PDA

View Full Version : Steve Carlton

sportscentury
06-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm always interested to know what Steve Carlton game used items people have.

Reid

hblakewolf
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Reid-
I have the following game worn Phillies items in my collection:
1982 pre-game/batting practice jersey and pants
1983 World Series road jersey and pants
1986 home jersey and pants (last shirt he wore at the Vet)
1986 St. Patrick's green hat

One of the finest items I also have is Carlton's 1983 National League Champions ring.

I am always seeking quality game worn Carlton and better name Phillies jerseys for my colection.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sportscentury
06-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks, Howard. You know what I think of your collection. Incredible. I noticed earlier today that John Taube has Carlton's first ever World Series bat on his website - a true beauty. At one time, I owned Carlton's first ever All Star Game bat. Right now, I have his 1985 home Phillies jersey and his final ever game worn fielding glove. I would be particularly interested in obtaining early Carlton Phillies jerseys and fielding gloves. Anyone else have Carlton game worn items? I know of a forum member who has a killer Steve Carlton White Sox complete uniform (that came from the Mastro Carlton Collection - simply perfect). Anyone else?

sportscentury
07-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Still looking for Steve Carlton game used (and unusual) items. Thanks,
Reid

skipcareyisfat
07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
What are your thoughts on the Carlton helmet in AM's current auction? I understand Joe Hetrick was selling off a number of old Phils helmets. Is this one of them?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=29168

hblakewolf
07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
The helmet looks legit, however, know what you are buying, here.

I have quite a few early 1980's Phillies helmets, and most have the spongy grey padding rotting. It's a real shame, as the padding is like a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time before the padding is completely gone!

From the looks of it, the Carlton may have the same problem. I suggest contacting Vick, Keeta or Col. Rask at AMI before placing a bid.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sportscentury
07-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I suggest contacting Vick, Keeta or Col. Rask at AMI before placing a bid. Howard Wolf

The only photos I have of Lefty batting with the Phils show him wearing helmets without an ear flap; I really don't know about this helmet and I defer to Howard's evaluation. In addition to General James Rast and the other characters at AMI, Rocco is always a big help. How did that chant go again?

hblakewolf
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Reid-
The helmet looks like early 1980's. As always, do your homework and try to locate a photo of him wearing this type of flapped helmet. I never noticed if he wore a flapless for part or his entire career, however, you have surfaced a great point.

As all sales are final at American Memorabila, you damn well better know what you ar buying. Does this have a LOA from Lampson?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sportscentury
07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Reid-
The helmet looks like early 1980's. As always, do your homework and try to locate a photo of him wearing this type of flapped helmet. I never noticed if he wore a flapless for part or his entire career, however, you have surfaced a great point.

As all sales are final at American Memorabila, you damn well better know what you ar buying. Does this have a LOA from Lampson?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

As you know, I have amassed a very good collection of Carlton photos...however, I don't have a ton of him batting and the ones that I do have show him in a flapless helmet.

As for your question, the answer is OF COURSE.

Reid

sportscentury
08-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Bump.

Still looking for top Steve Carlton game used and game worn items. Other museum-quality Carlton items also of interest. Thanks,

Reid

skyliner59
12-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Here's an odball. 1986 giants jersey.

sportscentury
12-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks, but not looking for a Giants jersey. Thank you, though.
Reid

Randarino
12-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I have a Carlton 1986 game-used road Phillies jersey for sale.

karamaxjoe
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Reid,
Check out some of the photos of the Sox Carlton uniform on my website. You know I'm not interested in selling unless I were blown away with a nice Sox item. Take care and good luck.

Mike

http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/index.htm