PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Alex Rodriguez "1st Career Grand Slam" Game Used Bat

3arod13
10-19-2009, 06:09 AM
1996 ALEX RODRIGUEZ "1ST CAREER GRAND SLAM" GAME USED BAT

First, I want to thank Juan Iglesias, a Game Used Universe member since 06-05-2006, for selling me this bat, and making it my #1 piece in my collection. He showed me this bat a few years ago. Over the past few years, I asked him that if he ever decided to sell it, to please contact me first. A couple months a go, the offer came, and I was excited. As many of you know, I sold my Arod 1st HR signed ticket; my 3 1994 signed baseballs, and a few other items in order to buy this bat. When I received, it was more than well worth it. Bat shows awesome use! Here is what the letter from Juan reads:

This letter serves as full and unequivocal proof of this bats authenticity. I have been a Major League Baseball Player Representative for over 20 years, and have accumulated many interesting pieces of game used memorabilia from players throughout my career.
This particular piece is a 1996 Louisville Slugger Genuine C271 (Black) Alex Rodriguez Seattle Mariners Game Used Bat, in which Alex Rodriguez used during the entire two-game series between the Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners on 17-18 April 1996, and is the actual bat he used to hit his “1st Career Grand Slam” in the 2nd inning off Clint Sodowsky on 18 April 1996. This Grand Slam was also his 8th Home Run of his career. This bat has a slight grain separation in the handle and displays heavy use. Alex Rodriguez signed this bat with the notation, “1st Career Grand Slam against Detroit.”
Alex Rodriguez gave this bat to me as a gift. It was obtained directly from Alex Rodriguez, and personally delivered to me by Joe Dunand Sr, who is Alex Rodriguez’s half-brother. This bat has been in my possession and in my personal collection since 1996, until I sold it to Tony Baldwin of Chesapeake, Virginia on this date. Regards, Juan C. Iglesias. Iglesias Sports Management.

As a collector and game used collector, this is one of those times when you look at your new pick-up and say "this a dream comes true."

Regards, Tony

3arod13
10-19-2009, 06:14 AM
If you look in the background of Juan's picture of his collection, you can see this signed Arod picture on the wall, which is the third picture down on the left side.

Eurostar09
10-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Fantastic piece! WOW :D

cjclong
10-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Congratulations Tony. Its great when you get something game used you really want by one of your favorite players. And ARod is having a very nice playoff so far.

yanks12025
10-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Very nice bat.

sportscrazy13
10-19-2009, 12:05 PM
WOW! Awesome bat... definitely worth selling your other stuff. I'm jealous now:)

GrndSlm
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Tony, Im really happy that you obtained this bat...After hearing your story with the Rawlings I started to think that maybe I should give you the ability to buy this bat. I really didnt sell it for the money because I guarantee you that a nice auction would have fetched more. But, I know and wanted you to have a quality Alex piece in your collection. Im glad you are happy.

Regards,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

WadeInBmore
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Tony, Im really happy that you obtained this bat...After hearing your story with the Rawlings I started to think that maybe I should give you the ability to buy this bat. I really didnt sell it for the money because I guarantee you that a nice auction would have fetched more. But, I know and wanted you to have a quality Alex piece in your collection. Im glad you are happy.

Regards,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Well said Juan. Thats what collecting IS all about...appreciation of and for. I'm glad to see this happened as I was curious why Tony had his A Rod auto'd baseball collection on ebay. Hats off to both of you gentleman. This is what this hobby is all about.

wade

mariner_gamers
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Very, very, nice gamer!! I am soooo jealous!!!

allstarsplus
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM

Regards,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan - That was a really nice thing you did for Tony given that the bat has been in your personal collection for over 13 years, and also of thinking of Tony and his collection versus putting several hundred dollars more in your pocket if you put it in an auction. Given the timing of how ARod is playing, his items are probably selling at a very big premium now.

I just looked at bats on eBay and there's a Best Offer ARod HR #552 bat with 3 offers and an asking price of $8,999 and it is a Grand Slam bat!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-HR-552-BAT-YANKEES-JSA_W0QQitemZ260393295106QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ca0a65d02

Your bat in my opinion is more special as it was his ARod's 1st Grand Slam!

