PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh!

Mauer7
10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
That was the sound coming from Detroit's Locker Room this afternoon. :D

skyking26
10-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Living outside Detroit, I can only hope they go to MN on Tuesday, on my birthday, and kick their ass. The probability of that happening is quite low. If you watch both teams, you see a Twins team motivated to win, going to play at home Tuesday, and a Detroit team with a terrible w/l record on the road coming in with struggles and starting a 20 year old kid in a game like this... You do the math. Prepare to celebrate in Minnesota...:rolleyes:

schubert1970
10-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Living outside Detroit, I can only hope they go to MN on Tuesday, on my birthday, and kick their ass. The probability of that happening is quite low. If you watch both teams, you see a Twins team motivated to win, going to play at home Tuesday, and a Detroit team with a terrible w/l record on the road coming in with struggles and starting a 20 year old kid in a game like this... You do the math. Prepare to celebrate in Minnesota...:rolleyes:

I'm afraid I agree. I thinbk the Tigers will get it handed to them.....the rookie is going to get shelled. 10-0 and that will be after 5 innings.

Mauer7
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
And Detroit had to use their ace today. MN has theirs going Tuesday. Not that it will matter much. I don't see either team beating the Yanks.

skyking26
10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
And Detroit had to use their ace today. MN has theirs going Tuesday. Not that it will matter much. I don't see either team beating the Yanks.
A agree with ALL COMMENTS. Detroit will get killed in MN on Tuesday, but in the end the Yanks will have their day, unfortunately.

Not a Twins guy, but I think the team shows more motivation and heart than our Tigers by far.

Tay1038
10-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Shades of 2006?! Go Twins!

chakes89
10-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Big Reds fan here but gotta say that I have been following the Twins for about 3 years now and that I am rooting for them

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!

THE DOME AIN'T DEAD YET!!!!!!!!!!

jobathenut
10-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry everyone,i see the twins waking up and losing the game.At least this year thier manager can't cry like a b**** about the coin flip for the home field for the one game playoff.I wonder what his excuse will be this year.:confused:

skyking26
10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Tigers don't have a chance. You DON'T send a 20 year old kid in a game like this to pitch. It's simple. NOT a Leland fan. No inspiration to fire up this lackluster club.

eagraham35
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
All this Twins hatin' going on...sounds like a White Sox fan!

sox83cubs84
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
All this Twins hatin' going on...sounds like a White Sox fan!

Not likely...White Sox fans engage in Cubs-bashing to the extent that many (maybe most) are more energized about dissing the Cubs than cheering for the Sox. During a homestand the year the Sox, Twins and Royals were contending, I wore a Twins jersey to a Sox-Twins game. I received ONE negative comment froma Sox fan, and that was all the way in the 7th inning. When the Royals came in to play, I wore a Cubs jersey to the Cell...I had over a dozen comments of the highly creative "CUBS SUCK"! variety and a few multi-syllable taunts before the National Anthem was played! Even when Steve Lyons interviewed Sox fans before Game 1 of the 2005 World Series, as many (if not more) took the opportunity to slam the Cubs than to speak negatively about the Astros. The only bloc of Sox fans who keep perspective on the Sox/Cubs rivalry that I've run into are memorabilia collectors.

Dave M.
Chicago area