PDA

View Full Version : TROY TULOWITZKI gu bat ebay

gameu08
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TROY-TULOWITZKI-GAME-USED-UNCRACKED-BAT-ROCKIES_W0QQitemZ330366389150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4ceb5f0b9e

does tulo generally tape his bats any thoughts on this would be helpful thank you

gameu08
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
going through some pics on getty Im going to say he does but still a little unsure

apfriz
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I watched the Phils take it to the Rockies this past weekend, and every Tulo came up, I kept saying to myself, 'i cant believe how much pine tar this guy is using'

Until his last at bat, he had this blonde bat with hardly ANYTHING that i could notice....very strange, so I felt compelled to look further as
I too, wanted to see for myself on getty images, and i could not conclude with absolute certainty either, whether the ebay bat was a 'custom' tape job.....in my opinion, the majority of the pics that i saw, the guy loves pine tar, and i dont see all that much of custom tape jobs, e.g, Jim Thome, unmistakable.

Good images on getty...look last nights' game, good shots of both bats, and check out Aug 30..good shot, dont look like he is using tape. and look at Aug 24, could pass as taped, but again, look at all the pine tar!!....and the aug 16 frames....same thing, dont look anything like the ebay bat....

I collect Phillies bats, and if Tulo were on the fightin' Phils, i wouldnt buy it......

anthony