Great to read nice things like this!

joelsabi
10-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Regards,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan,

This is what makes this hobby so great. Peope like you make this a great hobby.

I never offered to buy your bat because I knew it was out of my price range. No doubt you could have fetched a good amount of change for this item.

I am glad this super unique item is in the hand of a great ARod fan and through your generosity and kindness made this happen.

Regards,

Joel

Tony,

I remember another thread where you showed me the photo of this bat. I knew right then and there that was going into your collection sometime in the future. I just didn't know it was going to happen so soon. I am so happy for you.

Regards

Joel

markize
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Tony,

good for you!!! It couldn't have happened to a better person-you deserveed it!! The bat looks great!

Juan,

classy move!

Mark

joelsabi
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
If you look in the background of Juan's picture of his collection, you can see this signed Arod picture on the wall, which is the third picture down on the left side.

Juan,

I remember reading about Jose Canseco and Alex Rodriguez going to Cuba on a relief trip. So you were there as well. Just wanted background on what was actually done. I think it shows that Jose Canseco does have a good side in him but its never publicized.

Regards,

Joel

3arod13
10-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Many thanks to all of you for the kinds words. unbelievable forum! Unbelievable people! Many of you have made the comment “We are like a family.” Whether during good times, bad times, misunderstandings, disagreements, etc., in the end, we are a family.

I’ve been told by a few individuals who sell game used memorabilia that GUU is nothing but a bunch of individuals who are clueless, and add nothing but negativity to the GU hobby. Well, I realize why that was said. GUU is a threat to many out there who aren’t doing business honestly, and GUU usually uncovers those individuals. GUU makes those individuals constantly having to look over their shoulders, because they know GUU is watching. I also know that many of those who made those comments to me, come to this forum to read what is being said, but never post. That tells me that GUU is making a big difference in the GU hobby.

Kudos to all of you! I trust your opinions, before anyone else.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
10-20-2009, 06:12 AM

Regards,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan, as I have been doing for the past few weeks, and will continue to do so for years to come, I can’t thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to obtain such a quality and significant bat as this one to my Arod collection. As you and I both know, you could have received much more for the bat than what I paid. However, it was more important for you to do a nice thing for a fellow collector, than it was to put more money in your pocket. I truly admire and commend you for your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I think it’s really nice that this bat can be documented from Arod, to you, and then to me.

The bat will always be the prize piece in my collection.

Regards, Tony

whatupyos
10-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Many thanks to all of you for the kinds words. unbelievable forum! Unbelievable people! Many of you have made the comment “We are like a family.” Whether during good times, bad times, misunderstandings, disagreements, etc., in the end, we are a family.

I’ve been told by a few individuals who sell game used memorabilia that GUU is nothing but a bunch of individuals who are clueless, and add nothing but negativity to the GU hobby. Well, I realize why that was said. GUU is a threat to many out there who aren’t doing business honestly, and GUU usually uncovers those individuals. GUU makes those individuals constantly having to look over their shoulders, because they know GUU is watching. I also know that many of those who made those comments to me, come to this forum to read what is being said, but never post. That tells me that GUU is making a big difference in the GU hobby.

Kudos to all of you! I trust your opinions, before anyone else.

Regards, Tony

Well said Tony, well said.

whatupyos
10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Tony,

By the way.... A Rod is finally showing up in October. Its about time! haha. For all the crap I talked about him not doing squat in the past, he's finally proving me wrong. I am humbled.

Aaron

3arod13
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Tony,

By the way.... A Rod is finally showing up in October. Its about time! haha. For all the crap I talked about him not doing squat in the past, he's finally proving me wrong. I am humbled.

Aaron

Aaron, as an Arod fan, it's great to see Arod not only doing good in the post season, but also enjoying himself. You weren't wrong then, but it's nice to see him finally making a difference in the post season. Pissed me off when they walked him last night. However, I would have done the same.

