Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neely8
    • Apr 2006

2005 Felipe Lopez Reds Jersey Oddity

I own a 2005 Felipe Lopez alternate Reds jersey and got to thinking why it doesn't have the Reds Running Man patch on the left sleeve. I did a little research and came up with the following. In the first pic. the jersey he's wearing clearly does not have the patch. In the second photo you can see the patch on Weather's jersey but not his. In the third photo Aurilia's jersey also has the patch but looks like Lopez's doesn't. Weird.

Felipe Lopez of the Cincinnati Reds swings at a pitch against the Houston Astros on July 3, 2005 at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Astros won 9-0.

Ken Griffey Jr., Felipe Lopez , Wily Mo Pena , David Weathers , and Adam Dunn of the Cincinnati Reds greet one another after the game against the Atlanta Braves at Great American Ball Park on June...

Felipe Lopez of the Cincinnati Reds is pictured during the game against the Atlanta Braves at Great American Ball Park on June 19, 2005 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Reds defeated the Braves 11-8.
  • Neely8
    • Apr 2006

Re: 2005 Felipe Lopez Reds Jersey Oddity

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

The same thing happened in the January 1995 NFC Championship Game between the Bears and 49ers. Deion Sanders did not have the NFL 75th Anniversary patch on his jersey, while his 49er teammates did.

Dave M.
      Chicago area

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

I can remember a game at Camden yards in '93 where Cal Ripken Jr.'s jersey didn't have the All Star Game patch on the sleeve while all his other teammates did...The buddy who I took to that game couldn't believe that I would even notice such a thing (obviously not a collector!).

Comment

• Neely8
          • Apr 2006

Well I guess it's a good thing I found some good pics. of him wearing an alternate without that patch because if I ever decided to move the jersey the fact that it doesn't have the patch may be an issue.

Comment

• CUTiger23
            • May 2009

In my unprofessional opinion I would say either of these are legitimate reasons:

1. Factory error. We have seen this with other reds jerseys or like the Natinals.
            2. Perhaps he asked for it to be removed. I believe he throes left handed as well, and may not be a fan of the patch on his shoulder. I know playing baseball, I could not really throw right wearing a sweatshirt on cold days, so maybe the patch messed him up. The team would have made him have it back on though since people would have noticed this by now.
            3. He didn't earn his Red Legs since he kinda sucks

Comment

• Neely8
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by CUTiger23
              In my unprofessional opinion I would say either of these are legitimate reasons:

3. He didn't earn his Red Legs since he kinda sucks
              Damn that's not right! He was an All Star in 2005!

Comment

Working...