PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what happened to

Gremillion, j
09-13-2009, 12:47 AM
the saints throwbacks?

they wore them 1 time in 2002

has anyone seen any kind of game worn from that game?

this is a picture of michael lewis from the game

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/GREMIL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

sox83cubs84
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Likewise, I don't recall ever seeing one for sale or auction.

Dave M.
Chicago area

G1X
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
They wore the black "throwback" jerseys and, a few weeks later, an alternate gold jersey at home against the Vikings. They sold the gold jerseys on their website. I thought that the Saints might do the same with the black "throwbacks", but when I inquired, I was told that those jerseys were given to the players.

I don't know whether this is actual fact, but it was the story at the time, and it seems to make sense as I've never seen one in the hobby. Perhaps a Saints collector can shed some more light on this, or maybe someone who knows a Saints player from the 2002 season can find out if the players were given the jerseys.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

princip
09-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I just have to say that's an awesome uniform.

Gremillion, j
09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
They wore the black "throwback" jerseys and, a few weeks later, an alternate gold jersey at home against the Vikings. They sold the gold jerseys on their website. I thought that the Saints might do the same with the black "throwbacks", but when I inquired, I was told that those jerseys were given to the players.

I don't know whether this is actual fact, but it was the story at the time, and it seems to make sense as I've never seen one in the hobby. Perhaps a Saints collector can shed some more light on this, or maybe someone who knows a Saints player from the 2002 season can find out if the players were given the jerseys.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

I know Michael Lewis, so i shall ask. but i figured that they may have sold them or something