PDA

View Full Version : Need Dodgers Game Worn Jersey Expert Help

aaccee
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi

I just purchased 2009 Hu's jersey from eBay.

Could any expert tell me it is a real game issued or worn jersey?

Thanks!

Li

sox83cubs84
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Tags and other factors match up well with a 2009 road Orlando Hudson ST jersey recently up on eBay. The Hudson was only determined to be spring training because the number on it (30, I think) was only worn by Hudson in spring training. You can't determine use (unless it's really heavy) without seeing it, but, at least, it's, IMO, team-issued.

Dave M.
Chicago area

gameused
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I noticed that there is no "Property of Los Angeles Dodgers 2009" tag sewn below the Majestic logo on the bottom left of the jersey. I have seen a 2009 jersey and that tag was sewn on the lower left. Could you take some photos of the interior wash tag.

WadeInBmore
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I thought that the Dodgers Game Used stuff was sold by Steiner? Just throwing that out there...I could be wrong.

wade

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
This is what my 2009 Manny photo match jersey looked like.
Let me get some other pics.

Rudy

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 02:39 PM
another pic.

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 02:45 PM
here are some more pics.

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
the last of the manny photos.

thomecollector
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Dodgers fan. Could you email me? I want to ask you something. Thanks,Roger:D

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Email sent.

Rudy

Dodgers fan. Could you email me? I want to ask you something. Thanks,Roger:D

suicide_squeeze
10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Couple of concerns....

The "Hu" jersey has a different material and font on the tag sewn into the collar, and the year is the full "2009", as opposed to the Manny jersey stating just the "09" which also seems to be the customary patch font and style used.

Also, the absence of the "Property of the Los Angeles Dodgers" tag is, to me, a question mark. I do not know if these jersey have these sewn on before the jerseys are issued to the players, or after it is determined the jersey will be sold or given away after the fact. So I don't know if the tag, missing in the picture, is a red flag or not.

dodgersfan,

If I may ask, where were you able to pick up that Manny Jersey from? I am really curious to know.....thanks.

Steve

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
One of my Dodger connections Steve.
A very good source,I live her in L.A

Rudy

Couple of concerns....

The "Hu" jersey has a different material and font on the tag sewn into the collar, and the year is the full "2009", as opposed to the Manny jersey stating just the "09" which also seems to be the customary patch font and style used.

Also, the absence of the "Property of the Los Angeles Dodgers" tag is, to me, a question mark. I do not know if these jersey have these sewn on before the jerseys are issued to the players, or after it is determined the jersey will be sold or given away after the fact. So I don't know if the tag, missing in the picture, is a red flag or not.

dodgersfan,

If I may ask, where were you able to pick up that Manny Jersey from? I am really curious to know.....thanks.

Steve

suicide_squeeze
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice, Rudy.

I don't know if there's any chance you could introduce me to your guy? I live here in L.A. too, and I always wanted a home Manny jersey.

If there's any chance, please email me at:

suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

Thanks a lot Rudy,

Steve

allstarsplus
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Nice, Rudy.

I don't know if there's any chance you could introduce me to your guy? I live here in L.A. too, and I always wanted a home Manny jersey.

If there's any chance, please email me at:

suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

Thanks a lot Rudy,

Steve

Steve - I have bought dozens of Dodgers shirts from Rudy over many years. Always great stuff and never a problem.

On another note, the Manny jersey I got last week from my Dominican connection was nothing more than an auto'd authentic which was a total joke although these guys that hang around the players don't know about wash tags and strip tags, etc.

Hope you and Rudy do some stuff together!

aaccee
10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Here is the wash tag.

I also found road jerseys don't have "Property of the Los Angeles Dodgers" tag.

Except the "Property of the Los Angeles Dodgers" tag and year code (09 and 2009), everything looks like the same.

Could this one be a spring training jersey or another type of game issued jersey?

Li

Mac670
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
On Fan appreciation day, I bought a Scott Elbert game worn jersey for $250 from the Dodgers dream foundation, tax deductible. It has all the correct tagging as Rudy's Manny jersey. I too am a big Dodger fan and interested in getting to know someone close to getting game used Dodger memorabilia. I don't currently have much Dodger stuff, but I am always looking. Rudy and Suicide, are any of you going to the first two playoff games against the Phillies. I'll be going Friday. Maybe we can get together next year and catch a game together. Ill be in reserve aisle 1 row s.

Anthony

anegrete70@aol.com

dodgersfan
10-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Who are you looking for on the team?
I will be watching the game at my moms house,she just got back from Maui and want to spend some time with her.
That is a great idea on catching a game with the local GUF members.
Who else is from the L.A area?

Rudy

On Fan appreciation day, I bought a Scott Elbert game worn jersey for $250 from the Dodgers dream foundation, tax deductible. It has all the correct tagging as Rudy's Manny jersey. I too am a big Dodger fan and interested in getting to know someone close to getting game used Dodger memorabilia. I don't currently have much Dodger stuff, but I am always looking. Rudy and Suicide, are any of you going to the first two playoff games against the Phillies. I'll be going Friday. Maybe we can get together next year and catch a game together. Ill be in reserve aisle 1 row s.