I'm glad to see he is making changes in himself. Many have critized Arod on how he was more about himself, his numbers, and his own stardom. I totally agree. But hopefully that's all behind him now, and he's learned how to be about the team, and not just himself.

My only and most disappointing regret is that Arod got involved with steroids. There's no question he has the natural talent. Sadly, he tainted that by using. As an Arod fan, that truly was a major disappointment to me. But I'm glad to see him turning things around.

Go Yankees!

Regards, Tony

whatupyos
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Aaron, as an Arod fan, it's great to see Arod not only doing good in the post season, but also enjoying himself. You weren't wrong then, but it's nice to see him finally making a difference in the post season. Pissed me off when they walked him last night. However, I would have done the same.

I'm glad to see he is making changes in himself. Many have critized Arod on how he was more about himself, his numbers, and his own stardom. I totally agree. But hopefully that's all behind him now, and he's learned how to be about the team, and not just himself.

My only and most disappointing regret is that Arod got involved with steroids. There's no question he has the natural talent. Sadly, he tainted that by using. As an Arod fan, that truly was a major disappointment to me. But I'm glad to see him turning things around.

Go Yankees!

Regards, Tony

Tony,

I hear you about the steriods but what's done is done. As long as you stay true to being a fan. I always commend that. Like as in Jose Canseco, I'm not a fan of the guy but I respect that he has fans that have stuck with him through thick and thin. That's good to see.

Aaron

3arod13
10-21-2009, 03:33 AM
A couple more pics of Juan. Juan must live a pretty cool life being around baseball for his job. I'm jealous!

Regards, Tony

metsbats
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Tony,

You deserve that bat. Enjoy!

Juan as always a class act.

JCC1968
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Juan

Hope all is well, sorry to get off the subject but I have a 1997 W.S. baseball i would like to get signed by Livan Hernandez. Anyway you can help me with this?

Thanks
Jason

GrndSlm
10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Jason, send me the baseball and I will get it signed for you. He will be in Miami all of next week. Email me and I will give you my address.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

3arod13
10-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Jason, send me the baseball and I will get it signed for you. He will be in Miami all of next week. Email me and I will give you my address.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan,

You are truly a great person!

Regards, Tony

eisenreich8
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Tony, Juan, you guys made a deal that made many of us onlookers happy with the outcome.

I came on board to this thread late but I want to say I am very happy for you and the treasure that made its way into the appreciative hands the way it did.

Best always.

joelsabi
10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi Juan

Could you answer my question from earlier in the thread.

Thanks

Joel

joelsabi
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Juan

Could you answer my question from earlier in the thread.

Thanks

Joel

Hi Juan,

Sorry should make it easier by restating the question. Just wondering what assistance did Canseco and his group provide while in Cuba back in 1994. Was the mission to provide food, clothing, or medicine to the Cuban people. I think this was a great service that was not publicized. Maybe Canseco wanted it that way.

Thanks in advance

Joel

Fnazxc0114
10-22-2009, 03:45 PM
great pickup. hey tony hows retired life treating you?

3arod13
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Tony, Juan, you guys made a deal that made many of us onlookers happy with the outcome.

I came on board to this thread late but I want to say I am very happy for you and the treasure that made its way into the appreciative hands the way it did.

Best always.

Thanks! And the same goes to you Metsbats!

I have to admit that I'm still in disbelief what Juan did for me. He did something for a fellow collector, with no personal interest other than the satisfaction of making a fellow collector happy.

This isn't just any Arod game used bat. This is an early, well used, significant Arod bat. His 1st Career Grand Slam. The bat is also documented from Arod, to Juan, to me. This to me is really nice.

I'm working on finding the video of the game. I contacted MLB, Seattle Mariners, and a few tv stations in Seattle, but no luck so far. Arod's website, www.arod.com (http://www.arod.com), has the video clip of him hitting the home run, but it's not a close up or of good quality. You know me, I'll keep pressing.

As we all have done, I've become close to a few people without having met them. Just communicating via GUU and email. Joel and I are big Arod collectors, and have emailed each other plenty. Even talked on the phone.

