PDA

View Full Version : And the LEGEND grows....

suicide_squeeze
10-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Brett Farve throws a long completion after Joe Flacco has the game of his life, bringing the Ravens back into the game with two late touchdowns and giving them the lead......until Farve strikes back!!! The Vikes kick a fieldgoal, and hang on to win as the young Ravens kicker shanks one to the left with no time left......

Brett Farve has the Vikings at 6-0.........bring it, haters!!!

Mauer7
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
A kicker that the Vikes released too.

TriplexXxSports
10-18-2009, 03:39 PM
....continues to grow to PISS ME OFF!

3arod13
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm a big Viking fan. We didn't win this game...Baltimore lost this game.

I'm not talking smack about this win. We got lucky!!!

Regards, Tony

Jags Fan Dan
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Brett Farve throws a long completion after Joe Flacco has the game of his life, bringing the Ravens back into the game with two late touchdowns and giving them the lead......until Farve strikes back!!! The Vikes kick a fieldgoal, and hang on to win as the young Ravens kicker shanks one to the left with no time left......

Brett Farve has the Vikings at 6-0.........bring it, haters!!!
Not a hater, but if you must gloat, it is F - A - V - R- E.

orioles03
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Bs, Why Did The Ravens Have To Let Go Matt Stover

WadeInBmore
10-18-2009, 06:00 PM

That's awesome. I just laughed out loud!!! My how I do enjoy this forum.

Wade

suicide_squeeze
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM

Dan,

Believe it or not, I knew that! Kinda weird I mispelled it consistently throughout the post. Must have been my haste in getting it on the baord before 3 other Favre posts hit......my apologies and thanks for keeping it straight.:o

suicide_squeeze
10-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm a big Viking fan. We didn't win this game...Baltimore lost this game.

I'm not talking smack about this win. We got lucky!!!

Regards, Tony

YO!!.......TONY!!!!!!!!!

Don't give up your seat on the "Righteous Train" so quickly.

Remember, the Vikes had a BIG lead, until their defense gave up 2 late touchdowns. He threw a 58-yard completion to Sidney Rice, who had a defender tugging on him like he was a harpooned Blue fin getting taken aboard! Imagine what you'd be hearing if Favre hadn't brought them back to have an opportunity to win it with a chip-shot field goal??? They hit it, and the Vikings defense almost gave up the ghost again!

But to say they didn't win the game is not fair to the team, or to Favre. But make no mistake about it, they WON THAT GAME.

Did the Ravens have a chance to win that game? YES, but they didn't capitalize. Brett gets the credit no matter how you break it down. He got the ball with over three minute remaining, WITHOUT THE LEAD. And Adrian Peterson was a NON FACTOR in the game. It was Favre's game to win or lose at that point, and he did it again.

Let the SMACK talkin' BEGIN, brotha!!! Favre is perfect for the season!!!

On a more serious note, have any of you realized how accurate Favre has been, and more importantly, how he is avoiding the INT bug? He seems to have finally matured as a "gun-slinger" into a true bonified superstar who knows that ball posession management is what will win. I think that one change in his mindset takes the Vikes to the Super Bowl, barring some disasterous injury to a key player.

TriplexXxSports
10-18-2009, 07:02 PM
On a more serious note, have any of you realized how accurate Favre has been, and more importantly, how he is avoiding the INT bug? He seems to have finally matured as a "gun-slinger" into a true bonified superstar who knows that ball posession management is what will win. I think that one change in his mindset takes the Vikes to the Super Bowl, barring some disasterous injury to a key player.

Its only a matter of time, my man. Happens every season and this year will be no different.

WadeInBmore
10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I just saw the highlights from the Ravens Vikings game...

it's so nice to see my Ravens scoring points. But, I tell you what, that final throw that Mr. Favre had...you know the one that was over 60 yards and nailed his reciever in the numbers...its hard not to be impressed by that.

