PDA

View Full Version : What say you now, Favre haters?

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 10:06 PM
As I sit here watching Brett Favre make minchmeat out of the team that dissed him, I was wondering what reasoning and comments will be coming from the Favre haters. There is only 10 minutes left in the game, and it's already over.

I mean, Rogers is really having a good game. He is sharp. He's fired up. He's pretty darn motivated. He's accurate. He's what the Packers wanted.

And he's also a freaking LOOOOOOOOOzer when he goes up against the legend Favre. The rookie never had a chance, and will NEVER be a Farve. You know, haters, the one who is all but DEAD.....FINISHED......OVER THE HILL.......and all that other crap.

So, give it your best shot, haters. I really want to hear all the crap about "wait until we're in week 11......see where the Vikings are THEN!" Hell, by then, the'll have already wrapped up a playoff spot.

Good luck.

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Steve-

My comments on your post. Please don't knock Rodgers. He's a local guy in my area and I'm a fan of him. I'm not offended, just giving you friendly, teasing feedbackso please don't take it the wrong way. He could end up being great like Favre. I'm not saying he will be him or better, but he could get close. He's still young. It might not be likely but it could happen. I think Favre is amazing. He's exciting to watch. I hate to say it because of his damn comeback last week against my 49ers, but hey. I tip my hat to him. I'm not a hater. I just hate that he can't make up his mind wether to retire or not. He's proven time and time again that he still has it. I just hate the whole charade of him not knowing wether to call it quits or not. It annoyed me when Michael Jordan did it, it annoys me with Farve doing it. It will annoy me when the next player does it. Just make up your mind and stick to it is all I have to say. He's a great guy off the field, and on the field. I just wish he'd pick one and "just do it".

Aaron

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Aaron,

I hope you know I am not taking cheaps shots at Aaron.

I, along with a few other posters here, expressed our feelings that some here were being extra "disrespectful" to Brett Favre. I'm simply just having a bit of fun with taking a shot or two back at the Favre detractors.

Aaron Rodgers IS a good quarterback. But I think it's now becoming a bit evident that the Packers themselves may have been the reaosn Brett Favre couldn't win a second Super Bowl. Rodgers is taking a pounding tonight......just like Favre would be if he were behind the center.

In any case, I think it's obvious Brett isn't finished. Like Elway, maybe, just maybe he's gonna give us all his best......last.

My only other last comment about Aaron Rodgers is......he made a rookie mistake (rookie being a figure of speech.....I know he's been around for years)......He came out and publicly expressed his desire to kick the butts of the Vikings "and Favre". BIG mistake. He should have stayed humble. Now he has to live with that until they meet again later this season. And if the Vikes take that one too, then he'll just look foolish.

We'll see.

3arod13
10-05-2009, 10:47 PM
For those of you who are true football fans, after watching Farve tonight, you have to appreciate what an awesome QB he is.

For those of you who don't, you're just straight up Favre haters.

What an awesome game!

whatupyos
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Steve,

I got ya buddy. I was trying to have fun with it too. But, being that its typed over the internet, I wanted to preface it so that it wouldn't get misunderstood. Its hard to tell on here if person A is kidding with person B sometimes. But you're right, I didn't hear Rodgers comments but its way better to be humble. Otherwise, you look like an arse. Too bad Favre didn't sign with my 49ers! I wish we had a QB of that caliber. I like Hill, but he's not Comeback Kid. It'll be fun to see what others think. I just wanted to chime in with my .02.

Aaron

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
And the legend grows......

Brett Farve has now defeated every team in the NFL.

sportscrazy13
10-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I love watching Favre play, just like I loved watching Jordan.

suicide_squeeze
10-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Geez......Did I REALLY just mispell his last name?:o

3arod13
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
If you watched the end of the game, both viking and packer players congratulated each other.

If you watched Brett Favre's interview following the game, he praised the Packers, including their QB.

If Brett Favre can show that kind of class, then maybe some of you Favre haters can do the same.

As a Viking fan, I hated Farve because he was a Packer and in our division. But even as a Viking fan, I always said, what a great QB and I wish he had him on our team.

Well, we finally do, and I'm one happy Viking fan!

LastingsMilledge85
10-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Let's ask Eugene Wilson on how classy Favre is.

LastingsMilledge85
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Or the New York Jets for that matter after that stunt he pulled with the injury report. The bottom line is that tonight he came to play, and rose th the occasion. However, he is nothing, but a phony.

lehmsbobby
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Lets go vikes!

Super Bowl Baby!

TriplexXxSports
10-06-2009, 06:30 AM
I AM A FAVRE HATER! Always Have Been, Always Will Be!

3arod13
10-06-2009, 06:48 AM
I AM A FAVRE HATER! Always Have Been, Always Will Be!

Originally Posted by 3arod13 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=157364#post157364)
TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_154212", true);

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION!! - FARVE IS COMING BACK AS A VIKING!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArzQsqY.wFxfJK8ZRfM4RAM5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns)

You are definitely high now. The vike will be lucky, and I mean LUCKY to hit 8-8 this year. Look at the schedule -

Browns - WIN (WIN)
Lions - WIN (WIN)
49ers - LOSS (WIN)
Gay Bay - LOSS (WIN) - Enough said!
Rams - WIN
Ravens - LOSS
Steelers - LOSS
Gay Bay - LOSS
Detroit - WIN(?)
Seattle - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cards - LOSS
Bengals - WIN
Panthers - WIN(?)
Bears - LOSS
Giants - LOSS

Good Luck!

