PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez HR 562 bat Ebay

Rboitano
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I did some research on this bat, take a look at the knob in the photo of Arod hitting the homerun on June 13, it clearly has the new LVS stampings on the knob. Now look at the bat in the ebay auction, it does not have the stampings on the knob. I wonder if any of these Arod HR bats are really the bats that hit the HR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-HOME-RUN-BAT-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ290356522913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439a98efa1

http://uspresswire.com/image/3752113

Bondsgloves
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow, makes you not want to touch any ARod inscribed items. First Tony's bat was proved that it wasn't as signed and now another example of a misinscribed item.

joelsabi
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
I did some research on this bat, take a look at the knob in the photo of Arod hitting the homerun on June 13, it clearly has the new LVS stampings on the knob. Now look at the bat in the ebay auction, it does not have the stampings on the knob. I wonder if any of these Arod HR bats are really the bats that hit the HR.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-HOME-RUN-BAT-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ290356522913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439a98efa1

this bat has a MLB authetication sticker for 6/13 so maybe it was used from that game. Wouldn't MLB expand the description and say used for HR 562 if it was a HR bat?

here is the description:

You are bidding on a Game Used bat Hand Signed by ALEX RODRIGUEZ.
This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!
Alex personally signed this bat in silver and inscribed it "GAME USED 6/13/09 CAREER #562 VS. METS OFF NIEVE".

Why doesn't the description say "this bat was used to hit HR 562" or something like that. It is disconserting to see this.

joelsabi
10-11-2009, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=joelsabi;164456]this bat has a MLB authetication sticker for 6/13 so maybe it was used from that game. Wouldn't MLB expand the description and say used for HR 562 if it was a HR bat?

[QUOTE]

I bring up the MLB sticker due to my earlier interest in buying a Teixeira bat that was used by him on the day he hit for the cycle. There were 3 or 4 authenticated by MLB on that day and the seller could not validate that it was THE BAT used for the cycle.

sportscrazy13
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
wow.... it's at 3K with about an hour left

someone is going to over pay for it thinking it is the actual HR bat and being MLB authenticated

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM

I can't see anything on the knob of the bat A-Rod is using in the picture. Is this the picture you are referring to?

chakes89
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I can faintly see the 2 half circles of information on the knob

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Ain't all mlb bats made in 2009(LVS) supposed to have the numbers on the knob. Why dont someone with mlbtv watch his at-bat from the game and see if we can get a better look. It don't really help when we have a photo that shows no detail and is taken far away.

joelsabi
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Ain't all mlb bats made in 2009(LVS) supposed to have the numbers on the knob. Why dont someone with mlbtv watch his at-bat from the game and see if we can get a better look. It don't really help when we have a photo that shows no detail and is taken far away.

can someone check out the video

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5029303

you can see the batboy carrying the bat back to the dugout i think

my eyes are bad today. thanks

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I have to say, it would be pretty disturbing to find out you bid and won this bat thinking it was THE #562 Home Run bat, only to discover it wasn't and was only a game used bat from the game, say the one used AFTER he hit the home run and had THAT bat set aside.

The inscription is a bit off his others that he puts on the Home Run bats....so this could be a VERY misleading auction.

If A-Rod is doing this with his associates just to sell more "stuff", then he is a true money whore. He has NO NEED whatsoever to mislead any potential fan of his just to maximize his take on his game used stuff. After all, he is the highest paid baseball player in the history of the game.

I would like to see a close up of that knob......this is potentially a very interesting find by Rboitano.

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Could the seller have done something, because i remember the post about this seller and how it was wierd he had so many game issued gloves and all.

joelsabi
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
can someone check out the video

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5029303

you can see the batboy carrying the bat back to the dugout i think

my eyes are bad today. thanks

I am looking at frames from 32-34 seconds into the vid. check out the batboy with the bat. you can see the knob handle.

Rboitano
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I can clearly see in the photo from Uspresswire that the knob has the two white circular stampings on the knob that most 2009 LVS bats have. And the bat in the auction does not have it.

