PDA

View Full Version : MY PROBLEM WITH AMI21, American Memorabilia......

mchmaj
11-23-2005, 01:31 PM
i want to share my experince with VIC , as i dont know his full name, but as i know its VIC. Anyway i called( i had to use relay because i am deaf and i cannot speak on phone and relay is only way i can call him) him to see if i could sell or cosign the 1983 joe montana 49ers jersey with him, HE HUNG UP ON ME !!! He didnt like relay and i asked for his email address and he was upset and HUNG UP. does he think i am trying to sell him bad jerseys or what ever happened VIC. Doesnt AMI21 should be friendly and working with anyone really ???
AS i asked other people and they told me the bestest house auciton is AMI21 so i want to put my jersey in there and it will go well .... so what do you guys suggest ??? if it can help, anyone know VICs email address so i can send him pictures to proof its legit !!! just need move the montana fast

by the way, i would think AIM, AOL screennames and Instant Message would help me to share the jerseys to each other and it can send picture of jerseys thur IM which is nice and faster for me , what you all think ??

any help will be great

thank you sirs
marcus chmaj

kingjammy24
11-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Marcus,

Personally I would go with Mastronet over AMI or Greyflannel. You might also want to consider Lelands.

www.mastronet.com (http://www.mastronet.com)

www.lelands.com (http://www.lelands.com)

Rudy.

Bernie J. Gernay
11-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Marcus:

Call AMI and ask for Tony. He is a really pleasant guy who will be more than happy to chat with you. Tell him I told you to ask for him. He won't hang up on you I guarantee that.

ironmanfan
11-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Marcus:

Better yet, call AMI and ask for James Rast (tell him I sent you). After being hung up on, I wouldn't give them a second thought on consigning a quality item such as yours!

ChrisCavalier
11-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Hello Marcus-

In this post, I am not going to comment on which auction house to use for your item. I think there are a number of auction houses where you can do equally well with a Montana jersey.

However, I did want to suggest that you try to re-contact Victor (that is his name) if AMI was recommended to you. My opinion of Victor (AMI's President) is that he is not someone who would intentionally hang up on someone who wants to consign an item to them. In fact, while there have been a number of questions on this forum about AMI that I hope Victor may some day address here, I also think Victor's intentions are to try to do what is right while competing in the very competitive auction industry.

Please note that I am not trying to justify the fact that you were hung up on. I am only saying I think it would be worth the effort to find out exactly what happened. For example, Victor may not have understood there was a relay and thought the connection wasn't working. Once again, I am not justifying the hang up. I am only saying the appearance of what happened may be different than what happened in reality.

I think it is great that you are doing your research before making a decision on what to do with your jersey. I hope you find the best option and I also hope this forum can further assist you in making that determination.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

bigtime59
11-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but lately, we have had considerable trouble at work (in high-end CE retail) with scammers using relay lines. They call at lunchtime, and pound us with questions about stuff we don't sell, working their way to stuff we do sell, then trying to get us to violate our (and the credit card companies) rules on phone orders. As relay calls take considerably longer than conventional calls, it's been a miserable, time-consuming mess, and we're all terrified now when we get a relay call.
Just shows that the lowlifes will use any avenue they can to try to rip us off.
Don't know if that's why "Vic" hung up on you...just something I've experienced.