The main thing I like about the people in GUU is, they genuine collectors. Not out to rip anyone off. Not out to screw anyone over. They share information...find deals for each other...and most importantly, are genuine about the game used hobby.

Thanks for all the great comments! Juan, I will never forget this!

Regards, Tony

3arod13
10-22-2009, 03:51 PM
great pickup. hey tony hows retired life treating you?

Retirement from the Navy, yes. Retirement for good, no. I'm back working for the government as a GS-12. Doing the same job, on the same base, but at a different command.

Still working around the military, so the only real difference is: I don't have to wear the uniform; don't have to stand watches, not on call 24/7, but best of all, I get to wear civilian clothes and am called Tony instead of sir.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Here's pictures of Arod, Canseco, and Juan during their 1994 trip to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

joelsabi
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Here's pictures of Arod, Canseco, and Juan during their 1994 trip to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Tony,

Thanks for sharing. Very cool. looks like kid school supplies in the box. Nice that Juan was able to share this with you. Charity good works are unheralded blessings. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Regards,

Joel

GrndSlm
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Joel, we did several toy drives here in Miami and used the Marlins airplane to ship everything to guantanamo bay cuba. There were 1000's of kids without any distractions at all. They lived in tents and really had nothing to do. Alex and Jose had a hitting display in a makeshift field and we visited every single camp. The govt did not allow us to take food or water because all of that was under control. But, look at one of the photos were Arod is giving out toys to a large group of kids. Alll those kids were fighting and scratching to get the toys. Unbelievable !!!

Juan Iglesias
GrndSLm@aol.com

joelsabi
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Joel, we did several toy drives here in Miami and used the Marlins airplane to ship everything to guantanamo bay cuba. There were 1000's of kids without any distractions at all. They lived in tents and really had nothing to do. Alex and Jose had a hitting display in a makeshift field and we visited every single camp. The govt did not allow us to take food or water because all of that was under control. But, look at one of the photos were Arod is giving out toys to a large group of kids. Alll those kids were fighting and scratching to get the toys. Unbelievable !!!

Juan Iglesias
GrndSLm@aol.com

Juan,

Thanks for the reply. I love historical stuff.

So what month were you in Guantanamo? Were these kids that were detained from leaving Cuba? I just read online that around September 1994 is when many Cubans made make shift vessels to travel to Miami, due to the economic crisis in Cuba.

Regards,

Joel

3arod13
07-10-2010, 12:38 PM
My 1996 Alex Rodriguez 1st Career GrandSlam Bat has been fully documented from Arod to Juan to myself. Thanks to Andrew Lang, it all came together. Andrew is awesome to deal with. I hounded with him email after email, and he answered every one, showing nothing but professionalism. To be honest, if it were me, I would have gotten on my own nerves :)

Here the awesome part about this bat. Arod will soon break the all time GrandSlam record:

LOU GEHRIG 23
ALEX RODRIGUEZ 21
MANNY RAMIREZ 21
EDDIE MURRAY 19
WILLEY MCCOVEY 18
ROBIN VENTURA 18

flota89
07-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Awesome bat!

nationals2k9
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
That's really cool and Andrew is great as many of us know....

Only problem with your post is MANNY RAMIREZ will soon be the all-time grand slam leader (but A-Rod may pass him one day) :)

3arod13
07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
That's really cool and Andrew is great as many of us know....

Only problem with your post is MANNY RAMIREZ will soon be the all-time grand slam leader (but A-Rod may pass him one day) :)

Arod has 3 grandslams this year. How many does Manny have this year?

sportscrazy13
07-10-2010, 06:35 PM
My Dream bat!

3arod13
07-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Tony, wow! Great bat and awesome Documentation. Pretty cool! That's what it's all about.

3arod13
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Tony, wow! Great bat and awesome Documentation. Pretty cool! That's what it's all about.

Thanks Tony, for the kind words. It is pretty awsome! Nice to have a bat like this, with documentation and a picture of the player signing it. This is how it should be done!