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Does any one know if the writing is a-rods or not. Because i found a better photo of a-rod hitting the homerun and the bat that he used showed little use. So coudlt he bat ahve been switched with a old a-rod bat. Whats with the black marks on the mlb hologram?

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
sorry for bad picture, got it from mlb.com. But there's a better one on daylife.

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Here's the link to the better photo.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/08PEgqP8Dc3SB?q=Alex+Rodriguez

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Guys,

I would like to know as much as any of you what the true situation is with this bat, but I have to say, the two photos shown here (even with the link that shows the picture in a larger size) are inconclusive. I don't think it's fair to say the two half circled stampings are visable on the knob. I just don't see it. There appears to be a highlighted area at the bottom of the knob that may be giving the impression that's what it is, but for me to say that is the stampings?.....I can't make that determination.

Rboitano
10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
I zoomed in on the photo and i can see the two white circular markings on the knob, I personally think its conclusive.

joelsabi
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Could the seller have done something, because i remember the post about this seller and how it was wierd he had so many game issued gloves and all.

Four bat bat descriptions from this seller. Which ones says explicitly its a homerun bat?

HR 550

“THIS BAT WAS USED FOR THE HISTORIC 550 HOMERUN”

HR 552

“THIS BAT WAS A GRAND SLAM BAT THAT WAS USED AT OLD YANKEE STADIUM!”

HR 535
“THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
“This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
I zoomed in on the photo and i can see the two white circular markings on the knob, I personally think its conclusive.

With all due respect Rboitano......I don't see it as conclusive.

It may be the reflective highlights of the shape of the knob from indirect sunlight (the highlighted "sheen" of the part of the knob that is curved....much the same as an eye has a "gleam" from light on the portion that is having light reflect on it). There is NO way you can make the claim this is a conclusive shot, as it just doesn't show any kind of definition.

That said...you may be correct, but I think it needs to be more conclusive before we make the claim A-Rod is selling badly misrepresented tricky worded stuff (or his authorized dealers, if that is the case).

I am still more bothered by the inscription, with it's potentially misleading ramifications. That would support your claim if it is found that this bat is not THE actual bat used to hit the home run. Very disturbing.

suicide_squeeze
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Four bat bat descriptions from this seller. Which ones says explicitly its a homerun bat?

HR 550

“THIS BAT WAS USED FOR THE HISTORIC 550 HOMERUN”

HR 552

“THIS BAT WAS A GRAND SLAM BAT THAT WAS USED AT OLD YANKEE STADIUM!”

HR 535
“THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
“This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

Exactly, my point.

That last bat inscription is different, and it may be by good reason.

If he is starting to leave questionable inscriptions on bats, just to make big bucks while misleading the fans who aren't as astute on these things as you guys here......then we have a problem, Houston. That's dirty pool.

Rboitano may have discovered something nasty. I just wish we could get a definitive close up shot of that darn knob! I've been looking, can't find anything yet.

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Rboitano,

I am at work, and am looking at this post again. I have to say, maybe I need a new monitor at home, as I can see now what you have been referring to. It does appear you can see slight half circles of the stampings. I could only see a very faint portion of the bottom one from my home computer screen.

But again, I wish we could get a better picture (close-up) of that knob. It would be a pretty disturbing finding if we could definately prove what you may have found here.....but it's still inconclusive at this point.

suave1477
10-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I CAN'T BELIVE I AM SAYING THIS BUT HERE IT GOES.............. I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH SUICIDE:eek:

In all honesty as likely as it is a knob with the stampings until we can get a close enough shot to see a sharp image it would be a bit hard to make that determination.

Now here is another thought before people can jump to conclusions are we all sure that PHOTO FROM USPRESWIRE is of the exact same at bat as the home run????

If you check GETTY and look at an extremely similar picture from the same game it says nothing about that being a Home Run swing. Which Getty normally always depicts as which photos are home run swings.

We all know from expereince GETTY / USPRESSWIRE / ANY other photo site can post wrong photos or label photos wrong.

