the description in the auctions as of late as one jersey now is described as have a tear and a repair. Their inventory will be a hit and miss, so don't be surprised if you get a jersey that looks new. Also, I did get an e-mail about adding the 2006 jerseys and went immediately to their site, but all of the notable starters were not available. I believe that they keep them for the auction.

Thanks for the heads up. I dont think Saine is a huge star so hopefully getting his gear wont be too hard to get. How often do the Bucks add to their auctions?

pietraynor
09-08-2009, 07:05 AM
I have a couple Senior Bowl jerseys worn by Alex Stepanovich & Shane Olivea, both show great use w/grass stains..not game used, but have a couple OSU football letter sweaters, one from the '20s, another from the '40s. One of my favorite pieces is a signed '31 Newcomerstown HS yearbook featuring Woody Hayes as a Sr. Has to be one of his earliest signatures! Jay.

Ozric
09-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I dont think Saine is a huge star so hopefully getting his gear wont be too hard to get. How often do the Bucks add to their auctions?

There is one running right now and they seem to run them continuously, each lasting around 12 days I believe. They usually start a new one within 24 hours of the old one ending.

commando
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I have a Chris Riehm Los Angeles Raiders jersey, circa 1986-88, that I purchased from a forum member (MVP Memorabilia). It's on my Houston Gamblers website and can be seen here:

http://www.houston-gamblers.com/id173.html

Huron
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm primarily an OSU Football collector and concentrate on Game Used football pieces. It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season. Buckeye Gamers, that wouldn't be it on your site, would it?

murfsteve25
09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season.

So is each player issued 2 jerseys of each set for the season?

buckeyegamers
09-09-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm primarily an OSU Football collector and concentrate on Game Used football pieces. It started a few years ago after a close friend gave me an Andy Katzenmoyer team issued jersey from an impeccable source. I was hooked. Through the University I learned that it was one of two for that particular year so I'd love to see the one that he used the entire season. Buckeye Gamers, that wouldn't be it on your site, would it?

No I wish!!! :D The Big Kat jersey that I have is actually an authentic. I have a couple of authentics that I have on my website, mostly for autographs....I loved to go down to picture day, you used to be able to get a ton of autographs.....the good old days. The University sold the #45 jerseys in their bookstore that year. They didn't have many and they were pretty pricey at the time but I ended up buying a couple to have them autographed. I would love to see some photos of your Kat game issued jersey to see how the authentics stacked up. From most of the pictures that I have seen they are pretty dog gone close.

murfsteve25
09-09-2009, 08:57 AM
UPDATE:

So I emailed the intern at OSU and asked about getting a Brandon Saine jersey. I was told that they cannot sell his jersey until he graduates because he is still on the team.
This is understandable because after reading on here, I found out that they cant sell a players jersey until his eligebility is done.
This person in the email told me that they also cannot take preorders for the jersey either because they are unsure as to which jerseys they'll be getting from the equipment managers.
So...my next step I guess is to somehow get in touch with an equipment manager...which is probably a longshot.
Anyone have any info on how to reach someone on the inside? I realize that some people may not wanna share certain information pubicly so here's my email in case anyone has any info.. murfsteve25@yahoo.com

Thanks!

G1X
09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I have Washington Redskins jerseys of ex-Buckeyes Dan Wilkerson, Kent Graham, & Andy Groom that I am looking to move. Contact me at gixc@verizon.net if interested.

Mark Hayne

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

Ozric
09-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I have Washington Redskins jerseys of ex-Buckeyes Dan Wilkerson, Kent Graham, & Andy Groom that I am looking to move. Contact me at gixc@verizon.net if interested.

Mark Hayne

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

Hey Mark, I'll take the Groom if it is still available... I'll send you a note via e-mail as well.

Thanks,

Tim

josportsco
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
josportsco had and sold a Chris "Beanie" Wells, Malcolm Jenkins. May get another Wells. And will have a Pryor.
Also will have Wells Arizona Cardinals jersey and helmet.
will have Malcolm Jenkins Saints jersey and helmet.

If interested email jarrod@josportsco.com

buckeyegamers
09-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Did any of you guys win the Vernon Gholston game worn Jets jersey on the NFL auctions? I couldn't believe that it went that high ($935)

kjjavic
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I picked up a few of Keith Byars personal items recently including a couple of his Ohio State items. My favorite piece I picked up was a Lockerroom nameplate of his from Superbowl XXXI from his time with the Patriots, but as far as OSU stuff, I picked up his OSU track suit and a pullover style Ohio State jacket that his number 41 and a number 34 written on the tagging. I am not sure if he was number 34 1st and changed his number or if he was a second user of this jacket? Anyone here know if he was originally number 34?

