Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Yankee Special Armband and Patches 1998 to

anyone have a list of armbands and patches that were added to yankee jerseys from 1995 to the present? thanks
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • cruwet
    • Mar 2008

Re: Yankee Special Armband and Patches 1998 to

I know in 2002, they had an armband for the Sept 11 home game as a tribute to the 1st anniversary. I have a Nick Johnson jersey with the evidence of it's removal.
    Attached Files

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Year Club(s) Description In memory of …
      1929 New York*(AL) Black armband on left sleeve Manager Miller Huggins
      1948 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player Babe Ruth
      1979-1980 New*York*(AL) Black armband on left sleeve Teammate Thurman Munson
      1981 New*York*(AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player Elston Howard
      1985 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Clubhouse man Pete Sheehy
      1986 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player Roger Maris
      1990 New*York*(AL) Number “1” on left sleeve Former player and manager Billy Martin
      1996 New*York*(AL) Black armband on left sleeve Broadcaster Mel Allen
      1999 New*York*(AL) Number “5” on left sleeve Former player Joe DiMaggio
      1999 New*York*(AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player Catfish Hunter
      2000 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former manager Bob Lemon
      2000 Montreal (NL) Number “9” on right sleeve Montreal Canadiens hockey great Maurice Richard
      2007 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Teammate Cory Lidle
      2007 New York (AL) Virginia Tech logo on left side of baseball cap (May 23 only) 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA
      2008 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player and broadcaster Bobby Murcer

I found armbands online.

need a list of special patches now. thanks.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• larry bourget
        • Nov 2005

i have a road grey #65, with black armband, tagged YO, (2000), size 44, Steiner L.O.A., and Steiner Box, says Adrian Hernandez. $200.U.S. as is, delivered, if anyone's interested.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by cruwet
          I know in 2002, they had an armband for the Sept 11 home game as a tribute to the 1st anniversary. I have a Nick Johnson jersey with the evidence of it's removal.
          whoa yours wasnt on the list i found. was this for one game?
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• cruwet
            • Mar 2008

Yes, I believe the armband was only worn on 9/11/02, then removed.

Comment

• joelsabi
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi

need a list of special patches now. thanks.
              1990 New*York*(AL) Number “1” on left sleeve Former player and manager Billy Martin
              1994: The MLB 150th Anniversary patch
              1995: From Aug 13th on a black # 7
              1996: Armband for Mel Allen after June 16th, during the WS a WS patch
              1997 all teams wore the Jackie Robinson patch
              1998: I don't think anything, during the WS a WS patch
              1999: A black # 5, during the WS a WS patch
              2000: I don't think anything, during the WS a WS patch
              2001: A black armband after 9/11, During WS the American Flag on back and WS patch
              2003: Team centennial patch, during WS a WS patch
              2007 New York (AL) Virginia Tech logo on left side of baseball cap (May 23 only) 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA
              2007: Black armband for Hank Bauer, a black # 10 after August 13th
              2008 New York (AL) Black armband on left sleeve Former player and broadcaster Bobby Murcer
              2008: YS Final Season patch, ASG patch during first half of season, black armband for Bobby Murcer
              2009: YS III Inaugural Season patch
              Regards,
              Joel S.
              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by cruwet
                Yes, I believe the armband was only worn on 9/11/02, then removed.
                removal of armbands info is nice to know. thanks
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                  • Aug 2005

updated

1994: The MLB 150th Anniversary patch
                  1995: From Aug 13th on a black # 7
                  1996: Armband for Mel Allen after June 16th, during the WS a WS patch
                  1997 all teams wore the Jackie Robinson patch
                  1998: I don't think anything, during the WS a WS patch
                  1999: A black # 5, during the WS a WS patch
                  2000: I don't think anything, during the WS a WS patch
                  2001 had a patch for 100 years of the american league on right sleeve and WS patch on the right sleeve
                  2001: A black armband after 9/11, During WS the American Flag on back and WS patch
                  2003: Team centennial patch, during WS a WS patch
                  2004 - the yankees wore a RICOH patch during the opening series in Japan
                  2005 - the yankees wore a salvation army patch in a september home series to honor the relief workers after Hurricane Katrina
                  2008: YS Final Season patch, ASG patch during first half of season, black armband for Bobby Murcer
                  2009: YS III Inaugural Season patch
                  Regards,
                  Joel S.
                  joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi
                    updated
                    photo sample would be appreciated on any of these armbands and patches. for location on jersey purposes. knowledge of removals during the season would be appreciated as well. thanks.
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• TFig27
                      • Oct 2006

In 08, they wore the ASG patch all season, not just first half
                      sigpic
                      TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
                      A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
                      J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• shafrancollectibles.com
                        • Jun 2006

They started the 2007 season with the black armbands in honor of Corey Lidle and then added the "10" for Rizzuto when he passed away but I am not sure they honored Bauer, unless of course they just considered the original black armbands a memory for both Lidle and Bauer.

They added the black arm band in 2008 for Murcer right around the All-Star break - I have to go through my files but from memory, they added it the day before the All-Star break to their road uniforms and then started the second half at home with the arm bands.

Comment

• BULBUS
                          • Nov 2005

Here is a thread from a while back that has a nice:

Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                          sigpic
                          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                            • Dec 2005

Ok, i have a road Set 1 Joe Cowley from 85 that doesn't have the armband for Pete Sheehy, and it doesn't seem like it's been removed; can anyone add when this band was on the jerseys? Was it on home and road? Thanks.John

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Soonerfan65
                              Ok, i have a road Set 1 Joe Cowley from 85 that doesn't have the armband for Pete Sheehy, and it doesn't seem like it's been removed; can anyone add when this band was on the jerseys? Was it on home and road? Thanks.John
                              My '85 home Yankees jersey of Dan Pasqua has the armband. He debuted on May 30, 1985 and its a Set 1 jersey. Sheehy died August 1, 1985 so it had to have been added then.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...