WOW. What a good game...and we are only 6 weeks in. Football season is great. Not as good as baseball season, but a close second :D

wade

allstarsplus
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I just saw the highlights from the Ravens Vikings game...

it's so nice to see my Ravens scoring points. But, I tell you what, that final throw that Mr. Favre had...you know the one that was over 60 yards and nailed his reciever in the numbers...its hard not to be impressed by that.

WOW. What a good game...and we are only 6 weeks in. Football season is great. Not as good as baseball season, but a close second :D

wade

Favre is playing great right now. My concern is in 5 or 6 weeks when Brett's arm may show signs of fatigue.

Tough loss for Baltimore as they play in a tough division and looked a few weeks ago that they were one of the top teams in the AFC. Still a long way to go!

Jags Fan Dan
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Dan,

Believe it or not, I knew that! Kinda weird I mispelled it consistently throughout the post. Must have been my haste in getting it on the baord before 3 other Favre posts hit......my apologies and thanks for keeping it straight.:o
I had to bust your round ones on that. But it is amazing what this old man keeps doing. If he gets deep into the playoffs with the Vikes, it will sure shut a lot of people up.

sox83cubs84
10-31-2009, 02:53 AM
This Sunday, for the second time in my 51 years of life, I will be cheering for the Packers.

Anyone wanna start a pool for 2010...the day Brett retires for the 3rd time and the day he unretires for the 3rd time?;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

TriplexXxSports
10-31-2009, 05:59 AM
This Sunday, for the second time in my 51 years of life, I will be cheering for the Packers.

Anyone wanna start a pool for 2010...the day Brett retires for the 3rd time and the day he unretires for the 3rd time?;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

I am right with you Dave - GO PACK GO!!

suicide_squeeze
11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
.....and Brett Farve takes care of his old team, to the horror of most of the Lambeau fans.....

4 T.D. passes......and it isn't quite over yet. As I type this, there is 3:39 left. But certainly Rodgers and company have no hope....

Favre is remarkable at the age of 40. He is the man!!

3arod13
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Brett Favre has beaten the Green Bay Slackers twice this season, and are 7-1. Guess you were just a little off with you 8-8 prediction! :)

TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_154212", true);

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION!! - FARVE IS COMING BACK AS A VIKING!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArzQsqY.wFxfJK8ZRfM4RAM5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns)

You are definitely high now. The vike will be lucky, and I mean LUCKY to hit 8-8 this year. Look at the schedule -

Browns - WIN (WON)
Lions - WIN (WON)
49ers - LOSS (WON)
Gay Bay - LOSS (WON)
Rams - WIN (WON)
Ravens - LOSS (WON)
Steelers - LOSS (LOST, BUT SHOULD HAVE WON)
Gay Bay - LOSS (WON)
Detroit - WIN(?)
Seattle - LOSS
Bears - LOSS
Cards - LOSS
Bengals - WIN
Panthers - WIN(?)
Bears - LOSS
Giants - LOSS

Good Luck!

Buy all-in-all Good F-in' riddance to Brett Fav-re!

3arod13
11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know if TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) is ok? Haven't heard from him, but I did hear he call in sick for work today. Rumor has it, he is bidding on the Brett Favre jersey.

TriplexXxSports
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know if TriplexXxSports (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=3994) is ok? Haven't heard from him, but I did hear he call in sick for work today. Rumor has it, he is bidding on the Brett Favre jersey.

Ahhh, that's funny stuff. 3AROD13, you're good people. I like that. But, I ain't skeer'd of this whole Fav-ray thing. I'm not sick either. Well at least not physically. I AM sick of hearing about his old a** though.

Given, my preseason predictions were a little skewed. I guess that's why I am a collector and not a sports analyst huh? Hell, I predicted the Bears to go 16-0 this year (as I do every season). What do I know.

We're only half way through though.....still alot of football to be played. Could still go 8-8 for the Vi-Queens....:D

3arod13
11-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Ahhh, that's funny stuff. 3AROD13, you're good people. I like that. But, I ain't skeer'd of this whole Fav-ray thing. I'm not sick either. Well at least not physically. I AM sick of hearing about his old a** though.