Again, thanks for the kind words!

otismalibu
07-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Posting ID mishap?

Multiple personalities?

What are the chances he tries to sell the bat to himself?

3arod13
07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Posting ID mishap?

Multiple personalities?

What are the chances he tries to sell the bat to himself?

I thought it was funny. I was surprised this didn't get a few more comments. But then again, it is Arod :)

I think it's pretty cool to have a pic of Arod signing the actual letter.

LastingsMilledge85
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Why is this thread started again? http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=29879&highlight=Alex+Rodriguez+1st+Career

allstarsplus
07-22-2010, 09:47 PM
When I left for the All Star game in Anaheim a week and 1/2 ago, I missed this thread.

Thanks for your kind words. You are very welcome. It took a while but in the end it got done!

It was also cool that ARod gave a real nice full sig.

So I also see he hit #599 today and will be great watching #600 fly out!

Again congrats and thanks again for your kind words!

nationals2k9
07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
ha - nice question!!

it is a great bat for an A-rod guy... I sometimes don't know why bats I am excited about don't get comments too but to each his own.

3arod13
07-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Why is this thread started again? http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=29879&highlight=Alex+Rodriguez+1st+Career

It's comments and attitudes like this that keeps so many of the good people from posting who used to participate in this site on a daily basis.
This comment serves nothing more than to be negative. Why make it?

I miss how this forum was when I first joined.

nationals2k9
07-23-2010, 03:46 AM
I think Lastings is just asking why we're all now supposed to celebrate this pick-up with you when you already have a huge thread on the same bat back in October. Is this new thread to thank Andrew for his help in putting together some type of documentation? That'd be the only thing I can guess. Maybe it's just not clear to everyone. And then when you posted your own sarcastic reply and replied to it, that only confused the situation. Did you get bored and decide you want more exposure or is there a good reason to post this bat a second time? Please let us know where we're wrong vs. telling us this site will never be what it used to be, etc. When I jokingly posted about Manny breaking the record first (the guy I collect) just to throw in some casual competitive banter, you seemed to shoot back at me a serious rigid answer that I never intended to generate. But I didn't complain about it or other members of this Forum! Maybe the issue is not taking everything so literally and avoid going down the road that if you don't hear exactly what you expected to hear about your nice bat... it's not the end of the world.

3arod13
07-23-2010, 05:29 AM
I think Lastings is just asking why we're all now supposed to celebrate this pick-up with you when you already have a huge thread on the same bat back in October. Is this new thread to thank Andrew for his help in putting together some type of documentation? That'd be the only thing I can guess. Maybe it's just not clear to everyone. And then when you posted your own sarcastic reply and replied to it, that only confused the situation. Did you get bored and decide you want more exposure or is there a good reason to post this bat a second time? Please let us know where we're wrong vs. telling us this site will never be what it used to be, etc. When I jokingly posted about Manny breaking the record first (the guy I collect) just to throw in some casual competitive banter, you seemed to shoot back at me a serious rigid answer that I never intended to generate. But I didn't complain about it or other members of this Forum! Maybe the issue is not taking everything so literally and avoid going down the road that if you don't hear exactly what you expected to hear about your nice bat... it's not the end of the world.

The purpose of THIS thread is obvious: To SHOW OFF the letter signed by Arod; the picture of Arod signing the letter; and to thank Andrew Lang for helping me obtain both. All three of which are new and not listed in the original thread, which was showing off the bat itself.

This thread was not posted to celebrate the bat itself again. It was to celebrate obtaining the letter, picture, and thanking Andrew!

My own post was meant to be humuous, not sarcastic. when posting it, I was laughing thinking it was funny. At least OTISMALIBU got that. His reply made me laugh.

Just like when we all post our stuff, we all look forward to reading the comments and praise for our collecting achievements. Same in this case.

Even you posted yourself, "I sometimes don't know why bats I am excited about don't get comments too but to each his own." I will agree that no one is required to make comments, but obtaining the documentation and picture that I did, I thought was pretty significant, and would have thought it would have generated a few more comments, hence my humorous post (or sarcastic post, as some took it).

