PDA

View Full Version : How many things can you find wrong with this Pujols rookie jersey?

Birdbats
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Thought it would be fun to see how many things members could find wrong with this Pujols rookie jersey that just ended on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=280402832680&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1120

I contacted the seller while it was listed and explained the problems with his jersey. Even offered to help him get a refund. Yesterday, before it ended, he replied to my e-mail. He didn't acknowledge anything I pointed out; he simply asked, "Do you have a 2001 Pujols for sale?" I wrote back that I didn't and reiterated that his jersey had issues. No reply and no changes to the listing. It sold for $1,366.

Critique away!

schubert1970
10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll just state the obvious. No letter from Lou!

:)

dodgersfan
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
The 2" tag?
I think it's hard to tell but the stitching on the bottom looks sloppy also.

Rudy

Thought it would be fun to see how many things members could find wrong with this Pujols rookie jersey that just ended on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=280402832680&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1120

I contacted the seller while it was listed and explained the problems with his jersey. Even offered to help him get a refund. Yesterday, before it ended, he replied to my e-mail. He didn't acknowledge anything I pointed out; he simply asked, "Do you have a 2001 Pujols for sale?" I wrote back that I didn't and reiterated that his jersey had issues. No reply and no changes to the listing. It sold for $1,366.

Critique away!

murfsteve25
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm not experienced in jerseys so i'm looking forward to seeing everyones replys about this jersey, especially you Jeff.

Birdbats
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
The 2" tag is one of many problems... but far from the most obvious. Keep 'em coming.

allstarsplus
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Size tag 48 is wrong font. Custom tag is incorrect.

GarkoCollector
10-05-2009, 08:11 PM
The front font looks too small and the 5 either too large or too high up.

nickacs
10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't know anything about the jersey characteristics, but just to have a GF letter and "wanting" to put it in their auctions is enough for me to stay away.

Too bad the winning sucker, oh I mean winner, spent $1300 down the tubes :(

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
The "5" on the front of the jersey is the wrong font, and it's placed too far to the right.....should be closer to "centered" under the "a" in Cardinals".

I believe he started with a size "50", but not positive on that one.

The arch of "PUJOLS" on the nameplate is incorrect.

The nameplate is not in correct proportion to the "5" on the back....the "U" and "L" in "PUJOLS" should be placed further outside the top of the "5"

LastingsMilledge85
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
THe "Set 2 2001" tag looks funny.

rj_lucas
10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Not sure if Pujols' wore tails in 2001, but that seemed odd, especially with extra length.

Lettering on the back and the number on the front are the wrong type face.

The laugher is the bat. Guess it must be cupped -- that little line at the end of the barrel is just bizarre.

I swear, sometimes it seems like there are people who actually want to be ripped off.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Birdbats
10-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Many astute observations. Thanks for playing along.

For me, the killer is the birds on bat logo. Look at it closely. Notice the heads of the birds? The barrel end of the bat? The thickness of the letters? Now, look at a legit 2001 Cardinals jersey (photos on right). Not even close. I don't even recall retail jerseys looking like that.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/2001badPujolscomparison.jpg

Among the other problems: Wrong font for the 5 on front... wrong font for the NOB... the Rawlings/Authentic tag is too far from the side seam... the set flag is too high... it has tails/extra length (with an extra length tag). I'm sure I could find more problems if I examined the actual jersey and not just photos of it.

The better question might be, what's right with this jersey? Well, Pujols did wear a size 48 in 2001 after starting the season with a 46. Other than that...

shoremen44
10-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Jeff,
I was wondering how long you were going to let everyone guess...

lol

rj_lucas
10-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Based on the thickness of those letters and the size of the birds' heads, that jersey is clearly on steroids.

Sorry, couldn't resist taking a swipe at the haters :D

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com