PDA

View Full Version : best week ever!!!

WadeInBmore
09-12-2009, 07:40 PM
So for the past couple of years that I have belonged to the forum I have anxiously watched, read, and gawked at this site and some of the items that come up in discussion (good and bad).

I am ofttimes bewildered by the dudilegence of forum members and astonished by everyones ability and willingness to reach out and help other collectors. I have even found myself envious of other player collectors as items seem to fall from the heavens and into their collections with ease as destiny had seemingly taken over...

Well this past week ladies and gentlemen...I have had MY day in collecting...finally. Within a 36 hour period I was contacted to purchase a bunch of different Frank Thomas items from over 4 different people (2 of which are members of this forum). When all is said and done I will have purchased (hopefully, 1 deal still pending) three jerseys, one pair of cleats, and a hat to boot! Absolutely crazy.

As I wait for the last items to trickle in and a last possible deal to happen I just wanted to ask...WHAT WAS YOUR BEST COLLECTING WEEK EVER? AND WHY. Perhaps its times like this that makes collecting so much fun...and at times intense! I got two items in the mail today and was equally excited about them both!!!

Can't wait to hear your tales!

wade

shoremen44
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Wade,
Great to hear it... congrats...

I once picked up 3 legit Pujols bats in a week... and won an auction of old school helmets...

Barely had enough money to pay for it all... my best week ever

sox83cubs84
09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Hard to pick a week, but I can definitely cite my best collecting DAY...my 50th birthday, September 27, 2008. No hobby-related gifts from the family (what else is new? :) ), but 3 bats from the Indians as they played the White Sox at the cell. Three bats were handed to me: a Joel Skinner fungo bat, a Ryan Garko cracked bat (signed), and a David Delucci brand new bat).

Dave M.
Chicago area

dcrules01
09-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Fantastic my best collecting week was about 6 months ago when I managed to snag a Joel Youngblood game used Mets a Doug Flynn 80 Mets uniform and a Bill Pulsipher 95 pinstripe Rookie Mets gamer..:D

metsbats
09-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Wow. We all seem to have had a "best week ever".

Several years ago I finally came across a Randy Neimann game used bat on ebay and subsequently won it. After talking to the seller about other items he has for sale he sold me a Rick Anderson and Ed Hearn bat that week. I was looking for the Neimann and Anderson for over 10 years!