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp36/VintagePigskin/ByarsOSU1.jpg
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp36/VintagePigskin/ByarsOSU2.jpg
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp36/VintagePigskin/ByarsOSU3.jpg

buckeyegamers
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I believe that he was #41 the whole time. My guess would be that he was the second player to use that item.

kjjavic
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the reply buckey. I know there was alot of handmedowning (I know I made that word up :) ) back then.

kjjavic
09-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Meant to type buckeye, not buckey.

josportsco
09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
we had alot of request to see the Beanie Wells we had. So I thought I would post the photos for everyone to see. If you have any questions or request you can email jarrod@josportsco.com

photos to follow

josportsco
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
here is the Beanie Wells I hope I attched this correctly?
Jarrod

murfsteve25
09-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Is this the jersey that you HAD or HAVE?

buckeyegamers
09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
The website shows it as "sold"

G1X
10-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Forgot to mention in my previous post in this thread that I also have a game-used Michael Jenkins Atlanta Falcons (red) jersey from 2005 that is available for sale. This jersey is from my personal Falcons collection. It shows nice use and comes with paperwork.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL game-used jerseys

Moustache Gang
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
OSU Collectors,

I just picked up a great looking Will Booth 1955 jersey and letterman's jacket from Heritage Auctions.

http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url[file:images/inetpub/newnames/300/4/9/9/3/4993961.jpg],continueonerror[true]&scale=size[450x2000],options[limit]&source=url[file:images/inetpub/webuse/no_image_available.gif],if[('global.source.error')]&sink=preservemd[true]
http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url[file:images/inetpub/newnames/300/4/9/9/3/4993966.jpg],continueonerror[true]&scale=size[450x2000],options[limit]&source=url[file:images/inetpub/webuse/no_image_available.gif],if[('global.source.error')]&sink=preservemd[true]
http://images.ha.com/lf?source=url[file:images/inetpub/newnames/300/4/9/9/3/4993984.jpg],continueonerror[true]&scale=size[450x2000],options[limit]&source=url[file:images/inetpub/webuse/no_image_available.gif],if[('global.source.error')]&sink=preservemd[true]

buckeyegamers
10-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Moustache Gang.......VERY NICE!!!!!!:D

Huron
01-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Wanted to share a new item with the Buckeye collectors that I received a few weeks ago. Thanks once again to PERLMAN9 for all of your generosity and assistance on the transaction. It's a beautiful piece!

1995 Game Used Terry Glenn Helmet

perlman9
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
glad you like it. I may end up with his jersey as well!

murfsteve25
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Wanted to share a new item with the Buckeye collectors that I received a few weeks ago. Thanks once again to PERLMAN9 for all of your generosity and assistance on the transaction. It's a beautiful piece!

1995 Game Used Terry Glenn Helmet

That is a bada$$ pickup! congrats

jhunt28
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm sure the classified section is the best place for this, but was looking to reach out to OSU fans first. I'm looking to sell a 1996 Game Worn New York Jets Jeff Graham jersey. Send me an email if any of you are interested. jonhunt28@yahoo.com

The jersey is custom hemmed at the bottom, has Jeff's extra large sleeve openings, shows light wear with staining and hit marks.

Gremillion, j
01-11-2010, 12:29 AM
josportsco had and sold a Chris "Beanie" Wells, Malcolm Jenkins. May get another Wells. And will have a Pryor.
Also will have Wells Arizona Cardinals jersey and helmet.
will have Malcolm Jenkins Saints jersey and helmet.

If interested email jarrod@josportsco.com

is that a definite that yall will have jenkins saints gear?

Huron
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Listed a few of my OSU gamers on ebay if anyone is interested.

buckeyegamers
01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
You've got several nice ones there Huron. :)

Ozric
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
You've got several nice ones there Huron. :)

I've got a feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg as he had a beautiful Troy Smith on Ebay a while back as well. I'd love to see his collection. Pretty please...

Huron
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Not necessarily the tip , Ozric, but I have a few other items tucked away. Thanks to perlman9 I was able to add the Glenn helmet that is in this thread and I have a few other items that I'll hold onto. I'm trying to purge, so to speak.

Here's Art Schlichter's Helmet from 1981 that still is in my collection...

Ozric
01-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Not necessarily the tip , Ozric, but I have a few other items tucked away. Thanks to perlman9 I was able to add the Glenn helmet that is in this thread and I have a few other items that I'll hold onto. I'm trying to purge, so to speak.

Here's Art Schlichter's Helmet from 1981 that still is in my collection...

That's a beauty and I really appreciate you sharing it with us... Thanks again my friend. How about anything from Keith Byars? I went to school at Ohio State while he was there and sat next to him on a campus bus. I could not believe how big his thighs were.

Huron
01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Happy to share. Unfortunately I don't have anything from Byars. Let's see some more Buckeye memorabilia out there!

Laser110
03-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Great Stuff here. That Terry Glenn helmet is sweet. Terry was my neighbor his freshman year, my sophomore year in the Towers. A really nice guy overall. Would love to own that one.

Here is a few of my items. I have some OSU hockey stuff as well including the only known jersey from the 1971-72 CCHA Championship Team. The story i have been told was that the guy I got it from, his boss and brother worked at the OSU Ice rink and the jersey had become soiled with toe guard making them useless after the season. Thye were throwing them away and asked if anyone wanted one. They each took one, that wasn't soiled and the rest were pitched. I have one, the other noone has heard about in about 20 years or so and it too may be gone.

Some highlights of the Ccollection include a 1997 Rose Bowl ring, a 1950 Snow Bowl Program, Helmet beleived to be worn by Greg Bellisari, Early Eddie George helmet, and a jersey worn by Juan Porter.