I was excited about obtaining the documentation and picture of Arod signing it. This is something to be excited about and want to show off.

You say when you jokingly posted about Manny breaking the record first (the guy I collect) just to throw in some casual competitive banter, I seemed to shoot back at you a serious rigid answer that I never intended to generate. I don't see my reply at all as a serious rigid answer. I just said Arod has 3 Grand Slams this year, how many does manny have this year, which counters your statement that Manny will break it first. If you took that personal because Manny is your boy, then sorry about that.

We make many choices in life. I now make the choice to join those who decided to stay away and stop posting in this forum. Like anything else in life, when things aren't fun anymore, it's time to move on.

Enjoy and wish you all the best!

tigerdale
07-23-2010, 06:12 AM
great bat Tony!!

cjclong
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Tony, if you chose not to post any more we'll miss you. You and Suave used to have some interesting debates about ARod. Don't know why some people feel compelled to attack others. Glad you got the bat documented and if you are still reading I hope you see ARod hit 600.

yankees506
07-23-2010, 09:31 AM
No Need To photomatch anymore huh Tony? Or is that considered a photomatch on Alex signing the letter??? ;) GREAT bat Of the future grandslam and HR leader!

LastingsMilledge85
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
You totally misinterpreted the tone of how I asked. I just simply wanted to know why the same thread was back again, I though I missed something and when I initially saw this thread I thought maybe the bat was sold again? Which would seem unrealistic. Everybody lighten up.

STLHAMMER32
07-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or has this forum become overly sensitive?! whatever happened to a nice solid debate or the ability to read into some sarcastic humor.

I know its really nice to hear compliments and hear praise but there are plenty who view it and enjoy it without their comments. There are some that view things and think "well thats not that great" and likewise don't post anything. Then there are a few who jus comment to comment I'm sure.

Bottom line is not everyone on here appreciates or shares the same collecting interests. Obviously not everyone shares the same beliefs or opinions but nice debates and good discussions or what make this forum great. I have learned alot since I've been a member of this forum and met some great people.....if we don't stop taking everything so personal we are just going to lose valuable members who get sick and tired of the highschool drama.

When did we become so darn sensitive?!

allstarsplus
07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Is it just me or has this forum become overly sensitive?! whatever happened to a nice solid debate or the ability to read into some sarcastic humor.

I think that to be a really good collector you have to have a lot of passion. Passion sometimes spills over to emotion. Emotion spills over to being sensitive. Words can always be misinterpreted so this won't be the first or last time that sensitivities were pushed.

Tony is as passionate a collector as there is with ARod. If ARod wasn't aware of who Tony was before, he knows now when he was handed the LOA to sign.

This bat surely is a HOF worthy piece and again I think it is great how Tony pursued it!

STLHAMMER32
07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I think that to be a really good collector you have to have a lot of passion. Passion sometimes spills over to emotion. Emotion spills over to being sensitive. Words can always be misinterpreted so this won't be the first or last time that sensitivities were pushed.

Tony is as passionate a collector as there is with ARod. If ARod wasn't aware of who Tony was before, he knows now when he was handed the LOA to sign.

This bat surely is a HOF worthy piece and again I think it is great how Tony pursued it!

I wasn't meaning Tony specifically, it just seems like there is a lot of sensitivity in general. Passion is certainly part of the hobby and what keeps me interested in learning and finding items....when it does spill into sensitivity I think thats when we have problems as a collecting community....

schubert1970
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
IMHO I thought an e-mail would suffice, assuming he has Andrew's e-mail.

Fnazxc0114
07-23-2010, 09:12 PM
good news and nice coa. I like the coa's that have a pic of the player holding the item. Its something id like to see all the memorabilia dealers go to.

joelsabi
07-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Tony,

Glad you were able to document the prize of your collection. As always you seek the best type of authentication and having a photo of Alex signing your document makes it even better.

Keep us posted when you are able to get video for this game. Knowing you, you won't stop until you get a photomatch for this bat.

Regards

Joel

PS Check your email.