Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockeytigers
    • Feb 2009

Patriots Jersey on Ebay

Below is a link to the STEPHEN GOSTOWSKI game issued jersey on ebay. It is offered by Dolphinboy and I know some people have strong feelings about him...

Does anyone think this came from the lockerroom?

Thanks!!

• sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Patriots Jersey on Ebay

I'd have to do more research to comment on the jersey as a whole, but the unusual tail tag, with the large size flag tag, is one I HAVE seen on Patriots jerseys in Getty photos and other images where the tail tags were visible.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Comment

• MichaelofSF
      • Apr 2007

my guess is NFL auctions is the source and that the jersey did not come from his locker. Gostkowski has had a few jerseys and helmets signed and auctioned off through them over the years. I cannot speak for 2006, but I know that the numbering is not the same as how it is for 2007 and on jerseys (if you care to know why I say this pm me). NFL auctions comes with psa/dna stickers and their Pats stuff tends to have blue signatures from my observations.

Comment

• MichaelofSF
        • Apr 2007

this is the exact jersey that was purchased from nfl auctions and is up on ebay now. buyer from nfl auctions: dolphinboy. The seller isn't wrongly selling it as game used, but I would say he might be incorrect in saying this is right from the locker room.

signature from NFL auctions

signature from ebay

Comment

• mvandor
          Banned
          • Apr 2007

If it is the same jersey it isn't game used. NFL auctions uses the term "authentic" to describe "pro-cut" jerseys they auction off. While nearly exact to game issued, they often don't match the size the player wears or the customizations/sleeves the player's on-field jerseys reflect.

Never saw the field or locker room.

Comment

• mvandor
            Banned
            • Apr 2007

EDIT: Sorry should have reviewed the ebay listing first. He is representing it as "game issued" "direct from the locker room". Very doubtful, nearly 100% certain it's just one of the volume of "authentics" auctioned by NFL Auctions.

SG appears to have his jerseys tailored at the waist, this jersey does not reflect that.

Comment

• hockeytigers
              • Feb 2009

Thank you everybody!!

Comment

Working...