Scott

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0592.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0593.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0596.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0597.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0598.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0599.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0599.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/laser110/IMG_0601.jpg

perlman9
03-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey Scott
Shoot me an email, I may have a few items you would like
jperlman@ohaflcio.org

jeffaary
03-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I can finally play in this thread. My familiy is originally from Ohio. We moved to Boston when I was four. So I root for Buckeye football & basketball, plus the four Boston professional teams. (I now live in Arizona and also root for ASU baseball and the Arena Football League's Rattlers, but back to the topic at hand...)

Another board member answered my want ad for a game used Patriots jersey worn by a former Buckeye. I am now the proud owner of this Shawn Springs Patriots jersey from the 2009 game at Wembley:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_2539-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_2540.jpg

Springs is one of my all time favorite Buckeyes. One of the greatest cover corners to ever play the game. An added bonus to me is the 50th anniversary logo with the old school Patriot from my youth. I couldn't be more pleased to own this jersey.

Now I just need to find a game worn Buckeye home jersey to fill the last empty space on my wall. If anyone can help I'd love a home jersey with rock solid documentation from the 1988-2005 era (love that style of sleeve stripes).

Thanks for looking.

cubsWSchamps
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know where i can pickup a Troy Smith jersey? iv been wanting to for awhile

AWA85
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Have you tried any of the tattoo parlors around Columbus? :D

Looking forward to Nebraska joining the BIG10, GO BIG RED!

jeffaary
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Have you tried any of the tattoo parlors around Columbus? :D

Looking forward to Nebraska joining the BIG10, GO BIG RED!

I'm too afraid to go to that tattoo parlor. I heard Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peter and Richie Incognito have been hanging out there.

I'm thinking Nebraska fans shouldn't be making comments about Ohio State.....

Shipp_96
03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Ahh, Nebraska have yet to play a single game in the new Big 10, and already the trash talk begins...LOL :D!

OSUBucksCollector
09-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I know I posted this in college game used but thought I would revive the Ohio State thread. It has been a long time since someone has posted. Picked up a pretty cool/unique Ohio State jersey. A 2010 Ohio State spring game jersey. Never thought I would find one because I didn't know they were auctioned off. Hopefully maybe I can find a scarlet one to go with this one. Go Bucks!

murfsteve25
09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
That's a sweet jersey!

OSUBucksCollector
09-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks Steve. I was hoping it would have pulled some more buckeye fans out. I know there are still a few on here. Was also hoping to see some more college football items too. Maybe as we get further in to the year. Hopefully I can get some more stuff to keep the thread alive.

zonker
09-15-2013, 02:04 PM
hey osu, do you know anything about this jersey? any help would be appreciated.

murfsteve25
09-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks Steve. I was hoping it would have pulled some more buckeye fans out. I know there are still a few on here. Was also hoping to see some more college football items too. Maybe as we get further in to the year. Hopefully I can get some more stuff to keep the thread alive.

Its hit or miss on here sometimes. I'm a huge bucks fan but sometimes I'll go too long without checking the forum. But when I do, if I see something pop up in the OSU threads then I know I HAVE to check it out. I'm sure more action will arise in this thread soon enough :D

OSUBucksCollector
09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Zonker - Just a quick look at it I would guess it is probably from some type of High Scool all star game. I will try and do a little research. Could be big 33, OVAC game, and I am sure there are others out there. Do you have any history on it at all?

Steve - Do you collect Ohio State stuff. I didn't go back through the thread because I am responding from my phone. I know you started it a while back. I hope some more action comes to the thread. I love seeing what others have and possibly trading buying etc

jeffaary
09-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I've got some stuff to post. I just need time to take pics and upload them.

OSUBucksCollector
09-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Jeffaary - Awesome! Looking forward to it. Lets get this thread back and running haha

buckeyegamers
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Some recent Hockey pick ups.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01299_zpsbd25f347.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01299_zpsbd25f347.jpg.html)

Frozen Diamond Face Off jersey

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01343_zpsafbbcce2.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01343_zpsafbbcce2.jpg.html)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01342_zps4ccbeb1d.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC01342_zps4ccbeb1d.jpg.html)

2006 Umberger IIHF World Championships gamer

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00841.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00841.jpg.html)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00840.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00840.jpg.html)

2010-11 Umberger Blue Jackets home gamer

buckeyegamers
09-16-2013, 12:38 PM
A little OSU linked baseball

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Baseball%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00989_zps2a2056f8.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Baseball%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00989_zps2a2056f8.jpg.html)
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Baseball%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00981_zps83ae034a.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Baseball%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00981_zps83ae034a.jpg.html)

2012 Nick Swisher game used jersey. Steiner COA and photo matched as Swish's last regular season Yankees jersey. Used in the final series against Boston. Nick went 7 for 11 in the series.

jeffaary
09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
This should take this thread off life support.