Buy all-in-all Good F-in' riddance to Brett Fav-re!

mvandor
10-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Heck of a performance. His arm looks as good as ever and on a day the opponent stopped Peterson, he gave them the passing game they needed. With Jared Allen on the D, this team is a legit contender.

sox83cubs84
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Last night was the first time in my life i ever rooted for the Packers. Too bad it was all :( for naught.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Tay1038
10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
As a Vikes fan, Hell Yes! I'm all about the Pack-Smack talk... Bring it on!

I love to hear what you Favre bashers have to say now about him being washed up. The man controls the game! Great sportmanship, that's why he's an Icon!

On the bright side for Pack fans, Rodgers is a damn good QB! Give him some O-line, watch out. Both teams played good, Vikes had the edge with a strong defense and F-A-V-R-E.. I smell Superbowl if OUR drama-queen QB stays healthy! Go Brett!

Tay1038
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh almost forgot... To all you Packer fans... SUCK IT!

TNTtoys
10-06-2009, 01:47 PM
As I sit here watching Brett Favre make minchmeat out of the team that dissed him

Are we on the same planet? He strung THEM along for a ride that included his retirement, un-retirement, re-retirement. The Pack got bold and finally told him that enough is enough. They cannot leave the career of Aaron Rodgers on hold indefinitely and demote him every time Brett has an inclination of returning. It is not fair on him; it's not fair on the organization. Yes, he is a great quarterback, and one of the best of our time, but you seriously need to get your story straight about what happened in Green Bay...

otismalibu
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
It would be interesting to hang out in the Twin Cities for a few weeks and get the vibe of the fans. I lived there for 5 years (back in the 90s) and the Vikings fans always seemed to be waiting for the wheels to fall off. One year they started something like 8-0 and fans were still bitching. I guess they've been burned too many times.

Always liked Favre, but if you look at his post season numbers over the last few years, they're aren't that great. I think ESPN had a break down a couple years back.

He still has the gun and can make the throws. But when January rolls around and he's playing a top notch defense that might be able to stop the run...maybe outdoors...maybe under pressure...maybe on the road...will he still try to squeeze that perfect pass in there? Probably. We'll see how it plays out.

reed1216
10-08-2009, 03:10 AM
It's so tough for an organization to manage a situation like the one Favre and the Packers were in toward the end of his time as a Packer. I'm a huge Bears fan, but to me, Favre has been the Magic Johnson of the NFL. On the field he's the ideal leader. His enthusiasm is contageous and when you combine that with the level of talent he has, it's been hard for me to dislike him.

I also agree with those who have suggested that Favre was stringing the Packers along with the retirement/unretirement talks that went on for the last 2 or 3 years of his time with Green Bay. In retrospect, even with Favre's early season success this year, I actually think the Packers did the right thing by letting him go in favor of Rodgers. From what I have gathered, Favre wasn't exactly helping Rodgers develop and had the Packers not cut ties with Favre, I believe it may have stagnated Rodgers' development as a QB.

When it's all said and done, let's say 10 years from now, I think people will reflect on Favre's career as one of the most interesting ones ever. If he wins the Superbowl as a Viking (and after watching the MNF game, they look like legit contenders) his legacy will reach a level that will be on par with the likes of Ruth and Jordan, if not greater. The thing is, the Vikings really look like they're for real. That D-line is as dominant as any I've seen in years. Three out of the four starters on the D-line are either on their way to the HOF, or they're making a very strong case for themselves when the time comes. They have the best RB in the game and their O-line is more than solid, provided Hutchinson stays healthy. Of all the teams in the NFL, I can't think of a better fit for Favre than the Vikings, at this stage of his career.

I hated it when the Knicks allowed Patrick Ewing to become a Sonic. However, looking at his production as a player in Seattle and later on, Orlando, it was the right move for the Knicks to have made. The differences are that Favre can still play at a Pro Bowl level and Ewing was, at best, a below average NBA center after leaving the Knicks. Plus, the Knicks didn't have an heir apparent for Ewing and the Packers obviously had Rodgers. I really think that if Favre was still a Packer, he wouldn't be having the type of season he is enjoying. Rodgers has taken a pretty brutal beating this year. At Favre's age, I can't see how he'd survive more than a couple of games behind the Packers line, even with his impressive history of durablity.

With all that said, I never would have projected Rodgers as being as good as he's become. I'm sure most of you remember how far he slipped in the draft and after he was chosen by Green Bay, he suffered from several injuries, including a broken leg. After all the injuries, I kind of wrote Rodgers off as an overated college QB from the same school that produced Kyle Boller, only Rodgers appeared to me to be an injury prone version of Boller. The Packers must have known a lot more than I did, because he's become a darn good player and I bet he'll make many trips to the Pro Bowl before he calls it a career.

Now that Brett's a Viking, what would have been an exciting NFL season has become must see drama from week to week. As far as I'm concerned that's great for the NFL and it's fans, regardless of one's personal feelings toward Favre.