PDA

View Full Version : Non-receipt of merchandise (eBay)

Patrick002
05-30-2006, 02:40 PM
The seller ignored all my emails. Should I dispute the credit card charges(PayPal), or file a complaint with eBay/PayPal first? I have a feeling that the PayPal route is more time consuming and probably end up getting no where. Thanks for your opinion.

trsent
05-30-2006, 02:47 PM
The seller ignored all my emails. Should I dispute the credit card charges(PayPal), or file a complaint with eBay/PayPal first? I have a feeling that the PayPal route is more time consuming and probably end up getting no where. Thanks for your opinion.

As a seller on eBay, I would tell you the following:

1st - Get the seller's phone number. You can do this in the Advanced Search menu. (Advanced Search: Members: Find Contact Information) Call the seller and see what's up.

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofocus=bs&sacat=-1&catref=C5&sspagename=h:h:advsearch:US&from=R7&nojspr=y&fsop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=3&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

2nd - Dispute the PayPal charge on the PayPal site. Sellers hate this. It immediately takes the money from their PayPal account and they cannot get it back until they offer a delivery confirmation through their shipping company.

I'll tell you this, if you dispute the credit card charge first you'll find a mess from PayPal as they hate it when a credit card is disputed without their notification system first being used.

I hope this helps!

metsbats
05-31-2006, 07:23 AM
I've file an Internet Fraud claim the two times I was ripped off. Threaten to call the local police. I worked w/ the local police in Westminster CA where a seller lived. I never got any recourse but it spooked the seller into moving to another State. I was told by the local police that these types of cases are hard to resolve. I never pay via MO and always thru paypal or credit card as you have more recourse if you paid via those two mechanisms.

Ebay and paypal offer relief. I did pay thru a MO to a seller last year and never received the item nor did the seller ever return calls or emails. You will have to file a claim for non-receipt of goods thru ebay. I recovered about 70% of the total cost of the item that was never delivered.

Hope this Helps and Hope you resolve your problem.

David

Patrick002
06-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Thank you, Joel and David, for your advice. I'm filing a claim thru PayPal to recover my money.