How about a 1968 home football jersey? This was worn by William Hackett Jr. He didn't play much, but his father was an All-American at OSU and one of the driving forces behind getting the Bengals franchise in Cincinnati. I was able to track him down via twitter and he authenticated the jersey for me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4443_zps500b7ab4.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4443_zps500b7ab4.jpg.html)

I took a chance on this Buckeye road jersey on Ebay this year. The pictures didn't show any of the damage and the seller was less than helpful with information. But I wanted a roadie with the previous style sleeve stripes and bought it for cheap. When it arrived it had NNOB, but it was hammered. It took about 2 minutes to photo match this as Anthony Schlegel's jersey from the 2005 Michigan game - a great comeback victory for the Bucks and probably Schlegel's best game as a Buckeye which was important after Bobby Carpenter went down on the first series:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4401_zpse328d53c.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4401_zpse328d53c.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4402_zps0b092dbb.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4402_zps0b092dbb.jpg.html)

From my previous posts you may recall my family is from Ohio but we moved to Boston when I was 4. So I collect jerseys of Buckeye alumni who play(ed) professionally in Boston. With that in mind it doesn't get much better than the Super Bowl jersey of my childhood hero, Keith Byars. This was on Ebay and due to the tagging, the lack of pictures showing damage, and the seller's lack of knowledge about it, I thought it was a team issue or a Custom Crafted Special (google that if you don't know what it means). I passed on it for $300. One of my Patriots jersey suppliers bought it and figured out what it was. Needless to say I did not get it for $300 the second time around. Photo and video matched to Super Bowl 31. Here it is with his Super Bowl locker nameplate I bought off a forum member:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4403_zpscad6ebb3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4403_zpscad6ebb3.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4404_zpsfaea71c7.jpg

Can't have Byars' white Super Bowl jersey without his blue divisional playoff and AFC Championship jersey can you? I got this from the Patriots' on-line store. Neither they nor I realized what it was until I received it. It took me about 2 seconds to photomatch it to the playoff games:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4405_zps352af9bd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4406_zps90869b95.jpg

Byars' team mate during that period was fellow Buckeye Terry Glenn. Here's one of Terry's rookie home jerseys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4407_zpsf6f87481.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4408_zps8b14e03b.jpg

I posted this before, but it goes with the others. Shawn Springs' 2009 Wembley jersey. Ironically, this came from my main Boston Bruins jersey supplier:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_2539-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_2540.jpg

jeffaary
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Speaking of the Boston Bruins, until 2011 there weren't really any Buckeye Bruins for me to collect until prospect Matt Bartkowski was part of a trade with the Florida Panthers (the Bruins also got current Blue Jacket Nathan Horton in that deal). Here is Matt's 2010 OSU barberpole alternate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4409_zps2595c150.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4410_zps0ec60ae8.jpg

Matt has spent most of his time with the Bruins' AHL affiliate in Providence. Here is his alternate P-Bruins jersey from last season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4411_zps4b1476a7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4412_zps469babbb.jpg

Matt played in 3 games with the big club his rookie year. Here is the alternate jersey he wore that season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4413_zpseff213af.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4414_zpse175fb2a.jpg

Matt has managed to be with the big club at the right time, however. In 2011 he did not play but was with the team for the Stanley Cup Finals and lifted the cup on the ice. He was also with the team for the Finals this year and did not play, but did participate in the pre-game skate before all six games. Here are his 2013 Stanley Cup Finals jerseys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4415_zps5968fd18.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4416_zps5d189d18.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4417_zpsd0da0e36.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4418_zpsd5a1e0da.jpg

jeffaary
09-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Moving on to Buckeye hockey players without any connection to the Bruins, here is Justin DaSilva's road and alternate jerseys with the CCHA farewell patch from last season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4419_zps9b6a392f.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4420_zps5a17834d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4421_zps2a23d39e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4422_zpsdc138ba4.jpg

Here is Riley Simpson's Frozen Faceoff special:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4423_zps70ec031a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4424_zps7238a9db.jpg

Devon' Krogh's home and alternate from 2011-12. Love the Buckeye leaves on the yoke of the new home jerseys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4425_zpsb8f7238e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4426_zps67221581.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4427_zps75f23ab0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4428_zps10c25792.jpg

jeffaary
09-16-2013, 01:48 PM
My Buckeye hockey collection skips many years because I thought their jerseys for the first decade of this century were pretty boring.

Andre Signoretti 1999:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4429_zps5323cef1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4429_zps5323cef1.jpg

Vinnie Grant 1998 alternate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4431_zps638f23fa.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4432_zpsef4a0e5f.jpg

Bryan Morrison 1995-96 with CCHA 25th anniversary patch and Big Ten Centennial patch. Never seen another jersey like it. I tracked Brian down via Linkedin and he authenticated it for me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4433_zps8ebc50df.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4434_zps9ba50613.jpg

The next two jerseys have an interesting back story. They used to belong to the collector I bought the Bartkowski barberpole from. They, along with many others, were stolen from his OSU dorm room in the 1990's. We figured that out when we were comparing collections. This one is Mark Skogstad's white jersey with his name misspelled:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4435_zpsa057aea0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4436_zpsd9316521.jpg

Ryan Root's red jersey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4439_zps3ac62190.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4440_zps62a258fd.jpg

Eddie Choi's 1990-91 jersey with CCHA 20th anniversary patch:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4437_zpse7815939.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4438_zpsa37cc1eb.jpg

My oldest OSU hockey jersey, Stacey Hartnell 1988-89. I also tracked Stacey down via Linkedin and had him authenticate it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4441_zpseaf79291.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4442_zps85269a06.jpg

Can we call off Dr Kevorkian? I think this thread is off life support...

