PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have any Mitchell & Ness Jersey's? I got Questions?

panthrotc
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
i was looking to purchase a size 48 for my uncle. Size 48 for a Mitchell and Ness Yankee throwback jersey is XL. I know with Majestic that XL are size 52's. A 52 for Mitchell and Ness is XXL. Does anybody have any of the Mitchell And Ness Baseball Throwback jerseys? Do they run big? Im just worrying that a 48 XL for mitchell and ness is going to run like a Large Majestic. Any help for anyone that has historys with Mitchell and Ness Jerseys is appreciated.

JasonBanz
09-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I have an NFL Mitchell and Ness jersey. With the Reeboks I run about a 52. With the Mitchell and Ness I got a 48. I don't understand their sizing but their XL are 48.

MJB14
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
They have a sizing chart on their site with the jerseys dimensions if it helps. Here's a link:

http://www.mitchellandness.com/FAQ.aspx#51f476ab-51ac-4153-bf6b-5e3ca2bfe1de

otismalibu
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Best thing to do with any brand of jersey you plan on wearing, is to get a measurement. I've got a number of M&N hoops jerseys and they're all over the map.
Ask for a measurement across the chest and see where you're at. Compare that to a measurement on a jersey/shirt you already have with the desired fit.

24" = true 48
25" = true 50
26" = true 52

You get the idea. Forget about the letter sizing.

TNTtoys
09-10-2009, 09:17 AM
From my experience, Mitchell and Ness jerseys are usually fairly accurate with regards to their number sizes (a size 46 would generally mean approx. 46 inches around the chest). There are always subtle variations. For instance, the M&N size 44 and the M&N size 46 are virtually the same jersey -- they seem to have the exact same chest measurement, though the 46 is slightly longer. I always use the rule of thumb that if there is ever a shadow of a doubt, to err on the high side. Worst case, the jersey is too long and can be take in at the bottom.

On the contrary, the Majestic "authentic" jerseys are ridiculous. A retail size 44 Majestic measures a whopping 50 inches around the chest. Why such a huge disparity? I have team issued/game used Majestic jerseys in sizes 46 and 48 that are SMALLER than their retail 44s. I suppose if you base M&N purchases on your knowledge of these, you will always buy the wrong size ;-)