Given, my preseason predictions were a little skewed. I guess that's why I am a collector and not a sports analyst huh? Hell, I predicted the Bears to go 16-0 this year (as I do every season). What do I know.

We're only half way through though.....still alot of football to be played. Could still go 8-8 for the Vi-Queens....:D

You'tr good people too! Great response! Made me laugh!

To be honest, we should be 5-3. Lucky in Frisco game with last second pass. Last second missed field goal against Ravens. Even the win against the GB Slackers made me nervous towards the end.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Farve takes the Vikes to the Super Bowl.

TriplexXxSports
11-02-2009, 05:40 PM
You'tr good people too! Great response! Made me laugh!

To be honest, we should be 5-3. Lucky in Frisco game with last second pass. Last second missed field goal against Ravens. Even the win against the GB Slackers made me nervous towards the end.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Farve takes the Vikes to the Super Bowl.

As I hate to admit it, you will have the NFC North locked as soon as you hit 9-?. Then I have to eat my Nike's, toe first, and wipe my sweet tears on my new NFL Auctions Brett Favre Gamer. :eek:

MLB_Authentic
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
The way the Bears are playing, the Vikes already have it locked up.

TriplexXxSports
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM

NO FAITH......

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 06:48 PM
On a more serious note.....something I'm going to make a serious attempt to adhere to ;) .....check out this viewpoint on Favre.

It's a bit long, but this guy says things most sports writers don't have the guts to say.....it's pretty impressive, whether you agree or not....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10325372/It/'s-the-Truth:-Favre/'s-proving-Thompson-wrong

Good reading....

sox83cubs84
11-08-2009, 10:28 PM

After today, I would agree with you. The Bears were pantsed in thier own stadium by Arizona:( , and Green Bay suffered the indignity of losing to a previously winless team.

Oh, well, there's always the Blackhawks and Bulls...

Dave M.
Chicago area

suicide_squeeze
11-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Another day at the office for Favre....

344 yards

20/29

1 TD

0 Int

Vikings.......8 wins, 1 loss

Pretty impressive. I think at this point everyone has to start believing that the Vikings are a serious possibility, and the likely favorite, for the Super Bowl as the NFC Champion......I mean, who's going to beat them?? The Saints??? REALLY???

allstarsplus
11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Another day at the office for Favre....

344 yards

20/29

1 TD

0 Int

Vikings.......8 wins, 1 loss

Pretty impressive. I think at this point everyone has to start believing that the Vikings are a serious possibility, and the likely favorite, for the Super Bowl as the NFC Champion......I mean, who's going to beat them?? The Saints??? REALLY???

He is real and has been amazing....but can his arm hold up for 7 more games, 2 playoff games and the Super Bowl.

They need to give him at least one personal bye week IMHO

BULBUS
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
After the last few years, I'm not believing that he will hold up. The Saints are a better team, and with a slightly easier schedule, the road to the Super Bowl is going through New Orleans.

As a Giants fan, I hope my team can right the ship and run the table as a Wild Card again ;)

3arod13
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
He is real and has been amazing....but can his arm hold up for 7 more games, 2 playoff games and the Super Bowl.

They need to give him at least one personal bye week IMHO

As a long time Viking fan, how great it would be to win a Super Bowl. Vikes are 0-4 in the Super Bowl. Also, the year the Vikes were 15-1 and destined for the Super Bowl, they lose to Atlantic. I felt that was there year, but they blew it.

Com'on Brett, bring us a Super Bowl!

And if he does, he needs to retire on a high note.

Regards, Tony

sox83cubs84
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
As a long time Viking fan, how great it would be to win a Super Bowl. Vikes are 0-4 in the Super Bowl. Also, the year the Vikes were 15-1 and destined for the Super Bowl, they lose to Atlantic. I felt that was there year, but they blew it.

Com'on Brett, bring us a Super Bowl!

