PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay?

NYCrulesU
09-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I know it's not game used, but no one is ever on the autograph section of this site. That said, would you pay $1100. for this?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/3000_E26196.jpg

Pros:

All signatures are uniform blue ink and piece is already framed.

hiflyer56
09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
no

NYCrulesU
09-19-2009, 10:53 AM
no

Suggestion on a fair price to pay?

mariner_gamers
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
For all those guys to sign in uniform ink on a milestone piece $1,100 does not seem unreasonable. Take out the cost of the print and the frame($100?) and you are looking at between $70 and $80 per auto. Several of these players charge a premium for signing milestone items and oversized items. A few of the players are slowing down their singing schedules because of age and Hank Aaron is expensive regardless of what you want signed.

In my opinion the range I would expect to see is $795 if someone is hungry because of bad circumstance to $1,500 for someone who has the means to wait for the right buyer.

Just my .02!

Thanks!
Davis

mvandor
09-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Nuthin, it's outa date, no T. Gwynn!

russyurk
09-19-2009, 02:12 PM
For all those guys to sign in uniform ink on a milestone piece $1,100 does not seem unreasonable. Take out the cost of the print and the frame($100?) and you are looking at between $70 and $80 per auto. Several of these players charge a premium for signing milestone items and oversized items. A few of the players are slowing down their singing schedules because of age and Hank Aaron is expensive regardless of what you want signed.

In my opinion the range I would expect to see is $795 if someone is hungry because of bad circumstance to $1,500 for someone who has the means to wait for the right buyer.

Just my .02!

Thanks!
Davis

I'm with Dave on this one, it may not be for most of us (and is missing Gwynn) but when you break it down including the frame it is not unreasonable. The price for many of these guys has really risen the last few years especially Mays. He alone would run around $300 and he is such a flake now he could look at it and ask for another $100 bucks on the spot. Now, to answer the question, no, I would not pay $1,100 becasue all I can think of is what a sweet GU jersey I could get for that. Great question.

Russ

NYCrulesU
09-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I placed an offer on it. I would love to have it hanging on my wall.

Jags Fan Dan
09-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I cannot comment on the value of the piece, but as a baseball fan, I must say that piece is SWEET!!! That one really is a jaw dropper, every sig looks great and it is just a really cool piece with awesome players sigs on it.

camarokids
09-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Nuthin, it's outa date, no T. Gwynn!

You forgot about Wade Boggs....

It is still a nice piece!

If you like it and could get the seller to drop down a bit, it would be a nice piece to own.....

ironmanfan
09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
You forgot about Wade Boggs....

It is still a nice piece!

If you like it and could get the seller to drop down a bit, it would be a nice piece to own.....

also forgot Cal Ripken Jr. I know what the cost would be to start from scratch on this project, but $1100 is way too much IMO..These type of items (manufactured memorabilia) tend to go down in price over the years (there are a lot of these type things out there)..I'm sure if you look and do some comparison pricing, you could do better (perhaps $750-$900)

Moustache Gang
09-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Posters,

I do not know when this piece came out, but it must be pre 2001. Henderson and Palmeiro hit 3K in 2001 and 2005. I agree with those that state it is worth the offeror's price. If one were to go out and single-handedly get all the auto it would be in the $800 to $1,000 range. If I were a 3K hit collector I would have pulled the trigger on this.

Mark

NYCrulesU
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all of the advice guys. You can't imagine how much I would love to own this and display it on my wall. I have wanted this particular lithograph for nearly 7 years.

This piece couldn't have popped up at a worse time, financially. I spoke to the seller and he agreed to accept weekly payments. Very nice gentleman. However, as much as I crunch the numbers (being on such a tight budget recently) I keep coming up $300 short of owning this item. I really wish he would accept $800 for it but he won't. His lowest price is $1050.

Well, sometimes it is nice to want something. Sadly I will have to let this go. I am sure there will be others, but just how many with perfectly uniform signatures like this? That's the one key attraction for me, the signatures are gorgeous.

Well, thanks again guys.

Vintagedeputy
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
dont forget Rickey Henderson and Biggio

CollectGU
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM
they routinely sell at auction from $400-$700. Tell the seller his price is too high. He'll never get that:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=35578&aucsearch=3,000%20hit&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offset=10

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=35652&aucsearch=3,000%20hit&AucListType=closed&TitleDesc=0&period=&offset=10

suave1477
09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
No defintiely not worth that. I have sold many multi signed pieces. This seller is reaching. He is basically asking for a retail store price and/or baseball card show price.
That is where they over price the items to make up for the over head.

Realistically speaking if you were to go out on your own and get the autographs with the frame yourself you probably would be able to do it within the $500 to $700 range.

I personally wouldn't pay over $500 for it. But I am sure it might be more attractive to a 3000 hit collector.

It is a nice Lithograph piece.

Here is a question I have for you. Is it an original Lithograph, a copied Litihograph? Or a poster of a Lithograph?
That would also in my mind play a part in the value.

NYCrulesU
09-26-2009, 12:11 AM
As much as I want the item in question, I've decided to pass on it. I know price I want to pay is in the $700-$800 range. $1100 is just too high. Seller won't budge below $1050. I'd rather not own in than have it and feel like I overpaid.

Thanks for the advice everyone.