PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Clinch Playoff Spot!

jetersbatboy
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Now lets see if they can get to the WS!!

suave1477
09-23-2009, 11:24 AM
About time!! Took them long enough they should of done it several games ago

gnishiyama
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Very excited!
But as a die-hard fan I have to admit I worry about our
rotation.
Goh Nishiyama

bigtime59
09-23-2009, 09:17 PM
And all they needed to do was commit nearly half a billion dollars to free agents in the off season to resume their tradition of purchasing the AL East.
MLB's revenue sharing and scheduling rules are a pathetic mess.
:mad:

LastingsMilledge85
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't think it's in the Yankess' cards to win the WS if you catch my drift.

yanks12025
09-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Mark,
Your funny, but like i always say the Yankees still have more home grown players then the Red sox, rays, and other teams.

bigtime59
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Mark,
Your funny, but like i always say the Yankees still have more home grown players then the Red sox, rays, and other teams.

Do you mean to tell me that you truly believe that if the Yankee$ don't drop that half a billion on free agents this past off-season, they wouldn't be scheduling tee times for the second week in October?
And if that's true; what's the going rate on what you're smoking???

jetersbatboy
09-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you mean to tell me that you truly believe that if the Yankee$ don't drop that half a billion on free agents this past off-season, they wouldn't be scheduling tee times

probaly not!!!!

But at least they spend there money, instead of pocketing it like some CLUB!!!
Almost all money made from baseball goes back to baseball!!!!! Go Yankees

bigtime59
09-26-2009, 07:41 AM
probaly not!!!!

But at least they spend there money, instead of pocketing it like some CLUB!!!
Almost all money made from baseball goes back to baseball!!!!! Go Yankees

I suppose you also think it's just dandy that they have the half a billion to drop on free agents in one off season, and no one else does...
It's supposed to be a sports league, not five Globetrotters and 25 Washington Generals.

kirkb
09-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Ya they bought another one. How exhilerating.

Fnazxc0114
09-26-2009, 11:14 AM
:D you would think with their payroll the would have clinched a month ago.

suave1477
09-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Ya they bought another one. How exhilerating.

I love comments like this.

With all the money we spend we have't one a World Series since 2000.

Meanwhile all the other clubs have the opportunities to do it and just choke when it comes to laying out a few big dollars for the same players.

Let's not forget the Yankees went from 78 to 96 with out winning a championship.

As I repeat - I never understood why fans are mad at the Yankees for doing what ownership is supposed to do by going out and getting the best players they can. When the should be mad at there own ownership for not doing it.

bigtime59
09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I love comments like this.

With all the money we spend we have't one a World Series since 2000.

Meanwhile all the other clubs have the opportunities to do it and just choke when it comes to laying out a few big dollars for the same players.

Let's not forget the Yankees went from 78 to 96 with out winning a championship.

As I repeat - I never understood why fans are mad at the Yankees for doing what ownership is supposed to do by going out and getting the best players they can. When the should be mad at there own ownership for not doing it.

Uh...could it be it's because the Yankee$--by sheer accident of geography--have substantially more $$$ to play with than any other team?
Let's say baseball's regular season is a 100-yard dash. With the money they have (that no one else in the game does) the Yankee$ start that race 10 feet from the finish line. Absent an amazing amount of injuries or utter front office ineptitude, the Yankee$ should never lose the AL East under MLB's current financial system.
That they haven't won a WS in a while is a testament to what a crap shoot the playoffs are and the Yankee$ reluctance to direct the proper percentage of their annual $200MM payroll to a good bullpen.

yanks12025
09-27-2009, 11:28 AM
The people who make points about payroll are just jealous of the yankees. If their team did the same the thing by giving players large contracts and paying them lots of money, they would not say a word. The Yankees front office is about winning, when your a winning team your not able to get the good draft picks like the trash teams get.

JETEFAN
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Same ole crying and complaining year after year, i love it. For all you Yankees bashers, and HONESTY is the key here. How ever they did it, money, bribes, Hoffa whatever, would you guys rather be working on number "27" this year or are all of you really happy with working on whatever number your team is working on (However low that may be)??? Just kidding, I speak for myself, nothing wrong with trying to put the best product on the field year after year, fans like it and support it, they make a ton and put back a ton, all for the fans........

George

LastingsMilledge85
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
I think the payroll complaint is just that, buying your self a playoff spot is not a talent it's a transaction. The Yanks really do take the competion and fun out of the game with their marketing. And, I do praise The Boss for buying that team for a low price and making them, IMO, the most successful sports and financial franchise there is.