PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate photo matched GU item

metsbats
06-09-2006, 07:27 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8825725235&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

metsbats
06-09-2006, 07:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8825725235&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

I have emailed the seller to ask for scans of the actual bat.

-David

BULBUS
06-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Seller has some nice Yankees bats listed. I asked him for pictures also. He says he'll be posting them tonight.

metsbats
06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Seller has some nice Yankees bats listed. I asked him for pictures also. He says he'll be posting them tonight.

I just got the same prompt reply. Looking forward to seeing the actual bats.

sportscentury
06-09-2006, 10:17 AM
David,

I look forward to seeing the photos of the actual bat. Your post, though, inspires an idea for another thread. Forum members could post their items and in-action photos of game used items that have been truly photomatched. I have an undeniably pinstripe-photomatched 1985 home Steve Carlton gamer that I could start the thread off with, along with Lefty's final game worn fielding glove that I have an in-action photo of him using, though I'll have to wait until I'm at home tonight on my PC to do so. To me, being able to photomatch the items in one's collection is the pinnacle of collecting satisfaction. If the actual Bernie bat truly matches the photos (though the one photo is near worthless in terms of showing detail), then this bat should carry a good premium (not to mention that it is a playoff bat of a still-current Yankee who will get Hall of Fame consideration).

Reid

Eric
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Fantastic idea

Please start a thread called "Post Your Photomatched Items Here"

Can't wait to see what's out there.

Eric

norristrophy
06-09-2006, 12:22 PM
I didn't see in the description where he openly states the bat is photomatched to the pics he's posted.

sportscentury
06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Fantastic idea

Please start a thread called "Post Your Photomatched Items Here"

Can't wait to see what's out there.

Eric

Okay, Eric, I'll start it off tonight. Thanks,
Reid

sportscentury
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I didn't see in the description where he openly states the bat is photomatched to the pics he's posted.

I didn't either - I am guessing it was assumed by folks because it is his ALCS bat that is listed and the photos may be presumed to be from the ALCS - but you raise a good point. Perhaps David and others know better from their emails with the seller.

Reid

metsbats
06-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I didn't either - I am guessing it was assumed by folks because it is his ALCS bat that is listed and the photos may be presumed to be from the ALCS - but you raise a good point. Perhaps David and others know better from their emails with the seller.

Reid

Reid & Eric,

Looking forward to the new category of posts. I believe between 2 -6 post season bats are produced by Rawlings so there may be no guarantee that the ALCS bat the seller has is the actual bat Bernie used in the ALCS photo. Not sure if the seller intended the photo match because he has other photos of regular season bats in use by players. Yet it would be interesting to see the Bernie ALCS to see if we get a photo match. It's even a greater idea to photo match our GU items and post them to the forum and in our auctions.

I'll ping the seller to see if he's intended to photo match his items in the meantime I'm excited to see what posts we get in the new catergory!

-David

both-teams-played-hard
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
In my opinion, this is a "true" photo-match of Bernie Williams. The photos show him in his full Yankees outfit, complete with matching wristbands. How do I know this? I have a Bernie Williams Topps card. IT IS HIM! Or at least, some dude who looks a lot like Bernie Williams. PERFECT "photo-match"!

metsbats
06-11-2006, 06:23 AM

Awesome typical Bernie use on this bat. Not sure I can say a photo-match here. Never the less a great bat.