And if he does, he needs to retire on a high note.

Regards, Tony

And if he doesn't, he'll retire anyway in January, hint that he plans to unretire in June, and sign a contract in August.:mad:

Dave M.
Chicago area

3arod13
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Brett Favre continues his great play as a 40 yr old QB. Today's numbers:

22 of 25, 213 yrds, 4 TD's, 0 Interceptions

Regards, Tony

suicide_squeeze
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Brett Favre continues his great play as a 40 yr old QB. Today's numbers:

22 of 25, 213 yrds, 4 TD's, 0 Interceptions

Regards, Tony

Tony,

You beat me to it today!!!

I think it's safe to say there are only three National Conference teams that will be battling to make it to the Super Bowl to play the Colts (ha ha)....

It's only between the Vikings....the Saints....and my Wild Card favorite (also because of their quarterback)...the Cardinals.

The rest of the NFC can just wind down their seasons already....

allstarsplus
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Tony,

You beat me to it today!!!

I think it's safe to say there are only three National Conference teams that will be battling to make it to the Super Bowl to play the Colts (ha ha)....

It's only between the Vikings....the Saints....and my Wild Card favorite (also because of their quarterback)...the Cardinals.

The rest of the NFC can just wind down their seasons already....

Quite a game. Looking forward to seeing what they have to say during the Toyotal Halftime Show on NBC tonight!

sox83cubs84
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Two losses in the last three games, throwing interceptions in those games at just short of a Jay Cutler pace, a tiff with the coach about coming out of the game...looks like the wheels are starting to fall off of the Diva QB and the little purple machine.:) Of course, the official NFL get well card for playoff teams, the Bears, come up next.:mad: Although it likely won't happen, it would still be fun to see the unraveling continue...

Dave M.
Chicago area

NEFAN
12-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Exactly what I expected and hoped would happen.

cledawgs
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Looks like he is pressing...kind of the bad brett throws.

legaleagle92481
12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
They (the Vikings) are in trouble it is possible that Philly could even edge them for a first round bye. Regardless I think no matter who comes out of the NFC that the Chargers will end up the Champs.

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
The question at the beginning of the season was whether Favre's ego or 40 year old arm would cause a purple implosion ! Well, I think it might be both at the same time. He's made more bad throws the last three weeks than the whole first half of the season. Since when does a player decide whether he comes out or not ? Only in Favreland ! The Vikings deserve everything they get for treating Favre like a prodigal son !

3arod13
12-22-2009, 11:30 AM
And here they come. Haven’t heard much from you Favre haters most of the season. Couldn’t wait for this moment, could you! Chill out and relax!!

ivo610
12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Favre is proving everyone right that said he was a self centered Diva. I laugh at the fans who take him seriously.

3arod13
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Favre is proving everyone right that said he was a self centered Diva. I laugh at the fans who take him seriously.

Everyone knows how Favre is. That's old news.

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 12:56 PM
It's easy to be a Favre hater when he appears on the cover of Sports Illustrated claiming he "Finally feels like he's home." Come on, you're telling me a man that was surely hated by Vikings fans for years now feels like he is home ? it's the ultimate HYPOCRISY !

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 12:57 PM
This is the cover I was referring to ! I'm sure everyone's seen it !

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
So Brett, what did it feel like when you were playing in Green Bay? You had a street named after you. A restaurant in your namesake as well ! If that doesn't feel like home what does ? Being a Bears fan I have no interest in either of these franchises succeeding. But you really gotta feel for Packer fans. Especially in the Game/Used or autograph field. Imagine being a fan of the Pack and spending huge dollars on a Favre gamer and then have him turn around and go on a mission to spite your team ! He then succeeds. Do you keep that on your wall ? Hell No ! Favre has already played his Super Bowl. Twice this year, both times against Green Bay. Don't expect much more from him this year Viking fans !

