X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perlman9
    • Dec 2007

Steiner a class act!

Steiner just finished their auction and for some reason had two of each jersey listed. Although it seemed odd, I thought the jerseys could have been worn for a half each (like basketball) so bid and won a Courtney Brown. As it turned out, it was a mistake and I got an email right away letting me know the jersey I won was not available and to send a list of others I may be interested in. I am not getting a Flozell Adams (I am a big MSU fan) game issued in replacement and just want to say how quick and effortless it was to get the issue resolved.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but I think a big kudos should go out to Steiner for handling their mistake properly and promptly.

Jason
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org
  • short84
    • Dec 2008

Re: Steiner a class act!

I got the same run around. I contacted Ben Cohen September 29 to verify that a particular lot was available and in the same message to him told him about the numerous duplicate listings. I got a reply that verified which listing was the "correct one" so that when I placed my bid I would be sure to purchase the item I wanted. Yesterday, I received a email message that confirmed my order and that it would be shipped as soon as possible. Today I received an email message from Ben Cohen that stated my item was no longer available because it had been "damaged". I replied that we had a legal contract and I wanted the item anyway. This is the reply I received:
    I know it’s not an excuse but I was victimized by an inventory error. Inventory showed that the jersey was available, unfortunately it is not available. We had lots of problems with incorrect stock and I was authorized to go as far as I can to accommodate a customer for a replacement item.
    Even though I contact them to verify the availablility of an item and bid on it in good faith, I also got the same "it's not my fault answer and let me send you something else". I am a little peeved at this company right now because I went out of my way to purchase an item I really wanted for my collection. In order to cover the cost of this item, I sold items from my personal collection that I would have not parted with if I had known this company had such shoddy business practices. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth.......
    SusieQ

Comment

• short84
      • Dec 2008

Sorry, but I don't understand why you are giving kudos to Steiner. The jersey you bid on and won wasn't available and you are not getting a Flozell Adams replacement. Maybe I am not understanding what you wrote but I am not happy with how things have gone -- I didn't get a list of items to select from -- I was given only one choice. I am especially not happy because I notified them on September 29 that they had a problem with their listings and they did nothing about it. I wonder how many other people placed bids in good faith only to receive a message informing them that the item they won was not available. I am glad you feel you got treated well, but I felt like more could have been done to prevent the whole misunderstanding. SusieQ

Comment

• intheminors
        • Jul 2006

I had a conversation with my former rep at Steiner a few months back and asked to take me off the e-mail list until he figured out my issue.

Needlesstosay, I am still on the e-mail list (with two different reps) and have not heard from him as far as an explanation. I truly miss Bob Malandro.

Kyle

Comment

• 5kRunner
          • Aug 2007

I'm confused.

Did they offer you a refund?

You bid on a Game USED/WORN jersey and are receiving a Game ISSUED jersey. Is that right?

I'd be curious to know if somehow the lower of the two auctions was the "error".
          SCOTT
          scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
          sigpic

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
            • Dec 2008

Well, gang.......just STAND BY.......they're now connected to Grey Flannel, kinda like in the same manner a hemmorrhoid is connected to one's rectum......and things are sure to improve soon!

Comment

• Number9
              • Mar 2006

Nice Shane Spencer helmet, even though he was a right handed hitter he liked to wear a helmet for a left-handed hitter right??? that way he was protected if a ball bounced off the backstop toward his head? huh??? NOT!

Typical of why you can't put too much stock in steiner stickers and LOAs. The ebay seller points out its may have been another player but Steiner just says it is a Spencer helmet. I am sure they will fall back on 'that is what the Yankees told us' like they always do but if you are going to issue an LOA on something you should at least find out if he is a right-handed or left-handed hitter.

One more suggestion, ignore LOAs and stickers and stamps and do your research.

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Number9
                Nice Shane Spencer helmet, even though he was a right handed hitter he liked to wear a helmet for a left-handed hitter right??? that way he was protected if a ball bounced off the backstop toward his head? huh??? NOT!

Typical of why you can't put too much stock in steiner stickers and LOAs. The ebay seller points out its may have been another player but Steiner just says it is a Spencer helmet. I am sure they will fall back on 'that is what the Yankees told us' like they always do but if you are going to issue an LOA on something you should at least find out if he is a right-handed or left-handed hitter.