Anthony

anegrete70@aol.com

suicide_squeeze
10-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Anthony

anegrete70@aol.com

Anthony,

Sounds like a plan. I always like to spend some time at a Dodger game with real fans, and it would be great to meet you guys (Rudy too).

I won't be attending the NLCS home games.....too much going on at work, but next year, absolutely. I'll email you and exchange numbers.

Have a great time Friday night.....GO Dodgers!!!

suicide_squeeze
10-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Steve - I have bought dozens of Dodgers shirts from Rudy over many years. Always great stuff and never a problem.

On another note, the Manny jersey I got last week from my Dominican connection was nothing more than an auto'd authentic which was a total joke although these guys that hang around the players don't know about wash tags and strip tags, etc.

Hope you and Rudy do some stuff together!

Hey Andrew, thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear that it was a disappointment. Somehow I worried about that (as we discussed). Anything coming from "Manny's people" would make me nervous, especially after the experiences you've had.

All I know is getting ahold of legit Dodger equipment is truly a struggle. Maybe Rudy can fix me up.....man, that would be nice!

aaccee
10-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Judy,

Could you send me an email at aceli777@yahoo.co.jp?

I have some Dodgers game used items want to ask you.

Thanks!

Li

Mac670
10-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Rudy

I'm sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Just trying to get over another NLCS loss to the Phillies. Do you have items from Eithier, Kemp or Loney? I would really appreciate your help.

Anthony

suicide_squeeze
10-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi Rudy

I'm sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. Just trying to get over another NLCS loss to the Phillies. Do you have items from Eithier, Kemp or Loney? I would really appreciate your help.

Anthony

Anthony,

I bought a real nice game used James Loney 2008 game used jersey from GUU. I can't wait to meet him at a signing and have him sign it. I also was at the last series between The Dodgers and the Giants in San Fran this year. We make the truck up there every year.......it's a GREAT time.

James Loney hit a bomb to deep right center, I want to say on Setember 12th (not positive of the date, and too lazy to check right now). My wife and I were on the boardwalk looking at the beautiful view of McCovey cove when it happened. That night, the Dodgers were lambasting the Giants like 9-1 (at the time). Loney's bomb was just a formality, but I grabbed my wife and dragged her back into the park as all the fans were heading out, and I found the guy who caught it. Turns out he was a Dodger fan too! I eventually talked him into selling me the ball, although he was real reluctant at first. I took pictures, and had him sign a letter of affidavit just for record.

Funny side note.....as I was standing there, relishing my favorite Dodger's home run ball (which can be seen being caught by the guy I bought it from all over MLB.com that night), and just enjoying the moment, a BIG plop of seagull poop goes "PLOP" right on my right shoulder close to my neck. When the games end there in San Fran, the seagulls swarm over and land to pick at all the wrappers and food left behind by the seats. LUCKY me. Fortunately, I was wearing my "Manny" jersey, and not my "Loney"......LOL:p. I should have known that was a sign from above on how the Dodger season would end. I made my way into the restroom and did my best to wash out the green bomb... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/31.gif

Fortunately, it all came out in the next wash.

But I have his 11th homer of the season......can't wait to get him to sign that baby too!!

Regards,

Steve

thomecollector
10-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Steve,
Great story. I was checking out Ball Park Heroes site last night. I happened to notice that there were a bunch of Dodgers jerseys from last year. Not sure if you had interest.:)

sox83cubs84
10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
It's a variant of the Ballhawk good luck charm, Steve...you have a bird poop on you, and, presto...you get a home run ball (albeit purchased in this instance, not caught or chased down). Still, I'm glad it all worked out for you (including launering the shirt).:p

Mac670
10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Steve

Really funny story! I think I'l give the Dodgers jerseys a shot at auction.

Anthony

lehmsbobby
10-25-2009, 01:42 PM
great story!

curious how much you payed for the ball?

xpress34
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Funny side note.....as I was standing there, relishing my favorite Dodger's home run ball (which can be seen being caught by the guy I bought it from all over MLB.com that night), and just enjoying the moment, a BIG plop of seagull poop goes "PLOP" right on my right shoulder close to my neck. When the games end there in San Fran, the seagulls swarm over and land to pick at all the wrappers and food left behind by the seats. LUCKY me. Fortunately, I was wearing my "Manny" jersey, and not my "Loney"......LOL:p. I should have known that was a sign from above on how the Dodger season would end. I made my way into the restroom and did my best to wash out the green bomb... http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/31.gif

Fortunately, it all came out in the next wash.

Regards,

Steve

Steve -

I hate to say it, but you should not have washed out the Seagull's 'gift' so quickly... in MANY Asian cultures, a bird pooping on your shoulder is considered a sign of good luck and if you clean it off immediately, it can turn to bad luck... maybe that's why your boys in blue didn't fair so well against the Phils???

Just giving you some grief, but the bird poop tale of luck is true...

- Chris