PDA

View Full Version : Wade Boggs Game Used Minor League Bat

GoTigers
10-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Just came in the mail today.

35" S2, non cupped, it seems to match his Louisville Slugger shipping records form 1977. That would make it one of the first 24 bats shipped to Boggs in his career. It is signed beside his name. There are no marking on the knob, at all. This would be from his season with Winson-Salem AA, I believe.

I'd love to get everyone's opinion. I won this off ebay, and it was simply listed as an autographed bat. There is a very slight handle crack and shows very nice use. Most of the ball marks are above the Model number, which is opposite of most Boggs gamers. I'd love to see some pictures from that year to see if his most common player characteristics had come into effect yet.

Again, I'd love to get your opinions.

GoTigers
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
It has been brought to my attention that this could be a Tommy Boggs bat. I looked into that before buying the bat, and saw that he did not have an at bat in 1977 and only 18 in 1978. I have seen block letter (first and last name) Wade Boggs bats from later on in his career. Also, would Tommy Boggs have used a "Pitchers" bat, or have his name on a bat?

Anyways, I dont have much invested in this, so just looking for some information. That is a crazy coincedence if Tommy Boggs ordered 35" S2 with the same finish as Wade from around that year.

Masimen
10-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Jimmy, I saw this when it was on ebay and at first thought it might be a Tommy Boggs as well, but it matches Wade Boggs records perfectly. One would have to think chances are slim it was a Tommy Boggs bat. Personally I think you have the real deal. Congrats on the pickup.....Steve