PDA

View Full Version : O/T World Series in LA?

whatupyos
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not a fan of either LA team. Can't stand the Angels since they're always competing against the A's and the Dodgers beat the A's in '88. But I'm rooting for an all LA area world series. Anyone plan on going if either team makes it? I might make the treck down to So Cal if I can work it in and would love to take in a game. Haven't been to a world series since the A's were swept in '90 in Oakland in game 4. Do the Dodgers sell game used by chance at the stadium? I've heard the Yanks have a Steiner area at the park...or maybe that was the old park, I can't remember. Its also possible I dreamed that up.

Aaron

sox83cubs84
10-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm from Chicago and I'm a Cubs fan. What is this "World Series" you speak of?:confused:

Dave M.
Chicago area

whatupyos
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Dave-

I was rooting for the Cubs this year. They deserve a title. Its been 101 years. Hopefully soon. I'm making a Wriggley trip next year.

Aaron

kingjammy24
10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm from Chicago and I'm a Cubs fan. What is this "World Series" you speak of?:confused:

Dave M.
Chicago area

you know where the cubs held spring training during the 20s and 30s; off the coast of la.

here's a great little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbM9rLsaHI

rudy.

Ollie
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Being a Yankees fan, I would love to go to Dodger Stadium again and go to my first game at NYS for the fall classic if (and when!) we we make it to the fall classic but damn work looks like it's going to make it impossible. Hoping my Mom will be able to make it though as my Aunts maybe able to get her tickets.

suicide_squeeze
10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
you know where the cubs held spring training during the 20s and 30s; off the coast of la.

here's a great little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBbM9rLsaHI

rudy.

Dave,

If I hadn't seen this with my own eyes, I would have never believed it.

Who in the WORLD would have guessed that Catalina Island, where I have spent some nice vacations and Boy Scout days, was the Spring training grounds for the '20s and '30s Chicago Cubs!!????? WOW. That's just insane!

suicide_squeeze
10-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not a fan of either LA team. Can't stand the Angels since they're always competing against the A's and the Dodgers beat the A's in '88. But I'm rooting for an all LA area world series. Anyone plan on going if either team makes it? I might make the treck down to So Cal if I can work it in and would love to take in a game. Haven't been to a world series since the A's were swept in '90 in Oakland in game 4. Do the Dodgers sell game used by chance at the stadium? I've heard the Yanks have a Steiner area at the park...or maybe that was the old park, I can't remember. Its also possible I dreamed that up.

Aaron

Yes, my partner Aaron, there is a Steiner area at the Park.

Why do you think they check all the fans for weapons as they enter the stadium?

http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/lol.gif