PDA

View Full Version : He's baaaaaaaaaack!!!!

suave1477
06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey guys guess what? Hes back!!!
The seller with the jersey with the bunch of cut up game used card peices glued to the jersey is back and with bids on it this time check it out!!!!

I still cant beleive this seller did this!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Ultimate-Jersey-Babe-Ruth-Mel-Ott-Pujols-Bonds_W0QQitemZ8821003122QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

mr.miracle
06-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I would love to see somebody buy this thing and show up wearing it in Philadelphia at a Phillies game. They would probably get beat up just for showing up in something so stupid. This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Brett

34swtns
06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Wow. That's really just goofy.
(sigh), but I'm sure someone will buy it though.
(shakes head in disbelief).

sylbry
06-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I would like to know how much he paid for all of those cards in the first place. That Ruth/Thorpe card could not have been cheap.

suave1477
06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I cant beleive people this time are bidding on it.

The first time he listed it no one bid on it. the second time he listed it i think only 1 person from here bid on it for $10.00

Now the jersey is up to $158.00 after 17 bids and he still has 4 days left.

This should be good!!!

Oil Can Dan
06-02-2006, 09:35 PM
In an effort to play devils advocate here, what's so crazy about what this guy did? I don't mean that from an investment perspective, but if you like those game-used jersey cards in the first place then what's different now that the little pieces are glued to a shirt as opposed to sitting in a card?

Personally I don't get the whole 'tiny-piece-of-what-was-once-a-jersey' thing at all, but the fact of the matter here is that you'd still have the little pieces of the jersey and you apparently still know which patch is from who. So if that's "your thing", then you'd still be good to go. The only thing you don't have is the cardboard around the patch, and if it was the cardboard you were interested in you'd probably just buy the $1.00 packs of cards as opposed to the packs with the game-used cards inserted.

metsbats
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
What I'd like to see is someone try to get all the GU pieces of a single player jersey and reassemble it to it orginal pre-cut state!!

-David

trsent
06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
What I'd like to see is someone try to get all the GU pieces of a single player jersey and reassemble it to it orginal pre-cut state!!

-David

Impossible, they never can use up a jersey in our lifetime, but a fun idea. :rolleyes:

suave1477
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
It can be done as far as never use up a jersey in our lifetime sure they could and they do!!!