Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Need Your Expert Opinion On My Arod Bat

Other than the market being flooded with Arod gamers; not having a photomatch; and the econoy being what it is; any ideas why my Arod bat hasn't moved? Priced too high?

I would think with the good use it shows, and the fact it was used during the last series in Yankee Stadium in 2008, it would have sold pretty fast.

Only reason I'm selling it, is because I have another arod gamer that I have been trying to obtain for the past few years. Seller is finally willing to sell it, so I'm moving some of my other nice Arod pieces to get it.

Your knowledge, comments, and opinions are not only appreciated, but are well respected.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • mdube16
    • Jun 2007

Re: Need Your Expert Opinion On My Arod Bat

Tony,

I think the market is just soft in general right now but its more that his stuff is just so easy to get. I would think it needs to be in the 1300 or so range to move quickly.

Just my .02

Thanks
    Mark

Comment

• markize
      • Apr 2008

Tony,

it definitely is a great looking bat! I think you touched on several of the reasons it's not moving, although, I question economy being one of them. I see collectors paying top dollar for pieces they really want. The arod market is full of bats to choose from, but with the great use on yours, and more so, the final series use, I would think it'll go. That brings up a question..were you unable to find a match? If so, I think that plays into it quite a bit. Most on this site know arod will put whatever inscription on a game used item the handelers tell him to. I question how accurate some inscriptions he adds really are. I think you know first hand this fact (sorry, not pouring salt). I would guess with a solid match, it won't last long. Best of luck getting the new piece.

Mark

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by markize
        Tony,

it definitely is a great looking bat! I think you touched on several of the reasons it's not moving, although, I question economy being one of them. I see collectors paying top dollar for pieces they really want. The arod market is full of bats to choose from, but with the great use on yours, and more so, the final series use, I would think it'll go. That brings up a question..were you unable to find a match? If so, I think that plays into it quite a bit. Most on this site know arod will put whatever inscription on a game used item the handelers tell him to. I question how accurate some inscriptions he adds really are. I think you know first hand this fact (sorry, not pouring salt). I would guess with a solid match, it won't last long. Best of luck getting the new piece.

Mark
        Hey Mark, I did look for a photomatch on gettyimages, but there were so limited pictures from that series. Still searching.

Have many watchers, and a few idiots who enjoy bidding $100, $200, etc. What satisifaction that gives them, I have no idea.

The bat will sell. I have nothing invested in this bat (money that is), so it will sell. The item I'm working on getting is well worth letting this bat go for a good price, to even make the buyer happy.

Thanks, Tony
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• markize
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by 3arod13
          Hey Mark, I did look for a photomatch on gettyimages, but there were so limited pictures from that series. Still searching.

Have many watchers, and a few idiots who enjoy bidding $100, $200, etc. What satisifaction that gives them, I have no idea.

The bat will sell. I have nothing invested in this bat (money that is), so it will sell. The item I'm working on getting is well worth letting this bat go for a good price, to even make the buyer happy.

Thanks, Tony
          Tony,

so $200 won't get it done? I guess that $50 offer I was going to make won't work then! Lol. It's hard to imagine such a highly publicized event has so few pictures available. I would think these sites would be overloaded with pics from the series. There are definitely a few spots on the bat that should make for a good match opportunity. Is it too early to say what the chase piece is? If you don't want to put it out here, feel free to email me.

Mark
          sirfuzzy@comcast.net

Comment

• schubert1970
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

1. Roids - After the news broke, the value in his game used stuff has taken a dump

2. Supply & Demand - There are so many Arod bats at the same price, especially HR bats.

3. Arod stuff won't move at a high price again till he does well in the post season or makes a run at the HR record.

4. Jeter, Jeter and Jeter.

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by schubert1970
              1. Roids - After the news broke, the value in his game used stuff has taken a dump

2. Supply & Demand - There are so many Arod bats at the same price, especially HR bats.

3. Arod stuff won't move at a high price again till he does well in the post season or makes a run at the HR record.

4. Jeter, Jeter and Jeter.

I think all this is a perfect example right now including the Economy being bad.

