PDA

View Full Version : Walmart selling game used?

skipcarayislegend
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
How long has this been going on? It appears to be an Amazon-like model with outside retailers owning much of what's listed.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=96_0&ref=&tab_value=221_All&search_query=game+used&search_constraint=4125

joelsabi
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
theres another thread on this. no game used. more like 8 by 10 plaques and autograph items.

skipcarayislegend
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
theres another thread on this. no game used. more like 8 by 10 plaques and autograph items.

Look again, there's a number of g/u items.

suave1477
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Skip yeah they started doing this a while ago. There is another thread on this somewherer on the forum. But I do know they listed a few game used items but mostly autographed stuff

TNTtoys
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I see a prevalent theme with the game used items being offered...

Chicago Bears
Chicago Bulls
Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox

skipcarayislegend
10-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Somehow I missed that thread! Just now found it. Yeah, that Pro Team company looks to be the main dealer. Lotsa solid bargains there. :rolleyes:

WadeInBmore
10-09-2009, 11:26 AM
WOW! Check out those prices :D If Walmart sold my stuff I'd make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade

ironmanfan
10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
WOW! Check out those prices :D If Walmart sold my stuff I'd make a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade

something tells me that Walmart has a bit more overhead than you do

34swtns
10-09-2009, 12:07 PM
$8500 for an Urlacher gamer.....seriously?:rolleyes:

joelsabi
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Look again, there's a number of g/u items.

i see what you are saying

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12407161

if its online why not? no different amazon.com selling game used equipment.

CampWest
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I think a lot of it is Mounted Memories, Upper Deck Authenticated, and maybe Steiner... I thought at one point it was all Wal Mart inventory, not a pass-through/drop-ship arrangement, but maybe so.

Funny story... Before I ever heard of Wal Mart selling GU... I had a dream that I walked into my local Wal Mart or Sams Club and there was a huge bin of game used bats - dirt cheap... George Brett gamer for $74.98... Gwynn for $62.98... Brooks Robinson for like $24.98... So I grabbed them all up, but didnt have my wallet. Asked to have them held by customer service, when I came back an hour later they said they were mispriced and wouldnt sell them to me. Anyhow, the next morning I got on their website and saw they actually did sell them, to my surprise. Unfortunately none of the guys I collect, much less at that good of a price.

Neely8
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I'd like to know who set the prices for the game used stuff? They are utterly ridiculous!

shoremen44
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
just so you guys know it is not actually wall-mart... it is a third party paying them to show pieces on their site...

Recently my company had some of our products show up on Wall Mart's site...

Our products are pretty expensive and we have a great distribution network, and we did not want them Wall Mart's site with 99 cent deoderant...

We found out that it was a third party using the site to sell stuff they were buying from a distributor... thus the high prices... Steiner (for example) is selling someone who is using the site... markup... markup... markup

...my companies products are no longer on there...

suave1477
10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
just so you guys know it is not actually wall-mart... it is a third party paying them to show pieces on their site...

Recently my company had some of our products show up on Wall Mart's site...

Our products are pretty expensive and we have a great distribution network, and we did not want them Wall Mart's site with 99 cent deoderant...

We found out that it was a third party using the site to sell stuff they were buying from a distributor... thus the high prices... Steiner (for example) is selling someone who is using the site... markup... markup... markup

...my companies products are no longer on there...

Shoremen that actually could be used as a good marketing tool for selling the AROD jockstrap on the WalMart site. List the Jockstrap right next to the deoderant listing lol lol:D :D

Blitzmaster
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Prices are high, but they have some good stuff like this Urlacher. I didn't know they were selling this stuff....Crazy!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brian-Urlacher-Chicago-Bears-Autographed-Game-Used-Reebok-Jersey-with-GU-08-Inscription/13448126

CampWest
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
there are some answers in here.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=29637&highlight=wal+mart