So even if that photo has stampings on the knob I still do not see that as conclusive evidence unless someone has a sharp site of the actual video and an make out the knob in the actual at bat of the home run.

joelsabi
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
if someone can take a look at the video of his actual at bat i gave a link to earlier, you will see the batboy bringing back the bat to the dugout. between 32-34 seconds in the video you can see this. you can see the knob of the bat several time. i do not see any circles on that bat.

this is the first arod hr bat from this year to go on sale so it will be interesting moving forward to see what the knobs on the bat look like.

with this in mind, i did find another 2009 bat that sold recently by the seller that has the circular numbering on the knob and also had a stick removed from the bat. Usage is less than the HR bat.

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 05:46 PM
joelsabi,

I looked at that video several times......stopped it on the shots that show a 'still' of the knob.....can't see a thing. That's why I'm still undecided....just too hard to come to any conclusion, except that it's still inconclusive.

But I have to say, I am leaning more towards the fact that this is NOT the actual home run bat used to hit home run #562 by A-Rod. The wording, the inscription, and most importantly, the MLB authentication description of the tagged bat all lead me to believe that it was just a bat used in THAT game, not THE bat used for the homer. And that's the rub....I believe the winning bidder thinks he got THE bat that hit the home run, and it looks like A-Rod and his marketing people may have pulled a real lousy one here. Sad if that's true, and I really hope one of us can somehow find a clear close-up of that knob on that at bat eventually.

suave1477
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Just to add to this I was searching for photos also on Corbis and it looks like during June & August AROD did use some bats without the stamping on the knob from what I can tell from the pictures but you can't really get a 100% clear shot.

HERE IS A PICTURE FROM CORBIS ON JUNE 3RD - LOOKS SIMILAR TO THE BAT IN QUESTION - GOING BY THE MOTA STICK USE - COULD THIS BE THE SAME BAT? IF YES, COULD HE ALSO USED IT FOR THE HOME RUN SWING???

suave1477
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Corbis - Image # 42-22510388

suicide_squeeze
10-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Rboitano,

After considering all of the posts, and looking at the original picture you posted of the bat he hit the actual home run with on my monitor at work (which is apparently much better than my one at home), I have to say....I think you discovered something here.

I am now of the opinion you are correct in the knob printing....it's faint, but it appears to be there.

Which may mean nothing more than they sold another bat used in the game, and they made bank on it by misleading and misrepresenting what it was. But......they didn't actually ever come out and say it's THE bat, so they may feel justified in how they marketed this crapper.

Wow....what a ream job by A-Rod's people. If this is what happened, that was truly a disgusting gesture on all of their parts. If I were the winning bidder, I would make contact with the seller and demand my money back, or tell them they will face charges from my attorney. I think if it got back to Alex himself, he would issue a refund.

What a mess. I feel for the winner......very misleading inscription and presentation of this bat to the lesser knowing collectors.

joelsabi
10-12-2009, 06:07 PM
[B]

Now here is another thought before people can jump to conclusions are we all sure that PHOTO FROM USPRESWIRE is of the exact same at bat as the home run????

If you check GETTY and look at an extremely similar picture from the same game it says nothing about that being a Home Run swing. Which Getty normally always depicts as which photos are home run swings.

We all know from expereince GETTY / USPRESSWIRE / ANY other photo site can post wrong photos or label photos wrong.

based on this post on whether this photo is from this specific bat, i am looking at rboitano's photo reference. Where would you think ARod hit the ball based on the photo? All notice where the people in the stand are looking too.

In the video, ARod hit it the HR over the left field fence.

Is this congruent to this photo.

joelsabi
10-12-2009, 06:09 PM
photo attached

based on this post on whether this photo is from this specific bat, i am looking at rboitano's photo reference. Where would you think ARod hit the ball based on the photo? All notice where the people in the stand are looking too.

In the video, ARod hit it the HR over the left field fence.

Is this congruent to this photo.

