PDA

View Full Version : Any winners GFC BBHOF Auction?

worldchamps
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Title kind of says it all....but did anyone win?

nickacs
09-12-2009, 05:43 PM
I had a couple things as the highest bidder going into this morning's live auction, but then the prices just skyrocketed for about 80% of everything.. No ways! Stuff jumped from like $250 to $3000 in a matter of 3secs with the floor bids :rolleyes:

I did some jersey research on some of the other items I wanted and all turned out with Getty image inconsistencies, so I'm extremely happy that I didn't end up getting fakies.

I was only going for stuff with either Bulls coa or other items with additional player/manager provenances only. None of this GF or BHoF letter crap!

Looks like with all the talk in that one "first jersey" of MJ, someone sure liked it for $66k.. LOL Hope it was worth it! :p

33bird
09-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow! I can tell you this: It's a great auction to sell your items in, but it's not an auction to buy stuff. Some of those prices are insane! Two items of mine sold in this auction but unfortunately they weren't mine anymore. The MJ shoes from 95-96 went for over 10K. I sold them for 2k. The Rodman shoes from 1995-96 use to be mine and sold them for 500.00. They went for 2k+! For now on I might be patient and sell my better stuff in this auction next year. Great prices for consignors and you actually get paid, unlike AMI.

Sonny25
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I really had no intentions of getting anything, but ended up with the Al Smith Denver Rockets ABA warm-ups.
I put my bids in on Friday & assumed I wouldn't come away with anything.

I really wanted the Wilt/Globetrotters poster & the Nate Thurmond player of the year trophy, but decided against it at the last second.

mfsquirrelmaster
09-14-2009, 04:04 AM
I was surprised that the Wilt Allstar uni went for $100k. The Dr.J ABA allstar jersey in a previous hof auction went well over $100k.

genius
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Amazing prices on some of those jerseys! Have to give GF credit for drawing that type of buyer. Was it a one-time phenomenon due to Jordan being inducted, maybe a bunch of NBA stars with mega-pockets were in for the weekend festivities and got into a friendly bidding war? Or does this re-set the bar on all NBA g/u items going forward?