Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Ernie Harwell Night

The Tigers honored broadcasting legend and Detroit icon Ernie Harwell last night with an onfield ceremony tribute. Nice, but being a Wednesday and crowds a bit thin in September I thought it a bit odd of a choice. It would have been a better choice to at least make it a weekend game where the crowds where heavier? Just my thoughts.

I've met him on many occasions and he has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer. It is just a matter of time. Very sad. He deserved a better tribute I thought. Class act, Detroit and the Tigers have been so fortunate to have him for so long...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • Mauer7
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

Re: Ernie Harwell Night

And if he didnt make it until the weekend? Then what?

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Just a bit of trivia!!!

Ernie is the only announcer in baseball history to be traded for a player!!!

Comment

• skyking26
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mauer7
        And if he didnt make it until the weekend? Then what?
        It's not quite that bad...but bad. I just thought a dim Wed. night with low crowds was a bit cheesy. I expected some comments like this. I think Ernie is class and I want the best for people I respect, that is all, simply put. A weekend game would have been much better and I think most would agree with that assessment.
        ROBERT KOPPEL
        Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Comment

• dcrules01
          • Nov 2005

I am going to a viewing tonight for a friend who lost her mother this past Mon to cancer. She was diagnossed 2 weeks ago today. I also lost my father to cancer 8 yrs ago he survived a year after he was diagnossed. So you never know.
          Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dcrules01
            I am going to a viewing tonight for a friend who lost her mother this past Mon to cancer. She was diagnossed 2 weeks ago today. I also lost my father to cancer 8 yrs ago he survived a year after he was diagnossed. So you never know.
            A friend just lost her 47 year old husband to cancer. He was diagnosed in August and lasted 30 days. I agree, you never you...
            ROBERT KOPPEL

Comment

Working...