PDA

View Full Version : Question About Two G/U Stores

Sonny25
09-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I searched & didn't see this specific question.

But how reliable & safe is gamewornuniforms.com & mvpmemorabilia.com?

commando
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I have used both, and am happy with both. Both companies ship very fast.

Sonny25
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I have used both, and am happy with both. Both companies ship very fast.

So the jerseys are legit game used?

TAFKADixie
09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
So the jerseys are legit game used?

I probably own half a dozen jerseys purchased from GWU (Pro-Am Sports) and have never seen one shred of use on any of them. With that being said, they were cheap enough (all under $100 on ebay) that I was happy enough with the price even if they were issued, not used.

commando
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Pro-Am mostly does bulk buys from the teams themselves. The problem is that usually some of the items in the purchase show use, while others do not. There's no doubt that Pro-Am's bulk buys are legit, but they often don't spend the time or effort to note how much use an item shows. If you call them and catch them at the right time, they can usually grab an item and describe it for you.

sox83cubs84
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
The people at Pro-Am are decent, but the researching done into the history of some items is Lampsonesque. Just now they're offering on eBay what is touted as a 2002 spring training MLB jersey, despite being the wrong manufacturer (Russell instead of Rawlings), the jersey has no NOB (this is a game jersey, not a BP shirt), and the style (a road) is one used by Texas in the 1990s, not in 2002. It's a minor league jersey, but their faulty research builds it up to being more than what it actually is.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Ozric
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Zero research by them, but they are at least team issued. If you are looking for a real game worn jersey, I would not buy from them unless you can inspect the jersey yourself and in person. There is no doubt in my mind that they purchased the jerseys from the teams, but listed them all as game used without even looking at them. Lazy in my mind...

Sonny25
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
What about MVP Memorabilia?