PDA

View Full Version : Rare Japanese Bat - Yoshinobu

jgperro
10-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I recieved this bat from White Sox farmhand Christian Marrero. I told him it was cool, he said he'd never use it, and gave it to me. It wasn't until after the season that I did a little research on it and realized how cool it really was. I don't know how Marrero got his hands on it or even who used it. It's one of a kind.

It's a SSK Yoshinobu bat. It's natural in color and appears to be ash. It has the SSK Logo. Between the SSK logo and the name it has a Japanese logo that appears to says "!NPB" with "C-009" underneath. The name portion of the bat says "Pro League Champ" with "Yoshinobu 24" in smaller letters beneath.

Yoshinobu Takahashi is the right fielder for the Yomiuri Giants and is apparently one of the best known players in Japan. He's won 7 Gold Gloves and was an All Star between 1997 and 2003. He's consistantly been among the league leaders in many offensive categories and holds career Japanese college home run record.

Yoshinobu represented Japan in the 2004 Olympics. If I had to guesstimate, I'd say he is the Japanese equivalent a Rick Ankiel, Aaron Rowand, or maybe Carlos Lee type player.

If I could ever find my stupid camera I could post some pictures. Email me if you're interested and I could send you some pics with my camera phone.

I'm gonna guess the price for this bat should maybe be around $150. I am very willing to negotiate that price and take the best offer. Trades are also excepted.

jgperro
10-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I keep forgetting to add my email address..... JGPerro@yahoo.com.

jgperro
10-10-2009, 04:01 PM
The bat has been dealt to Kyle Smith. Thank you for all who were interested.

JP