OSUBucksCollector
09-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Its alive, its alive!!!!! Awesome pics guys. I have run in to a few other collectors that are also in to Hockey. Am I missing something here? HAHA. Once I get a chance to take a few pics I will post a few more things up here. Super excited to get this thread back going again.

Jeffaary - Any idea on where that number font came from? The reason I bring it up is because right when I saw it I knew I saw a five like that before...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/03/20273/more-hot-font-news-ohio-state-appears-to-have-tweaked-football-jersey-numbers

Maybe just a coincidence...kind of strange though.

buckeyegamers - Nice swisher jersey. I was trying to find a Cleveland one. Have not really searched too hard. Plus most of my collecting funds go to Ohio State football items.

jeffaary
09-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I have run in to a few other collectors that are also in to Hockey. Am I missing something here? HAHA.

Yes. Hockey jerseys rule. Football jerseys have numbers on the front. Hockey jerseys have artwork. Hockey jerseys are way cooler than football jerseys from an aesthetic point of view IMO.

OSUBucksCollector
09-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Jeffaary - Since "Football jerseys have numbers on the front and Hockey jerseys have artwork." let me get that ugly 1968 jersey of your hands for you haha. Seriously though if you do decide to ever let it go let me know. It is awesome.

Here are some pictures...

1998-2001 Tim Cheatwood (thinking it is 98-99 since it is the shorter shirt style). Dirt on the sleeve and also looks like there may be some bloodstains. One of my favorite styles. Love the 90s!

1995 Ohio State w/ Centennial Patch - NNOB but you can see where a nameplate once was. Not a ton of use but there is some dirt around the neck

Mid 80s jersey, not sure if nameplate was added at a later point. Tons of team repairs and still has the tape on the sleeves. Trying to find out if Jeff Davidson may have worn 77 instead of 50 his freshman year. Just have not had much time to spend researching it.

jeffaary
09-18-2013, 01:43 PM
..." let me get that ugly 1968 jersey off your hands from you haha. Seriously though if you do decide to ever let it go let me know.

It would take something pretty special to get the 1968 jersey off my hands.

Regarding football jersey vs. hockey jersey aesthetics, I've yet to see a football jersey that looks as good as my Bartkowski P-Bruins alternate. This is jersey porn:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4411_zps4b1476a7.jpg

OSUBucksCollector
09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
I know it would take something special. I wish I had some really cool hockey stuff. Had to put a plug in though haha

That is a good looking hockey jersey and I do agree there are some pretty cool looking hockey jerseys out there. I think football jerseys are starting to move in the right direction. It is tough with Ohio State though. Every year it is the same debate with Buckeye fans when the pro combat/rivalry jerseys come out. Gotta keep with tradition and their uniforms are so basic. I really liked the 2009 and last years 2012 jerseys.

jeffaary
09-19-2013, 11:50 AM
I saw Tim Cheatwood in an Arena Football game here in Arizona a couple of years ago.

The 2009 special jersey was ok, but the stripes on the pants were lame and looked pink. I didn't care for the bland 2010 or 2011 special uniforms. Last year was ok, but the silver numbers didn't do much for me. They don't pop like the white numbers.

What I'd like to see is OSU wear the red 1966-67 helmets with the Paul Warfield era road jersey that has the "Buckeye Stripe" on the shoulders instead of the sleeves. That would be sick...

This helmet:
http://img.comc.com/zoom/f5a7486b-0ecb-48d3-a820-11d6a9811f59.jpg

with this Jersey:
http://media.cleveland.com/osu-michigan/photo/11875916-mmmain.jpg

buckeyegamers
09-19-2013, 12:02 PM
My favorite of my entire collection. 2000 game worn Tennessee Titans Eddie George jersey, complete with 16 team repairs and 8 unrepaired holes. Photomatched to 12/17/00 Browns game where Eddie had 176 yards and 3 touchdowns.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW1.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW1.jpg.html)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW19.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW19.jpg.html)

jeffaary
09-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Gary:

From a "whose jersey was it" and "battle damage" point of view that is definitely a great jersey. From an aesthetic perspective, though, IMO this is your best NFL jersey:

http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/VikingsWinfield9.jpg.html?sort=6&o=37

IMO the rest of your top ten best looking jerseys are Bobby Carpenter Dallas double star, Nate Clements black Bengals, Michael Jenkins red Falcons, David Boston blue Chargers, Keith Byars kelly green Eagles, Vernon Gholston green Jets, Chris Spielman brown Browns, Vaughn Broadnax Bucco Bruce creamsicle, & Ashton Youboty blue Bills throwback.

OSUBucksCollector
09-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Finally!!! I have been looking for this jersey for over 2 years! I would say this is probably one of the best Ohio State jerseys out there. Also my first Ohio State hockey jersey. Now I am hoping the baseball and basketball teams maybe let go of their Camo jerseys. Love Ohio State military tribute items.

Buckeyegamers - Awesome Eddie George jersey. Love when a jersey shows a ton of use.

