PDA

View Full Version : Twins-Yankees chase-worn jersey

genius
10-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Was that a sweet Blyleven throwback on the guy who tried to climb the outfield baggy in the 9th? If anyone knows him he should post on ebay, would easily cover his bail. Should be just enough of a screen grab to photomatch it as security was pulling him down.

yanks12025
10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I was shocked he made it all the way out to the centerfield wall.

Vintagedeputy
10-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I was shocked that the tv station actually showed the pursuit and how they hauled his fat ass off the wall.

Now that, that was some quality tv!

AWA85
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Pretty cool watching Joe Nathan go and pick up a handful of dirt after the game. It was no goodbye Yankee stadium with Jeter, Arod, and Mo at the mound.... but still another old stadium down.

skyking26
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Pretty cool watching Joe Nathan go and pick up a handful of dirt after the game. It was no goodbye Yankee stadium with Jeter, Arod, and Mo at the mound.... but still another old stadium down.
Any person I ever meet that attended games at the Metrodome said the experience was horrible. Terrible place to see a game in a nutshell, and I'm sure most players would convey they hated the ceiling in that joint...

Good ridance....

Am I against domes? No, I've been to many Skydome games in Toronto over the years and love the city and the park. When I first attended in the 90's it was an unearthly spectacle. Just a modern marvel. I still like the place. Many I have met that went to Miller Park rave. The Twins fans should love outdoor baseball in July and August. April-June and September on, dress like you are at a football game. Prep the schedule for lotsa rainouts too....

Domes are fine in the right areas, MN being one. The Metrodome just flatout sucked. Hey, who can remember back to '84 when Dave Kingman hit a skyjack straight up into a drainpipe? It was ruled a groundrule double (what a joke).

I know, had to throw it in...:rolleyes: