PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Fall League

OaklandAsFan
10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Well today is the start of Arizona Fall League here. I will be checking out my boys in the green and gold playing for the Phoenix Desert Dogs but will see every team several times in the next month and a half. Any request for pictures from anyone looking to see their teams young talent??

ironmanfan
10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
The Orioles have put a lot of stock in a third base prospect they got from the Dodgers in the George Sherrill deal.......I don't need any pictures, just let me know what you think of Josh Bell once you get to see him play

G1X
10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
ironmanfan,

I traveled back home to Birmingham this past July and happened to catch Josh Bell in the Southern League All-Star Game and Homerun Derby Contest when he was still in the Dodgers' organization (Chattanooga).

The Orioles appear to have picked up a real gem in the trade. He is a big-time prospect with a lot of upside. He is a good fielder as well as being a fine hitter with some pop (crushed a homer in the All-Star Game). He seems impressive as both a player and person as he earned the MVP award at the All-Star Game while being a really good guy who was very cordial to the young fans before the game.

The O's aren't far from being a contender with all the young talent they have on hand, and Bell should fit in nicely at a position of need.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game-used items.

CampWest
10-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope Mike Moustakas (playing for Surprise Rafters) can get his bat going a little bit. Thanks!

allstarsplus
10-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Today 04:24 PM OaklandAsFan
Well today is the start of Arizona Fall League here. I will be checking out my boys in the green and gold playing for the Phoenix Desert Dogs but will see every team several times in the next month and a half. Any request for pictures from anyone looking to see their teams young talent??I am so jealous but would love to see any photos of any of the young Nats playing there especially Strasburg!

This is going to be a great class the Washington Nationals are sending which is led by Stephen Strasburg and Drew Storen.

I really wish times were different as I so badly want to be there to watch Strasburg pitch his 1st game.

While everyone from NY, LA, and Philly are excited about their teams in the playoffs, I am just excited about "what can be" for my hometown team as the Nats future will be on display in the Arizona Fall League.

Mark, great feedback on Josh Bell. The only way I see the Orioles ever being able to contend in the AL East is to stockpile young players and hope they can one day be a superstar. The Orioles will get the #3 pick in the 2010 Draft and will get a future impact player too. If they would just spend the money on a key Free Agent pitching acquisition to go with their youth, they may make it. With Matt Wieters, Adam Jones, Markakis, and Matusz to name a few, that is the makings of a good team. Unfortunately for the O's, in order to compete with the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays, GOOD is not good enough as you better be great!

chakes89
10-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Photos of Reds 1st Round Pick Mike Leake would be nice if you could get some

rays54
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Any Photos of Jason Heyward would be nice.

Capital-Sports
10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
One of my buddies is a home plate umpire for the Florida State League and he's in Arizona for the AFL. If you see him, which wouldn't be hard to do since he's like 6'6, Im sure he'd enjoy some pics of himself in action.