Jeffaary - Ya I heard Cheatwood was playing in Arena Football for a while. I think the Uniforms options you mentioned would be pretty cool. It would be interesting to see how they could do the stripes on the shoulders. Give the jersey a whole new look.

jeffaary
09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
That's a pretty good first hockey jersey. I'm looking for one of those myself, and also one of these OSU camos:

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2011_2012/MensHockey/12-01-21-MH-0080.jpg

I believe this was only worn once. I didn't even know about it until I took my kids to an OSU women's hockey game in January and a fan was wearing one of these gamers.

OSUBucksCollector
09-26-2013, 09:58 AM
I also didnt know about those camo jerseys until a few days ago. I was trying to see if I could find some pictures of this camo jersey and saw the same picture you posted. Hopefully it isnt another 2+ years of waiting and looking haha.

buckeyegamers
09-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Love the OSU camos. I'm not sure of the year on mine, but I know I was on the hunt for one for a few years before I found this one a couple years ago.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00654.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00654.jpg.html)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00653.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/Hockey%20Jerseys%20Game%20Worn%20Issued/DSC00653.jpg.html)

mrozie
09-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Here's a sideline cape, not sure of the year.

Late 70's-early 80's Luther Henson

Red jersey #57, nnob????

tom1315
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Here is a multi-season worn gamer. Really hard to find OSU gamers. This one has two recertification stickers - one on top of the other - year showing 2004. Riddell mask dated 01-03. The pictures do not do justice to the silver flake - sparkle - paint job...really nice paint work. Facemask clips dated 06 and 07. Note the black marker markings by the cheekpad and in the top of the helmet. The lid is cracked on the right side...does not hurt the look though at all. I wonder if the equipment manager made the comment in the top of the shell -
"Display Only Cracked Shell 10/26" then a signature...anyone recognize the signature?

The paint job is just gorgeous...pictures do not show how nicely done.

Enjoy!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

bgakladd
09-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Tom... I can check with Rob Lachey if I run into him. He works in athletic dept. at OSU and still does I think. His family lives about 25 minutes from me. He helps to bring a lot of helmets and jerseys from Ohio State back to stag night hosted by Jim Lachey in his old home town for fund raising purposes. I bought a lot of jerseys years ago, included were B. Hoying, T. Hoying, Katzenmoyer, M. Vrabel, Finkes, and Fickle. I bought several helmet then and saw plenty with numbers inside but not initials. They had red or black permanent marker numbers. I remember somebody trying to sell me this about a year ago. I thought it might of been worn by Maurice Clarett since I saw the MC 13 inside, but saw he never wore a high snap chin strap. Did you get this from a lady who sells on Ebay from Columbus area??? I got your pictures saved and will try to show them to him and see what you have.

tom1315
09-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Good morning "bgakladd," Yes, purchased from a lady in Columbus. She had this older gamer and three or four of the recent worn throwbacks. I asked more questions, looked at additional pictures and got comfortable with it.

Would love to have Rob's input and narrow down to a player who could have worn.

Many thanks, Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

OSUBucksCollector
09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Awesome stuff guys! So glad to see this thread up and running again. Glad to see some pictures of some new stuff out there. Lets keep this thread going!!!!!

OSUBucksCollector
10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I am posting these pictures for fellow forum member "moustache gang". He is having trouble logging on. Amazing jersey...

aallanson
10-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I am posting these pictures for fellow forum member "moustache gang". He is having trouble logging on. Amazing jersey...

Outstanding jersey! Even as a Seminole collector, I can appreciate the beauty of some of these. My kingdom for an old FSU jersey like one of these. Almost makes me want to branch out my collection into other schools. Almost :)

OSUBucksCollector
11-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Jeffaary

Could you send me an email? I have some information to pass on to you. Thanks! Wish I was posting a pickup in here haha.

OSUBucksCollector
11-14-2013, 08:36 AM
I know I started a thread for this helmet, and I hate double posting, but had to try and get the Ohio State topic going again. Go Bucks!

jeffaary
11-22-2013, 11:41 PM
Just got in some new hockey jerseys. First, Mark Skogstad saw this thread and asked if he could buy his jersey. I had to replace it with a similar jersey, which is this Jeff Winter:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4536_zps8996cd5e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4537_zpse36af6fc.jpg

I also came up with this Steve Richards mesh style. It is hammered/stained/washed out. My white Eddie Choi previously posted is the same way. I see why the Bucks went from this style to a heavier jersey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4538_zps85e369a2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4539_zps0b4f03d3.jpg

This one I'm super excited about. It is the match to my other Brian Morrison jersey with the CCHA 25th anniversary and Big Ten Centennial patches, 3-D numbers, and OSU shoulder logos. I've never seen another jersey from this season and I'm really glad to reunite the pair:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4534_zpscce112d5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4535_zpsdd37f260.jpg

OSUBucksCollector
11-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Jeffaary

Glad to hear things worked out. Love the jerseys. Hoping to find a few football jerseys (home and away) from that 95 season with the centennial patch. I also just love the 94-95 champion jerseys and the early nike jerseys with the short style.

