PDA

View Full Version : is this a photomatch

hiflyer56
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
photomatch?

TriplexXxSports
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Based on the creases in the orange part of the shoe, I would say yes.

Manram
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I would say so

Vintagedeputy
09-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Not a match - creases are different and there are other minor things not present on both shoes.

hiflyer56
09-09-2009, 06:10 AM
its alot clearer in the light

TriplexXxSports
09-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Not a match - creases are different and there are other minor things not present on both shoes.

What are we missing DEP?

yanks12025
09-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I think they are a match, to me it looks like the creases match up, even the small ones.

Vintagedeputy
09-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Not all of the creases match

Look at the worn shoe below the 4, there is a white dot not present on the top photo

Look at the Nike swoosh, the worn shoe shoes a very different curvature/bend towards the middle of the swoosh that isnt present in the top photo.

sportscentury
09-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Not all of the creases match

Look at the worn shoe below the 4, there is a white dot not present on the top photo

Look at the Nike swoosh, the worn shoe shoes a very different curvature/bend towards the middle of the swoosh that isnt present in the top photo.

My take: It's a photomatch. The creases match across the entire sole. The white dot is a spot of glare from the lighting. Also, the bend toward the middle of the swoosh is actually a slight buckle from the pressure of Kobe's stance.

TriplexXxSports
09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess I fail to see how it is that the creases don't match up......

Rob L
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Creases in the white portion of the shoe below the 24 match. The crease above the Nike swoosh matches. Great photomatch!

Vintagedeputy
09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Some of the creases are very similar, but there are extra creases in the worn shoe that I cant see in the posted photo....also, where's the dirt spot on the white in the rear? Maybe if both shoes are shown at the same angle, it may become more obvious.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but I think this is an example of people wanting to see things that are just not in evidence...its a style match no doubt, but not a photo match imho.

zookerman182
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
dead on match nice job

TriplexXxSports
09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Some of the creases are very similar, but there are extra creases in the worn shoe that I cant see in the posted photo....also, where's the dirt spot on the white in the rear? Maybe if both shoes are shown at the same angle, it may become more obvious.

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but I think this is an example of people wanting to see things that are just not in evidence...its a style match no doubt, but not a photo match imho.

Could the dirt spot and varying creases have happened after the Getty photo was taken?

scottanservitz
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Man, I've looked back and forth a bunch of times and I just don't see what the problem is.....dead on match to me!

Scott

Bobby Jenks
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM

I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but I think this is an example of people wanting to see things that are just not in evidence...its a style match no doubt, but not a photo match imho

The added pressure from wearing the shoes may be the "extra creases". It's apparent he is only on one foot in the worn photo therefore adding MORE pressure. In my amateur opinion, it is a match.

momen55
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
i was going to say the same thing. the pressure of being on it will add more creases opposed to having the shoe just sit there. when i put my shoes on, there are more creases in them. when i take them off, all the little ones decrease but the majority of the big ones remain. nice haul.

Jules9
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/John1913/49668_02_lg.jpg

There is a black mark on the purple/silver ribbed part above the sole (circled in yellow) and if you count the ribbed lines from the black arrow, the black mark is at the 10-11 rib.

If you enlarge the getty image you can see similarities in the purple stiching in the Nike swoosh (circled in red) but they are a little hard to see because of the NBA watermark and it looks like you can see the black scuff marks on the sole, when pic is enlarged.

If the picture of the actual shoe was taken at the same angle as the getty image, it might be easier to match the creases up. Looks like a match to me