PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripe Question???

jetersbatboy
09-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Has anyone seen a pinstripe jersey with the exact same pinstripe pattern on another pinstripe jersey? I have seen a few close to one another, but not one exactly the same....My guess it would use to much material and cost to much to make them the exact same, even if there mass produced. the pinstripe variations must be in the thousands if not millions!!!

xpress34
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Has anyone seen a pinstripe jersey with the exact same pinstripe pattern on another pinstripe jersey? I have seen a few close to one another, but not one exactly the same....My guess it would use to much material and cost to much to make them the exact same, even if there mass produced. the pinstripe variations must be in the thousands if not millions!!!

It would be impossible to make them all the same - size variations (40, 42,44,46, etc) - special tailoring (extra 2" - shorten sleeves - tapered, etc.).

It is also why pinstripe jerseys are easier to photomatch - matching logos and such at various points touching pinstripe, etc.

- Chris

LastingsMilledge85
09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Like I said I was just trying to give my opinion, no need to call me out when I'm trying to help you. It's just difficult to photomatch your jersey on such minor details. But that shouldn't matter anyway if it's game used chances are it's game used.

jetersbatboy
09-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Like I said I was just trying to give my opinion, no need to call me out when I'm trying to help you. It's just difficult to photomatch your jersey on such minor details. But that shouldn't matter anyway if it's game used chances are it's game used.
I am sorry that you are thinking, I am calling you out. All I wanted to do was Check what I thought was fact. That all pinstripe jersey are not of the exact same cut... I just spent a lot of time, trying to photo match my jersey. To a way I believed correct, by using the pinstripe pattern.
Aloha Scott

joelsabi
09-14-2009, 12:50 AM
this thread might be helpful.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10230

jetersbatboy
09-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Joel,
Seeing as have about 30 different points of match on the rear numbers alone and a identical under arm seam edge, would I be safe in calling it a 100% match?
Scott

kingjammy24
09-14-2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=854

team wordmark in the same location? very likely.
front numbers in the same location? likely.
back numbers in the same location? less likely.
nob in the same location? not likely.
identical shoulder/body seams? highly unlikely.

for the numbers, they'll often use the pinstripes themselves as placement guides. i haven't seen the specific jersey in question here or viewed any pdfs so i have no opinion on that.

rudy.

jetersbatboy
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Guys thanks for post!

Rudy, if you have sometime can you take a look at my files and give your thoughts of my "photo match". Your opinion is really respected as a jersey expert on this forum, and your thoughts would be appreciated. If you need better images I can email them out.
Thanks Scott

joelsabi
09-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Joel,
Seeing as have about 30 different points of match on the rear numbers alone and a identical under arm seam edge, would I be safe in calling it a 100% match?
Scott

the underseam match you show on VIc 1.2.pdf looks pretty convincing to me. hopefully you can find more photos of the front of the jersey as well.

also are the thickness of the stitches making the stripes the same size? i cant tell from the photos. i own both a 2005 game issued and a 2008authentic majestic Yankee home jersey and there is a definite difference in the thickness of the stripes so that why i was wondering about that. Another possiblilty is the difference is due to the jersey being made from different years but I doubt that is the reason. The issued jersey has a thicker stripe that is noticable when put side to side with the authetic majestic jersey. i probably would not have known the difference otherwise.

this is an interesting read on pinstripes in the book Smithsonian Baseball on page 100-101 and I googled it online too. :)

http://books.google.com/books?id=_ZZxXG89PAIC&pg=PA100&lpg=PA100&dq=%22in+fact+all+pinstripe+uniforms,+are+unique%2 2&source=bl&ots=A5L6wdTDUM&sig=X3NdObAhl9hd8D9_SS3BO5thDNA&hl=en&ei=8TivSo-uIIb0sgOu2rDHCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

it talks about contact points at the seams, buttons and crest.

jetersbatboy
09-15-2009, 02:39 AM
this is an interesting read on pinstripes in the book Smithsonian Baseball on page 100-101 and I googled it online too. :)

http://books.google.com/books?id=_ZZxXG89PAIC&pg=PA100&lpg=PA100&dq=%22in+fact+all+pinstripe+uniforms,+are+unique%2 2&source=bl&ots=A5L6wdTDUM&sig=X3NdObAhl9hd8D9_SS3BO5thDNA&hl=en&ei=8TivSo-uIIb0sgOu2rDHCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

it talks about contact points at the seams, buttons and crest.

Joel,
thanks for the add info, it make me feel alot better about my match!!!! I appreciate the help!!!!!!!
Scott