One more suggestion, ignore LOAs and stickers and stamps and do your research.

There was a day when we had laws against such flagrant misrepresentation. But you change a few politicians, and everything just goes to hell. My, how things have changed.......I yearn for the good old days again......
                Attached Files

Comment

• reed1216
                  • Feb 2007

suicide_squeeze- I think you must have posted the wrong photo, below your post. When I think of the "good ole days" images such as selling lemonade on a street corner and playing little league baseball come to mind.

When I think of George W. Bush, all that comes to mind is, thank goodness we have survived as a nation, after being led by an intellectually challenged, morally deficient and completely incompetant clown for 8 of the last 9 years. Those 8 years don't represent the "good ole days" to me, by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

• jkalathas
                    • Dec 2007

What the hell do your political beliefs have to do with game used collecting, take your political rants somewhere else.

Comment

• cjclong
                      • Feb 2006

I agree. I have political opinions but I don't express them here. Its not fair to those of us who keep politics off this site for others to continue to force their views on the rest of us. There are plenty of letters to the editor section in newspapers and political blogs where you can talk about politics to your hearts content. I have some very strong political views but I don't express them here. Lets keep this on sports and collecting. Please.

Comment

• perlman9
                        • Dec 2007

I was not given a list to choose from, but was asked to send a list of what I would like in exchange. I won a game-used Courtney Brown jersey for $60 and really just bid on like 5 jerseys for no more than $60 each just to see if I could luck into an inexpensive jersey. I won it but got the email it wasn't available. I sent an email saying I am a Michigan State fan and was offered the Flozell Adams issued jersey. I think the $60 is a fair price for that so was happy with the transaction. I probably could have put up a fuss but figured I added a MSU player to the collection for a good price so, for me, was happy with the transaction. I would say if I bought an expensive item, I don't think there would be much they could do to make up for it as was said earlier, some people sell items to pay for a higher-priced item and for that, there should be something done. But for me, I thought it was handled fine and was happy with what I got in return for the $60. I hope those who had bigger issues that a Courtney Brown get it figured out. I will also say, since there were two of each jersey listed, I am sure they took the higher price rather than the "correct listing" so can see where someone could take exception to that.

So I just want to say, my experience and what I got in return, was fine for me, but am sure each person's experience, as with any seller, can vary. I just wanted to share my experience and hope those that are having a more difficult experience can get something worked out!
                        Jason Perlman
                        jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• skipcarayislegend
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by reed1216
                          When I think of George W. Bush, all that comes to mind is, thank goodness we have survived as a nation, after being led by an intellectually challenged, morally deficient and completely incompetant clown for 8 of the last 9 years. Those 8 years don't represent the "good ole days" to me, by any stretch of the imagination.
                          How in the world do these comments relate to the original topic? Statements like the ones above have no place here, imo.

Comment

• 5kRunner
                            • Aug 2007

Perl,
                            Glad you are happy. In the end, that is all that matters.

In my head, I was thinking of a higher figure than $60. So, you were right. You did well. Glad they made you happy.
                            SCOTT
                            scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                            sigpic

Comment

• BergerKing22784
                              • Jul 2007

I had a very simliar act happen to me with Steiner and because of it I really do not trust them whatsoever.... As you can tell from my screen name my last name is Berger so I love to find anything game used of players named Berger... I am also a Cowboys fan.. Joe Berger was the backup center for the Cowboys for a couple seasons and to be honest I dont think he actually took a snap in a game for those couple years...

Anyway they had the Thanks Giving day game used jerseys for sale via auction and I paid like 150 for it. I did not get the jersey they sent a different player. I looked and they were now auctioning it off for cheaper and I emailed them and was like hey you guys are auctioning of MY jersey that I already bought. I got an email back saying it wasny MY jersey they were selling. I find it hard to believe that Joe Berger someone who doesnt even play wore 2 jerseys in that game. I finally got my jersey after they corrected it but I have trouble swallowing that he actually wore this jersey on the sideline considering there were multiples of the same jersey for auction on their site from the same game... I doubt someone who never plays had a reason to wear 2 or 3 of the same jersey...

This process took nearly a month and a half to get my correct jersey!

Joe Berger is now with the Dolphins I hope Steiner doesnt have rights to their jerseys as I would love to get his jersey from the Dolphins also.

Comment

Working...