Rboitano
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
It looks like everyone is looking to left field, where the ball landed. Its impossible to tell from that video if anything is on the knob or not. I can definately see what appears to be two white circles in the photo though.

joelsabi
10-12-2009, 06:48 PM
It looks like everyone is looking to left field, where the ball landed. Its impossible to tell from that video if anything is on the knob or not. I can definately see what appears to be two white circles in the photo though.

yes and the two players on both end of the rails are in the same position on the photo and video.

the knob appears very small in the video to see anything. you can barely see the circles on your photo but i see them.

do you see remants of where a sticker used to be on the other 2009 bat that i posted? there seems to have been a sticker to the left of the bat label before.

suave1477
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
yes and the two players on both end of the rails are in the same position on the photo and video.

the knob appears very small in the video to see anything. you can barely see the circles on your photo but i see them.

do you see remants of where a sticker used to be on the other 2009 bat that i posted? there seems to have been a sticker to the left of the bat label before.

Joelsabi I don't think thats remnants of a sticker. I think your mistaking it for a sticker, it's a scrape of the knob.

joelsabi
10-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Joelsabi I don't think thats remnants of a sticker. I think your mistaking it for a sticker, it's a scrape of the knob.

opps. what i am looking at is to the right of the label. i circled it in read to clarify. is that what you are referring to as a scrape? thanks

suave1477
10-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Actually no I was referring to the knob as that is what I thought you meant.

But as far as the pic where your pointing it out, it looks like a baseball scuff.

gameused
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Took this shot screen shot off of mlb tv, you can definitely see something on the knob. Personally, I think it's the factory stamped date and weight.

The knob shot is a little distorted because Arod was wiggling the bat around. I dont think it's the HR bat, someone got robbed.

Bobby

joelsabi
10-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Took this shot screen shot off of mlb tv, you can definitely see something on the knob. Personally, I think it's the factory stamped date and weight.

The knob shot is a little distorted because Arod was wiggling the bat around. I dont think it's the HR bat, someone got robbed.

Bobby

I sure would like to know how the COA reads on this bat now. It was conspicuously missing from the ebay listing.

For me the first redflag would be the MLB database not mentioning the HR.

Bobby,

Do you have ARod's other at bats from this game? Curious to know if a nonfactory stamped bat was even used in the game.

gameused
10-14-2009, 01:22 AM
I sure would like to know how the COA reads on this bat now. It was conspicuously missing from the ebay listing.

Bobby,

Do you have ARod's other at bats from this game? Curious to know if a nonfactory stamped bat was even used in the game.

Joel,

Arod batted in the 4th, 6th and 8th innings.

The only knob pics that were visible were from the 6th inning. Here are some shots from the 6th, it's hard to get a good clear shot of the knob when the bat is always moving.

Thanks, Bobby

suicide_squeeze
10-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Bobby,

In regards to the highlighted cmment above, that's the biggest red flag and I agree. The first thing I thought of after reading the database verbage was....something stinks.

Bobby's most likely correct in his assumption.....someone got robbed here. A-Rod, the gazillionaire, ought to be ashamed. If the winning bidder somehow gets tipped off to this thread, he should go back to the marketers of this bat and demand a refund based on misrepresentation. The inscription is tricky, misleading, and completely unnecessary for Alex to sign the bat that way. Who really cares if an authentic game used bat was used in a game where a specific non-historic home run was hit?? In fact, since the bat appears to not be the one used to hit that home run, I think the inscription actually cheapens it. It looks too much like an attempt to make everyone believe it is the actual bat he hit home run #562 with.

Disgusting on the part of Alex and his marketing associates.

joelsabi
10-14-2009, 10:04 AM
In regards to the highlighted cmment above, that's the biggest red flag and I agree. The first thing I thought of after reading the database verbage was....something stinks.

Bobby's most likely correct in his assumption.....someone got robbed here. A-Rod, the gazillionaire, ought to be ashamed. If the winning bidder somehow gets tipped off to this thread, he should go back to the marketers of this bat and demand a refund based on misrepresentation. The inscription is tricky, misleading, and completely unnecessary for Alex to sign the bat that way. Who really cares if an authentic game used bat was used in a game where a specific non-historic home run was hit?? In fact, since the bat appears to not be the one used to hit that home run, I think the inscription actually cheapens it. It looks too much like an attempt to make everyone believe it is the actual bat he hit home run #562 with.

