PDA

View Full Version : 1930 World Series Gambling Stub

swschultz
09-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Guys,

I have a 1930 World Series Gambling Stub (see attached picture). This was discovered when moving and old dresser and mirror when the stub fell out from between the backing and the mirror. I met with Jim Caravello the other night and he suggested posting to the forum regarding the stub.

Can you please tell me anything about it? Anyone know what the H.N.P.S.C. is? I am guessing the S.C. stands for "Sports Club", but I really don't know. I am guessing that this is from Michigan since it refers to checking the Detroit Free Press for game results, but maybe not. I also assume that "Magic Comb" is an alias or nickname for the person making the bet, since it was obviously not a legal activity. Any information regarding this ticket or its potential value would be greatly appreciated. Any recommendations on the best place to potentially sell this would also be helpful.

Thanks up front for your input!

Scott

flaco1801
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
i think the s.c is for social club....

JimCaravello
09-20-2009, 09:29 AM
I got the chance to see this ticket in person - it's a really cool piece of memorabilia - Scott, I am going to link this thread into the Vintage Section so it will get more exposure..........Jim