• Nov 2005

D'backs Out Grimsley

Another one bites the dust.

• hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: D'backs Out Grimsley

Forum readers-
    Back in 1991, I obtained 2 game worn batting helmets from my Phillies contact. What made these so rare (as I later found out) was the fact that they had the American/Canadian flag sticker on the back in honor of our troops in the Desert Storm War. To this day, I have never seen another Phillies helmet surface with these stickers still intact, as the team removed them for continued wear in 1992's spring training. It was quite a thrill when I met each player later in his career and had him sign them. Dave Hollins was a very difficult player to get to sign his 1991 helmet, however, I was much luckier with my other helmet. Jason Grimsley was extremely nice and had a good laugh when he saw it. What was odd is when he indicated he had a pen to autograph it with, he reached inside his jacket and grabbed a syringe, not a pen! Just kidding. He was extremely nice, and one of the better experiences I have had getting my Phillies helmets and hats signed over the last 20 years.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• mr.miracle
      • Apr 2006

Re: D'backs Out Grimsley

Hey Howard:

What made Hollins so tough? Was he just a jerk about signing the helmet or did you have difficulty tracking him down or something else

Brett
      Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

Working...