I think I've lost some faith in PSA/DNA Taube bats/Brew fans come in...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrewCrewSackers
    • Jul 2009

I think I've lost some faith in PSA/DNA Taube bats/Brew fans come in...

JT sports site used to be my fav, not anymore. Anyone notice anything off about the Prince Fielder d-bat gamer he has on there now??? I can honestly say I have seen every Brewer game of 08 and he never used one without certain markings on the bottom knob.
    also.... The yount gamer on his site looks brand new with a little pine tar smeared on it. I also thought Yount only used cupped P72's. Any thoughts????
  • jetersbatboy
    • Jun 2008

Re: I think I've lost some faith in PSA/DNA Taube bats/Brew fans come in...

I know nothing about the two bats. But I do no if you just emal John, he would be more then likely willing to disscus that bat with you. I have exchanged a ton of emails with John and he's always willing to disscus his items.

Scott

Comment

• BrewCrewSackers
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by BrewCrewSackers
      JT sports site used to be my fav, not anymore. Anyone notice anything off about the Prince Fielder d-bat gamer he has on there now??? I can honestly say I have seen every Brewer game of 08 and he never used one without certain markings on the bottom knob.
      also.... The yount gamer on his site looks brand new with a little pine tar smeared on it. I also thought Yount only used cupped P72's. Any thoughts????
      The Yount's lazer engraving looks off to me also. It looks too much like a replica model bat.

Comment

• ndevlin
        • Mar 2008

If you guys have questions about HIS bats, why dont you just email and ask him?

I emailed him late, late last night about a bat and got an email this morning at 7am. So its not like he won't respond.

Comment

• 5kRunner
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BrewCrewSackers
          The Yount's lazer engraving looks off to me also. It looks too much like a replica model bat.
          Laser engraving? That is a brand.

Not that Mr. Taube needs my help, but according to Mr. Malta's book Yount had an order of P72's in 91 and another in 93 with no finish. He also had orders for P72C's.

I know nothing about the Fielder bat.
          SCOTT
          scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
          sigpic

Comment

• dwn1955
            • Mar 2008

If you don't want to e-mail John just give him a call. I've never had any problem getting ahold of him at his office. He's great!

Comment

• zookerman182
              • Jul 2007

taube has always been awesome to me. I would have to agree with everyone else and say if you are questioning his stuff then talk to him directly about it.
              Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

sigpic

Comment

• skyking26
                • Dec 2005

Yep, known Taube a long time. You need to talk direct; not talk about his product here beforehand.
                ROBERT KOPPEL
                Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• tbone90
                  • Nov 2008

I can only strongly suggest that anyone just email or call John. He's always been great to discuss his items with as well as bats and baseball in general.

He's a great asset to our hobby and I'm glad I get to deal with him.

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

Taube is one of the most respected person in the hobby. Instead of trying to disclaim him first, why not contact him personally first. Why burn a bridge you may need later.
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com
                    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• camarokids
                      • Jun 2006

I have a Tino Martinez 2004 Devil Rays bat I bought from JT Sports, which I like. Another forum member questioned the writing on the knob end cause it did not match his. Also there is a minor league ball mark on it.

The thread got a little bit out of hand...

Anyways JT contacted me and offered to buy the bat back.

JT also assured me the bat was good. I told him I wanted to keep it.

A great person to deal with!!!!!
                      Thank you,
                      David

This is my email address here!
                      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• rjdgonebats
                        • Sep 2005

What are the certain markings on the knob of Fielders bats??? I have only seen his uniform number ?? Could you clarify what you mean. Thank you

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

I've dealt with John. He authenticated an item for me. Responded to everyone of my emails quickly, and also when out of his way to help me on other matters. Most trustworthy person I know in the hobby.
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Masimen
                            • Jun 2008

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I have been dealing with John since I purchased my first bat from him in 95 or 96. Couldn't be a better guy to deal with.

Comment

• cjclong
                              • Feb 2006

I'll add to the comments of those who respect John. One time he knew I was looking for a Pudge bat and let me know about one. When I contacted him he said he was no longer offering the bat, he had checked it out and did not feel he could authenticate it.

Comment

Working...