Disgusting on the part of Alex and his marketing associates.

We dont know how this bat was represented when it was brought to ARod to sign. In the past, it seems that ARod will sign an inscription according to how the marketing associates claim what the item is because he trusts his handlers will represent him in a positive light. What was there for ARod to question once he was pointed out that there is a MLB sticker.

Luckily there is another avenue (ie. MVP) for Yankee game used equipment for Alex Rodriguez who gives 100% statements of endorsement that a HR bat he is selling is a HR bat. MVP was the original seller of G's photomatched bat and the 2006 wbc photomatched bat.

joelsabi
10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Joel,

Arod batted in the 4th, 6th and 8th innings.

The only knob pics that were visible were from the 6th inning. Here are some shots from the 6th, it's hard to get a good clear shot of the knob when the bat is always moving.

Thanks, Bobby

thanks again Bobby

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

How far back do the archives go for MLB.tv? What year?

gameused
10-14-2009, 11:21 AM
2006, and it's at 350K, so you wont see much detail when trying to photo match.

suicide_squeeze
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM
The bat is definately NOT the bat used to hit the home run.

Based on the third screen shot supplied by Bobby, where you can see the label of the bat clearly at the end, there are no ball marks above the "Genuine C271L" (I can see one to the left above the "G" and again one over the "i") or deep cleat indentations on the scripted "Alex Rodriguez" bat label in the same locations on the bat Alex is holding just before hitting the home run.

Could they have been added later with subsequent use? Sure. Is it likely? Not in my opinion, based on the amount of additional scuffs and cleat marks added on this bat. If it was used a whole bunch more, how could they keep track of it without some sort of identification marked on the bat? Also, since it's not cracked, why would it be "retired" after subsequent use if it's still usable? Because A-Rod just decided "Hey, I hit home run #562 with this, shouldn't push my luck.....it's time to sell it." Huh? Makes no sense. There are a couple of white ball scuff marks above the "Genuine C271L" that are above the "G" and kind of between the "nu".....so even if the other ones were added later by subsequent use, how do you explain the disappearance of these marks? Just doesn't add up.

So, even though this bat may have been used in the game he hit home run #562, it is definately NOT the bat used to hit the home run. That missing description (to someone on their toes) is not shown in the MLB database, so it's easy to conclude that is the fact. But again, it appears it was not marketed or represented as being the home run bat. But it is notated in a deceiptfully close manner, enough to lead someone of lesser knowledge and experience with A-Rod inscripted bats that it may appear like it.....so this sucks for whoever won it because based on the price it went for ($3,050.00) I'm sure they thought it was.

This is the first bat I have ever seen inscripted this way, where the actual home run # is listed along with a "game used" inscription when they are not one in the same. I have seen this on some "game used" baseballs, inscribed that they were "game used" in the game a certain home run was hit, but those are relatively easilly discernable. So I guess this is not too surprising. A-Rod is now officially the "memorabilia whore" in the industry. (Please, Frik, what I mean is he will sell anything for money any way he can.....don't blow it out of proportion!! Not a sexist comment intended!!!)

This is deceiptful, even though he really isn't doing anything illegal, and collectors need to really be aware of the fact that A-Rod's stuff is being marketed in this manner. Or, eventually, Alex Rodriguez will most definately be on the news one day answering to a class action lawsuit from a group of duped collectors who have never heard of the GUU. :)

Good observation and find, Rboitano.

joelsabi
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
So, even though this bat may have been used in the game he hit home run #562, it is definately NOT the bat used to hit the home run. That missing description (to someone on their toes) is not shown in the MLB database, so it's easy to conclude that is the fact. But again, it appears it was not marketed or represented as being the home run bat. But it is notated in a deceiptfully close manner, enough to lead someone of lesser knowledge and experience with A-Rod inscripted bats that it may appear like it.....so this sucks for whoever won it because based on the price it went for ($3,050.00) I'm sure they thought it was.