3arod13
12-22-2009, 01:25 PM
So Brett, what did it feel like when you were playing in Green Bay? You had a street named after you. A restaurant in your namesake as well ! If that doesn't feel like home what does ? Being a Bears fan I have no interest in either of these franchises succeeding. But you really gotta feel for Packer fans. Especially in the Game/Used or autograph field. Imagine being a fan of the Pack and spending huge dollars on a Favre gamer and then have him turn around and go on a mission to spite your team ! He then succeeds. Do you keep that on your wall ? Hell No ! Favre has already played his Super Bowl. Twice this year, both times against Green Bay. Don't expect much more from him this year Viking fans !

Let it go my friend! Just let it go!

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm just saying I hate seeing collectors waste their money on what was a surely good investment at the time. It's just a shame sometimes how professional athletes treat their fans.

3arod13
12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm just saying I hate seeing collectors waste their money on what was a surely good investment at the time. It's just a shame sometimes how professional athletes treat their fans.

Understand. But it happens all the time in sports. I don't think Favre did his fans wrong. It's a business. I'm a big Arod fan. If he leaves NY, oh well. I will still collect Arod stuff, just like I did when he was with Seattle, then Texas, and now NY.

otismalibu
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
That's a Photoshopped cover that's been making the round for quite some time. Some of you Vikes fan should be able to spot a purple Packers jersey. :D

It's not a real cover.

http://www.sicovers.com/data/default/images/catalog/medium/SPR20071210.jpg

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
i pulled that cover right from a Google listing !

ivo610
12-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Understand. But it happens all the time in sports. I don't think Favre did his fans wrong. It's a business. I'm a big Arod fan. If he leaves NY, oh well. I will still collect Arod stuff, just like I did when he was with Seattle, then Texas, and now NY.

You dont think he did the fans wrong because your a fan of him, not the team. Total difference. And its not if you leave, its how you leave.

tjm5711
12-22-2009, 06:49 PM
You dont think he did the fans wrong because your a fan of him, not the team. Total difference. And its not if you leave, its how you leave.

EXACTLY ! AROD(like many others)was motivated primarily by money. Favre(who was offered 20 million just to sit out in '08) was motivated by revenge. Big difference, he was out to screw Green Bay from the beginning.

suicide_squeeze
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Hmmmmm......in the final 4.

Yeah, I'd say Green Bay made an error in judgement.;)

allstarsplus
01-17-2010, 11:06 PM

That first TD pass threaded the needle with the most amazing precision that the DB had no idea what happened to him.

Next week is the big test against New Orleans. If it ends for him, it has been a great ride!

Also, congrats to the Jets. Nobody on the CBS Pre-game picked the Jets.

sox83cubs84
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm almost hoping Favre DOES get to the Super Bowl, as it means less time fans have to endure his offseason-long John Kerry-style flip-flopping on whether or not to retire.

On second thought, nahhhh...GO SAINTS!!

Dave M.
Chicago area

ivo610
01-18-2010, 01:47 AM

well aaron rodgers is the highest rated QB of all time, and had a better season in GB than Favre ever had. And if you watched the AZ game I doubt you could say that favre could have done any better.

If anyone made a mistake it was favre, he would have a better shot if he stayed in NY. Reguardless of what happens in the playoffs I think if you subtract the QB from both the vikings and the Jets you would agree that the Jets have a better overall team.

TriplexXxSports
01-18-2010, 07:21 AM
....continues to grow to PISS ME OFF!

I agree with Sox! - GO SAINTS!!!!

tjm5711
01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm almost hoping Favre DOES get to the Super Bowl, as it means less time fans have to endure his offseason-long John Kerry-style flip-flopping on whether or not to retire.

On second thought, nahhhh...GO SAINTS!!

Dave M.
Chicago area

I agree with you and Matt ! I've actually been pulling for the Saints since the Bears went in the tank this year.

GO SAINTS !

mwbosoxfan
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Its only a matter of time, my man. Happens every season and this year will be no different.

Nice prediction. Maybe not to the same extent in terms of numbers (total INT's), but in terms of critical moments, you were very correct.