10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Well, at least Miguel Cabrera has asked to wear one on Tuesday. :D

chakes89
10-05-2009, 03:51 PM
HILARIOUS!

Gotta love drunken, domestic disturbences! :eek: :rolleyes:

Vintagedeputy
10-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I just laughed so hard that I think I peed a little.

skyking26
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, at least Miguel Cabrera has asked to wear one on Tuesday. :D
I don't get it...........

earlywynnfan
10-05-2009, 07:46 PM

It's a plain white muscle shirt, otherwise known as a "wife-beater." Favored by rednecks and COPS alumnae everywhere.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

allstarsplus
10-05-2009, 08:13 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4532687

The sleeveless tshirt has the nickname "wifebeaters".....

skyking26
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
My son goes to school with a Cabrera shirt on several times a week. 6th grade. I'm not going to show him that article of that loser. You are in the fight of your life to take Central and you are out partying, come home drunk and tussle with wife. Your GM has to bail your ass out of jail. What a pathetic bunch of clowns we have going to MN Tuesday. Happy Birthday to me. And to think I'll watch it.:(

At least MN players play like they want to win. I feel embarrassed to say I am from the Detroit area right now.

kirkb
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
He needs counseling, hopefully will accept it. Unbelievably irresponsible. He goes 0-8 in those 2 key games. Many at bats with runners in scoring position. Might very well have cost the Tigers the pennant. Who drove him home at .26??? Him?

skyking26
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
He needs counseling, hopefully will accept it. Unbelievably irresponsible. He goes 0-8 in those 2 key games. Many at bats with runners in scoring position. Might very well have cost the Tigers the pennant. Who drove him home at .26??? Him?
Dave Dombrowski the Tigers GM drove him home from the police station...

I agree with you, he may have cost them the pennant. For somebody who is supposed to be the cornerstone of their team, what a thoughtless and irresponsible representative. For all the Tigers fans on here, they must agree with my statements as I never hear any rebuttle.....................

It will be over tonight. I have a bad feeling how this will go.

mbrieve
10-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Dave Dombrowski the Tigers GM drove him home from the police station...

I agree with you, he may have cost them the pennant. For somebody who is supposed to be the cornerstone of their team, what a thoughtless and irresponsible representative. For all the Tigers fans on here, they must agree with my statements as I never hear any rebuttle.....................

It will be over tonight. I have a bad feeling how this will go.
I completely agree. This is very embarrassing and Cabrera lost me as a fan.

vdsporty25
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I completely agree. This is very embarrassing and Cabrera lost me as a fan.

Being a Tiger fan this news was very sad to hear. However this are so many things that lead up to this collapse that will end up happening by the end of the night.

I was there on Thursday hoping to see the first division championship since 1987....However Leyland had other ideas. He ultimately gave our hottest hitter the past two weeks a day off....Polanco. He also decides to have Marcus "can't hit a breaking ball" Thames in the lineup instead of the far superior defender and overall better baseball player Ryan Rayburn. This stretch of games has been a complete joke and the lack of overall baseball fundamentals and work ethic shown by the Tigers and is a slap in the face to the people who walk through the gates everyday to watch them play a GAME!!

The Twins play the game the right way and they bust their butts on every single play....and if they don't they are sitting next to the skip on the bench.

Miguel Cabrera and a select few of the other Tigers who some call "stars" on this team show no heart, class, character or desire to win. And all of this comes straight from the top with the GM on down.....

staindsox
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
...and now he's giving Scott Baker a beating.

frikativ54
10-06-2009, 09:47 PM
My son goes to school with a Cabrera shirt on several times a week. 6th grade. I'm not going to show him that article of that loser.

Having been in sixth grade not all that long ago, I would urge you to be honest about Miguel Cabrera's actions. I am a firm believer that people should recognize that their heroes are human beings, who make mistakes and have character flaws. It's so important for kids to understand that their sports heroes are flawed; else they will go through life having unrealistic standards for athletes, not to mention other people. As baseball players cut across all segments of society, it's inevitable that there will be players who engage in domestic violence. While it isn't pretty, it's the reality of the world we live in.

skyking26
10-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Being a Tiger fan this news was very sad to hear. However this are so many things that lead up to this collapse that will end up happening by the end of the night.

I was there on Thursday hoping to see the first division championship since 1987....However Leyland had other ideas. He ultimately gave our hottest hitter the past two weeks a day off....Polanco. He also decides to have Marcus "can't hit a breaking ball" Thames in the lineup instead of the far superior defender and overall better baseball player Ryan Rayburn. This stretch of games has been a complete joke and the lack of overall baseball fundamentals and work ethic shown by the Tigers and is a slap in the face to the people who walk through the gates everyday to watch them play a GAME!!

The Twins play the game the right way and they bust their butts on every single play....and if they don't they are sitting next to the skip on the bench.

Miguel Cabrera and a select few of the other Tigers who some call "stars" on this team show no heart, class, character or desire to win. And all of this comes straight from the top with the GM on down.....
Very well said. Ownership needs to make heads roll now... This collapse is a slap in the face to the fans of Detroit. Leland has no motivational skills. As stated, the Twins showed it all: heart, desire, ability. I doubt they'll get by NY, but they are more deserving than Detroit ever thought of being.