This is the first bat I have ever seen inscripted this way, where the actual home run # is listed along with a "game used" inscription when they are not one in the same. I have seen this on some "game used" baseballs, inscribed that they were "game used" in the game a certain home run was hit, but those are relatively easilly discernable. So I guess this is not too surprising. A-Rod is now officially the "memorabilia whore" in the industry.

Steve,

Let me reiterate. We dont know how this bat was represented when it was brought to ARod to sign. In the past, it seems that ARod will sign an inscription according to how the marketing associates claim what the item is because he trusts his handlers will represent him in a positive light. When ARod has been given negative publicity on his memorabilia, the offending marketer lost his future business like what happen to A-Rod Authenticated when they tried to sell limited 3HR-10RBIs baseballs right after the game.

What was there for ARod to question once he was pointed out that there is a MLB sticker and told it was a hr bat. If the marketing associate says it was a hr bat, then he inscribed it accordingly.

It would be disturbing if there was another bat with the same inscription (ie. the real hr bat) out there. Then I would come to the same conclusion as you.

If ARod was not aware that the bat brought to him to sign as a hr bat was the wrong bat that is different than knowingly signing an hr bat inscription on a non hr bat. To me at least, it just does not make sense that he would sign this specific inscription otherwise.

Also we don't know how the COA reads.

So i think we cannot come to a final conclusion until we know these facts.

Your thoughts?

Joel

for the record I own only 1 hr bat and 1 hr baseball.

suicide_squeeze
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Steve,

Let me reiterate. We dont know how this bat was represented when it was brought to ARod to sign. In the past, it seems that ARod will sign an inscription according to how the marketing associates claim what the item is because he trusts his handlers will represent him in a positive light. When ARod has been given negative publicity on his memorabilia, the offending marketer lost his future business like what happen to A-Rod Authenticated when they tried to sell limited 3HR-10RBIs baseballs right after the game.

What was there for ARod to question once he was pointed out that there is a MLB sticker and told it was a hr bat. If the marketing associate says it was a hr bat, then he inscribed it accordingly.

It would be disturbing if there was another bat with the same inscription (ie. the real hr bat) out there. Then I would come to the same conclusion as you.

If ARod was not aware that the bat brought to him to sign as a hr bat was the wrong bat that is different than knowingly signing an hr bat inscription on a non hr bat. To me at least, it just does not make sense that he would sign this specific inscription otherwise.

Also we don't know how the COA reads.

So i think we cannot come to a final conclusion until we know these facts.

Your thoughts?

Joel

for the record I own only 1 hr bat and 1 hr baseball.

Joel,

Let's break it down:

Description

HOMERUN OFF THE NEW YORK METS!

MLB HOLO, FULL LETTER!

You are bidding on a Game Used bat Hand Signed by ALEX RODRIGUEZ.

This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!

Alex personally signed this bat in silver and inscribed it "GAME USED 6/13/09 CAREER #562 VS. METS OFF NIEVE".

As you can see from the photos this bat shows great game USE AND IS POUNDED!

THIS BAT IS UNCRACKED!

This item will come with a Full Letter of Authenticity personally signed by Alex Rodriguez.

The following information is from MLB.com
Hologram number LH198820 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYM AT NYY
Session Date: June 13, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Joel,

Referring to the BLUE highlighted wording taken directly from the auction...one deosn't even need to read between the lines to understand this bat was only used during that game....NOWHERE does it claim to be the bat that hit the home run #562.....It's just a game-used bat from the game Alex hit the #562 home run.

Further support of that fact can be read by the MLB hologram description (see the highlighted red verbage). I underlined the description. "Game Used Bat." Not "Game used Home Run Bat."

But over the years, everyone who collects game used stuff has seen TONS of A-Rod stuff, and he has customarilly only inscribed a bat with the home run # if it was THE bat used to hit that home run. Now, they are throwing a curve at collectors by inscribing the bat with a very similar mix of the lesser collected "Game Used" with the more popular "Home Run #XXX".....but the catch is, they have combined the two, and dropped the "Home Run" and inserted "Game Used" in place of it. Very tricky, very confusing, and IMO, very deceiptful.

