X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beantown
    • Nov 2005

Fred Lynn Orioles - Photo Match?

I've been trying to photo match my newly accquired Fred Lynn Orioles Gamer from 1985...tough to find good photos of Fred from his Orioles days! I found this one in a Orioles yearbook...is this a photo match???

Also note the arch on the lower part of the nameplate...starts low under the "L" and more material appears under the two "N's"...
    Attached Files
  • momen55
    • Aug 2006

Re: Fred Lynn Orioles - Photo Match?

not the same.

Comment

• beantown
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by momen55
      not the same.

Wow, very insightful response....

Comment

• spartakid
        • Oct 2008

Doesn't appear to be amtch, the only thread i can really see in the pic is halfway up thr "Y" and yours doesn't have it. Ricardo
        Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• otismalibu
          • Nov 2005

Who knows if that's a thread or a print flaw.

It's possible, but you'd need a better shot of the plate. The way the two layers of twill don't run parallel on the bottoms of the Ns would be something to compare if you had a better, straight on shot. The part of the N you circled looks like it could be, but you'd need a better photo.

And, technically, wouldn't you need to compare the numbers too? I'm not a baseball guy...would there be a chance that a plate would be used on 2 jerseys?
          Greg
          DrJStuff.com

Comment

• beantown
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
            Who knows if that's a thread or a print flaw.

It's possible, but you'd need a better shot of the plate. The way the two layers of twill don't run parallel on the bottoms of the Ns would be something to compare if you had a better, straight on shot. The part of the N you circled looks like it could be, but you'd need a better photo.

And, technically, wouldn't you need to compare the numbers too? I'm not a baseball guy...would there be a chance that a plate would be used on 2 jerseys?

Greg,

Hello...I agree that another shot of the nameplate would be helpful, but I can't seem to find any...I know the angle is off, but I feel that the "N" is a match.

I agree about the #'s too, but unfortunatley this photo doesn't show the rear #'s well enough....I'm not sure what you mean when you say there's a chance the plate would be used on two different jerseys?

Comment

• otismalibu
              • Nov 2005

I'm not sure what you mean when you say there's a chance the plate would be used on two different jerseys?
              I simply meant that I suppose it's not entirely impossible that a nameplate could be used on 2 jerseys. So even if you had a match on the nameplate, you'd still need to match the actual jersey. But maybe that's highly unlikely...not a baseball jersey guy.
              Greg
              DrJStuff.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by beantown
                Wow, very insightful response....
                You asked one question, he gave you a response.....why the sarcasm?

Comment

• beantown
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                  You asked one question, he gave you a response.....why the sarcasm?
                  How about an articulate response on why he thought it wasn't a match...

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                    • Oct 2005

How about an articulate response on why he thought it wasn't a match...
                    In looking at the pics, I can't see why you'd need anything further than what he gave you.

There is nothing even remotely close in linking those 2 pics to call it a match. The circles you drew show nothing specific nor do they match anything on the jersey in question, aside from a very basic style match.

Comment

• beantown
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                      In looking at the pics, I can't see why you'd need anything further than what he gave you.

There is nothing even remotely close in linking those 2 pics to call it a match. The circles you drew show nothing specific nor do they match anything on the jersey in question, aside from a very basic style match.
                      For you to say that they're "not remotely close" is absolutely ridiculous...you have zero credibility with that statement…

Comment

• mbenga28
                        • Nov 2008

I agree, the distance from the bottom of the nameplate to the top of the numbering looks more in your jersey than the photo.

Comment

• mbenga28
                          • Nov 2008

also the "Y" in the photo looks much thicker than that on your jersey, do you thinkg?

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                            • Oct 2005

For you to say that they're "not remotely close" is absolutely ridiculous...you have zero credibility with that statement…
                            Look, let me break my response down for you, since you seem to have taken umbrage at it.

When people post a possible photo match, its because there are things in common between the 2 examples that are so close that a reasonable person will sit and examine the 2 to either further prove or disprove the possible relationship.

Your 2 photos show absolutely nothing past a style match. Your drawn circles match up to nothing that the reader could remotely even consider to be a photo match. That is why momen looked and replied not a match - because the response didn't need to progress further than that. There is nothing even remotely close that would identify your jersey as the one in the photo. The circles you drew correspond to nothing that can be seen in the photo, so at best all you have is a style match.

Comment

• beantown
                              • Nov 2005

When people post a possible photo match, its because there are things in common between the 2 examples that are so close that a reasonable person will sit and examine the 2 to either further prove or disprove the possible relationship.
                              There is nothing in common with the jersey and the photo I posted...are you kidding me?

Your 2 photos show absolutely nothing past a style match. Your drawn circles match up to nothing that the reader could remotely even consider to be a photo match.
                              You'll say I have a "style match" but the photo evidence is so conclusive in your mind that you'll say I don't have a "photo match"...how can you definitvley make that statment???

With the poor clarity/angle of the photo, I don't think it can be proven either way.

You don't think there is a striking similarity between the first "N's" in the nameplate and the uniqueness of the angle in the bottom portion of that “N”?

Thre is nothing even remotely close that would identify your jersey as the one in the photo. The circles you drew correspond to nothing that can be seen in the photo, so at best all you have is a style match.
                              How can you say there is “nothing remotely” close? Look at the stitching on the orange twill...it appears to stop and start in the same locations...that’s not remotely close?

Your user is "Vintage Deputy"...if you work in law enforcement, I hope you have a desk job or you're retired...I wouldn't want you conducting investigations or testifying in court being that narrow minded....

Comment

Working...