Go Bucks!

jeffaary
12-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Just picked up this 2002-03 J.B. Bittner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4603_zps3234fd91.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4604_zps0fc32e18.jpg

jeffaary
12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Here's John Dingle's red version from the same era as the Bittner jersey:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4619_zpsda46ed84.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4619_zpsda46ed84.jpg.html)

Note though that the later versions of this jersey have drop numbers and names:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4620_zps2c223f89.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4620_zps2c223f89.jpg.html)

Corey Elkins 2008-09. This jersey is hammered and has a lot of repairs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4621_zps097debad.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4621_zps097debad.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4622_zpsf8687d7e.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4622_zpsf8687d7e.jpg.html)

Sean Duddy 2010-11:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4623_zps5db46698.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4623_zps5db46698.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4624_zps8f7ec637.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeffaary/media/IMG_4624_zps8f7ec637.jpg.html)

OSUBucksCollector
12-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for keeping the thread alive!!!! How many hockey jerseys do you have haha. Rough weekend for football. Hopefully find some good items to cures my blues haha.

jeffaary
12-09-2013, 11:57 PM
How many Buckeye hockey jerseys do I have? Not enough!!! Still lots of holes in my collection.

I've posted pics of all the ones I have and continue to post pics as I purchase them.

OSUBucksCollector
01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Finally can give this thread a little life again.

1976/77 Duncan Griffin "Orange Bowl" Jersey.

sjsinohio
02-18-2014, 09:01 AM
80s game used Ohio State helmet

OSUBucksCollector
04-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Always trying to keep this thread alive haha....

jeffaary
04-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Nice 2012 Michigan jersey.

I've got some stuff to add. Just need time to take pics...

jeffaary
04-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Finally found my cow-moo-flage from a January 2012 Ferris State game. This belonged to Justin DaSilva:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4795_zpsda9dfd7c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4796_zps71ff9922.jpg

Here's Sam Jardine's Hockey City Classic jersey from this January:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4797_zpsae1ed0af.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4798_zpsaa28f463.jpg

Here's a Paul Kirtland Jersey from earlier this decade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4799_zpsda4856e3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeffaary/IMG_4800_zpsf6492c93.jpg

OSUBucksCollector
04-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Jeffaary

Awesome cow mo flage jersey! You know I love the military related stuff. Unfortunately my budget only allows me to focus on certain stuff haha. Glad to see you have made some good pick ups!

murfsteve25
10-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Brandon Saine #3 white game used jersey. Not sure what year it's from. Signed with a COA from the Bucks. I tried to upload pics but of course the file was too big.

Juan Gris
10-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Brandon Saine #3 white game used jersey. Not sure what year it's from. Signed with a COA from the Bucks. I tried to upload pics but of course the file was too big.

I'd really like to see this jersey as I went to high school and played football with Brandon. I use this website (link is below) to change the file size of pictures to post on GUU as well as combining photos vertically/horizontally. To resize your image just click "Add", select your image, change the width or height until the file size will be small enough to post on GUU, click generate image, save it to your computer and you're set. You may need to play around with it a bit to get the image size you prefer but it's really easy once you get the hang of things.

http://www.quickpicturetools.com/en/combine_images/

bgakladd
12-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Just got this 1959 #45 Ohio State red jersey. It came from the Ron Weldy family. Ron played at Ohio State in 1959. He wore #76 then and had this in his collection along with an actual 1959 Ohio State playbook (Rare). The sleeves are hemmed in a white thread, looks like an alteration on the area with a white thread stitching. The 1959 jerseys had a white sleeve cuff there in that year. The roster that year had Jim Herbstreit (Kirk's father) wearing #45. Don't know if it was used in regular season but was used in practice that year according to the family members. Size is 42 and has Sandknit tagging on the bottom. Very rare 50's jersey that goes great in my OSU #45 collection along with A. Griffin and A. Katzenmoyer jerseys. Thanks Vinnie (Vinn10zo) for helping me get this!

bgakladd
12-18-2014, 12:05 AM
It took over 35 years to track one of these down, but I finally got a 1987 Earle Bruce headband that was worn in the Ohio State Michigan game in 1987. These were worn in honor of Earle Bruce as he was to be let go as head coach after the 1987 season. Picked this up from #51 Greg Zackeroff who played on the offensive line for the buckeyes that year. Photo of Greg standing behind Bruce after the game.

bgakladd
12-18-2014, 12:16 AM
Forgot to mention that is Greg Zackeroff holding the headband in the last pic too.

Juan Gris
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
That is such an awesome addition! Congrats!

sjsinohio
12-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Hello fellow OSU collectors. I have two items on ebay right now that this forum might enjoy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291339746307?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291339283174?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Please let me know if you have any questions about the OSU items. Thanks!