Whomever is responsible for making this cute little "dollar raiser" decision is doing an injustice to the collecting community.

And my last thought is.....since Alex is signing it, he's responsible. No excuses.

Rboitano
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
If you can learn anything from this, be very careful when buying Arod inscribed items. This is the third HR bat that I know of that is not what it is says it is. Their is a 2002 HR 16 bat that if I remember correctly that is questionable. I think at one time there were two completely different HR 16 2002 bats floating around. I know Bobby (gameused) on here knows about it as well. Personally I would never buy an Arod HR bat, I would settle for a nice signed one.

joelsabi
10-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Joel,

Let's break it down:

And my last thought is.....since Alex is signing it, he's responsible. No excuses.

What we know is

1) This is not a hr bat.
2) That the seller did not give full endorsement that this is a homerun bat. Ebay descriptions run their coarse after 3-5 weeks and then the ebay record is lost.
3) Eventually this bat will hit the market again claiming to be a HR bat regardless of what the COA says. I would like to know what it says now because I know COA can mysteriously disappear.

I agree ARod needs to be more careful when he signs and ultimately is responsible for what and who is out there representing him in the hobby.

joelsabi
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
If you can learn anything from this, be very careful when buying Arod inscribed items. This is the third HR bat that I know of that is not what it is says it is. Their is a 2002 HR 16 bat that if I remember correctly that is questionable. I think at one time there were two completely different HR 16 2002 bats floating around. I know Bobby (gameused) on here knows about it as well. Personally I would never buy an Arod HR bat, I would settle for a nice signed one.

you talking about this one? i think it just sold recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Game-Used-HR-16-Signed-Bat-WOW-YANKS_W0QQitemZ120475973964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0ced794c

Rboitano
10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes thats the bat, I cant remember the exact details of it. But I am sure that Bobby does know about it. Hopefully he will remember.

joelsabi
10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes thats the bat, I cant remember the exact details of it. But I am sure that Bobby does know about it. Hopefully he will remember.

two bats with same inscription 2002 HR #16

one from ASI (Rawlings) and another CoasttoCoast (LVS). I go along with Bobby's conclusion. Trust the source.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1107935248/ASI-Alex+Rodriguez+2002+HR+%2316+bat+a+fake-

gameused
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM

There were two HR #16 bats from 2002 being auctioned in early 2004. One was a LVS from Mastronet and the other was a Rawlings being auctioned by Vintage Authentics. Below is the link to the old post on the former GUF, the auction links are no longer viewable.

Also, ASI had a bunch of Arod HR inscripted Old Hickory bats from 2004, I inquired about these bats and had some photos sent to me with prices. A week later a rep from ASI told me that Arod wrote the wrong insciptions and dates on the bat and they would have to meet with him to have them resigned.

Personally I would never invest in one his HR bats without a 100% photo match. Too many errors throughout the years with the people that handle his HR items.

Bobby
http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1107935248/ASI-Alex+Rodriguez+2002+HR+%2316+bat+a+fake-

joelsabi
10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
There were two HR #16 bats from 2002 being auctioned in early 2004. One was a LVS from Mastronet and the other was a Rawlings being auctioned by Vintage Authentics. Below is the link to the old post on the former GUF, the auction links are no longer viewable.

Also, ASI had a bunch of Arod HR inscripted Old Hickory bats from 2004, I inquired about these bats and had some photos sent to me with prices. A week later a rep from ASI told me that Arod wrote the wrong insciptions and dates on the bat and they would have to meet with him to have them resigned.

Personally I would never invest in one his HR bats without a 100% photo match. Too many errors throughout the years with the people that handle his HR items.

Bobby

Bobby,

This example was disturbing since you have two inscriptions for the same homerun. The unfortunant thing is that photos are available for the Rawlings bat unless someone here was able to download it to there computer. I believe I asked you for a copy of the photo awhile back but you said you didnt have it. And I guess the Rawlings bat has never been resold since 2004. I would like to see if the inscription on the Rawlings bat was in ARod's own writing. If anyone has the photo please post it.