PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Toronto Blue jays Gamer??? #54 Rhodes please help!!!

jersey
10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
i have come across a 1991 jays jersey that has all the proper tagging

it is #54 which in that year was worn by Randy Knorr

the jersey i have reads "Rhodes" on the back

was Rhodes a member of the coaching staff or preseason player???

it is made by wilson

size 46

54 91 2 is below the wilson tagging

please help!!!

kingjammy24
10-09-2009, 09:47 PM
knorr was called up in sept 1991. pretty late in the season.

there is no record of a "rhodes" as a player or coach on any jays regular season rosters.

the jersey was made for ricky rhodes. rhodes was originally drafted in the '87 amateur entry draft by the yankees. in 1990, the jays took from the AAA columbus clippers (yankees) in the rule 5 draft. in the spring of 1991, the jays thought they had something in rhodes and my guess is that they had a jersey made up for him as they thought he might make their major league club that season. apparently it was not to be as they returned rhodes to the yankees on march 29, 1991 hence he never made the major league club. rhodes never made the major leagues. he spent 4 seasons in the minors and then called it quits.

rudy.

jersey
10-09-2009, 09:53 PM
wow! thanks you so much!

how did u ever know that???

that would explain why the jersey is in such good shape

cjw
10-10-2009, 03:55 AM
knorr was called up in sept 1991. pretty late in the season.

there is no record of a "rhodes" as a player or coach on any jays regular season rosters.

the jersey was made for ricky rhodes. rhodes was originally drafted in the '87 amateur entry draft by the yankees. in 1990, the jays took from the AAA columbus clippers (yankees) in the rule 5 draft. in the spring of 1991, the jays thought they had something in rhodes and my guess is that they had a jersey made up for him as they thought he might make their major league club that season. apparently it was not to be as they returned rhodes to the yankees on march 29, 1991 hence he never made the major league club. rhodes never made the major leagues. he spent 4 seasons in the minors and then called it quits.

rudy.

Rudy...nice dig up! With that solved, could I impose on you for your feedback on these?

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=27962

Thanks is advance! chris