GO BUCKS

bgakladd
01-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Spent some time with ex Wisconsin (2005-2008 #25) safety Shane Carter and his girl friend tonight. Shane is Ex Buckeye and NFL HOF Chris Carter's younger brother. I end up going home with this Woody Hayes award that Chris received from the 1985 Michigan Ohio State game as the most outstanding player from that game. I know it's not a game worn item but still worth showing.

both-teams-played-hard
01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
I am trying to sell this 1940s OSU letterman sweater. All wool with chenille "O".
Sweet tag from Harley Davidson Sporting Goods in Columbus.

http://s16.postimg.org/ob2uhkf51/image.jpg[http://s4.postimg.org/6ytdzc17x/image.jpg

bgakladd
08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
A few Ohio State Buckeye football player items but on their high school football level. Art Schlichter's mid 70's varsity letter from Miami Trace high school. And Chris Spielman's early 80's varsity letter from Massillon Tigers, playing both basketball and football. And a couple of Spielman trophy awards from his Massillon days, inc. the James Rhodes Touchdown Club of Columbus award from 1983. Trying to find any high school varsity letters from your favorite players is almost impossible, and I got them both!

bgakladd
09-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Recent pickup, a game used Ohio State Buckeyes team signed football from the 1968 squad. It came from ex Buckeye coach Glenn "Tiger" Ellison family members. All the big names from the day are on it. And included is the tie Ellison wore during the 1969 Rose Bowl against USC. Buckeyes won the game 27-16.

bgakladd
11-20-2015, 12:19 PM
I added another Ohio State Buckeye football great to my collection of high school varsity letters of Buckeye players. Here is Mike Vrabel's 1993 high school varsity letter on his lettermans jacket when he attended Walsh Jesuit high school.

bgakladd
12-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Thinning out my Ohio State Buckeyes collection and don't remember posting these two Buckeye game worn helmets. One is my friend Bill Jaco's 1979 regular season and 1980 Rose Bowl helmet worn against USC. The other is Art Schlichter's 1981 senior year Buckeye helmet. The rubber neck liner on the Schlichter helmet is tucked under the shell. Both are photo matched.

pbsm2014
12-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Hi. What are you asking for each helmet? Please reply to: tcgamble@gmail.com

bgakladd
01-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Just purchased this tonight. Mike Vrabel's 2005 New England Patriots game worn jersey. Cant find his Buckeye jersey yet, so this will have to do for now.

murfsteve25
01-09-2016, 02:02 AM
Kurt Coleman and Brandon Saine

murfsteve25
01-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Pic wouldn't upload. Screen shot was the only way I could think of...

bgakladd
06-24-2016, 08:26 PM
I picked up my old Bobby Hoying #14 1995 game worn jersey that he used in the game against Penn St. I sold it years ago and decided to buy it back. I picked up this 1993 Jim Lachey #79 Washinton Redskins game jersey also.

Dewey2007
06-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Here's one that might be of interest to you OSU basketball collectors. It's a Ron Lewis jersey from his time with Enel Brindisi of the Italian League

http://www.newbasketbrindisi.it/nbb/portale/shop/6948/maglia-gara-lewis-stagione-2013-14

I just bought a couple of jerseys from them so if you're interested you should email them first about shipping prices to the US. They can be reached at: store@newbasketbrindisi.it

murfsteve25
07-03-2016, 09:28 PM
OSU football tickets will be on sale soon. I'm looking for some OSU vs *ichigan.

anybody have any good tips on getting tickets? I'm thinking about trying to purchase them online July 1th... but I've also heard something about a pre sale. also is there anywhere where season ticket holders sell theirs (besides craigslist, stub hub, eBay) I just don't wanna pay $400 a ticket

bgakladd
07-11-2016, 12:01 AM
Here is a 1944-45 game worn Ohio State Buckeyes football helmet. #40 written inside on the suspension pad. Rawlings model A29X. Very rare leather helmet which is about impossible to find.

Preston
07-14-2016, 07:46 PM
I had the chance to buy this jersey a few years ago and regretfully passed - if you ever decide to part with it please let me know.

My favorite of my entire collection. 2000 game worn Tennessee Titans Eddie George jersey, complete with 16 team repairs and 8 unrepaired holes. Photomatched to 12/17/00 Browns game where Eddie had 176 yards and 3 touchdowns.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW1.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW1.jpg.html)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w14/buckeyegamers/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW19.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/buckeyegamers/media/NFL%20Game%20Worn%20Jerseys%20of%20former%20Buckey es/TitansGeorgeW19.jpg.html)

strongarm
07-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Anyone have access to Chris Gamble? I've been trying to get ahold of him for awhile now

strongarm
01-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Anyone have access to Chris Gamble? I've been trying to get ahold of him for awhile now

Just wanted to bump this for help. Would pay handsomely.

bgakladd
01-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to bump this for help. Would pay handsomely.

Try tcgamble@gmail.com I was emailing him several weeks ago and he responded.

strongarm
01-30-2017, 12:52 PM
Try tcgamble@gmail.com I was emailing him several weeks ago and he responded.

Thank you so much. I just send one. Could you email me when you get a chance? pikappmvp@yahoo.com

Thank you again.

strongarm
01-31-2017, 04:42 AM
I should have clarified. I'm looking for Chris Gamble former Carolina Panther and OSU great. Thank you.

bgakladd
02-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Just picked these 2 game worn Ohio State Buckeyes helmets up from defensive great Nick Buonamici. Nick was an All Big Ten selection and 2nd team All American. The 1975 #75 helmet was his regular season and Rose Bowl helmet worn against UCLA. The white #81 helmet was his 1976 #75 regular season helmet which was later stripped of all decals and repainted for his appearance in the 1977 Senior Bowl. Bgakladd@aol.com

murfsteve25
07-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Waiting on this 2015 Jalin Marshall team issued to come in the mail.

murfsteve25
09-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Josh Perry

CapKnight10
05-25-2020, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have Hurons contact information??