Also if AROD would of comeback and had an outstanding year it would of sparked stronger interest in his stuff. But since at most he is having an average year (I say average loosely) hurts the sales of his items.

Comment

• 3arod13
                • Apr 2006

Great points! I had hope being a bat he used in the last series at Yankee Stadium, vice just a bat he used in any game, would have sparked special interest.

Truly appreciate all your comments. As always, you guys are on point!

Regards, Tony
                Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Tony im not sure how desperate you are to move the bat but what I would suggest is hold on to it. See how AROD does next season. If he starts getting back on track to AROD of the past, then list it. Chances are you will get what your looking for it or more.

Or at least wait till see how he does in the post season of this year. If he starts doing well (Which would be a miracle). That may also start sparking more interest in his items.

Comment

• karamaxjoe
                    • Nov 2005

Suave makes a great point. I would guess the value of AROD stuff is pretty flat right now based on his lifestyle, average season and the economy. All he needs to do is hammer the ball in the post season and win a ring and that bat will skyrocket. I would pull the bat from ebay once the post season starts and pray for AROD to make his mark.

For your sake I hope AROD turns it around this post season. My status as a Yankee hater precludes me from cheering for him.
                    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
                    ~ Bill Veeck

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
                      Tony im not sure how desperate you are to move the bat but what I would suggest is hold on to it. See how AROD does next season. If he starts getting back on track to AROD of the past, then list it. Chances are you will get what your looking for it or more.

Or at least wait till see how he does in the post season of this year. If he starts doing well (Which would be a miracle). That may also start sparking more interest in his items.
                      I agree that's the best way to go. But not having anything invested in this bat, and the fact that I'm chasing a gamer that I have been wanting to get for some time now, I'll move the bat. I know I'm better of holding onto it, but I think you diehard game used collectors can understand where I'm coming from.

I truly appreciate all the comments. You all are a class act!

Regards, Tony
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• sammy
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2005

Well, you have had 3 offers, which have been turned down.

Why don't you state what you are willing to take, bottom line, since you don't have any money in the bat?

Perhaps you can end this soon and buy your other item, either with a purchase through eBay, or on here.

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sammy

Why don't you state what you are willing to take, bottom line, since you don't have any money in the bat?

Perhaps you can end this soon and buy your other item, either with a purchase through eBay, or on here.
                          The offers were $200, $300, and $500. Enough said about that.

Those who have contacted me and asked, that's exactly what I did. I'm not going to state a price, when I may get offerred more. Hence the "buy it now" and "Make and offer."
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sammy

Per GUU rules, you can't post selling an item in GUU, if you're selling elsewhere (ebay, etc.).

The intent of my post was only to get the opinions of you all on why the bat wasn't selling. Many GUU members view ebay on a daily basis, so I'm sure many are well aware of my Arod bat on ebay.

There are many Arod gamers out there. Many with inscriptions that I think are useless (the house that ruth built; chicks dig the long ball, etc.).

I felt with being a gamer that Arod used in the last series at Yankees Stadium in 2008 would definately draw interest.

There are some GUU members who have emailed me via ebay and asked what I would take. I provided them a price. But for ebay, I'll let the "buy it now" and "Make an offer" do its thing.

Regards, Tony

I felt that with
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• CollectGU
                              • Nov 2005

Although it is a nice arod gamer, I feel that the inscription is silly and adds zero value. The fact that is was inscribed as used in the last series of yankee stadium as though that in some way enhances its value to me is silly and actually a turn off. Also, Arod HR bats from his early years can now be had for the same price as your bat and they seem to be a better investment.. Just my 2 cents, I hope that you get a good offer.

Best,
                              Dave

Comment

Working...