PDA

View Full Version : November pick-ups

markize
11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
To get the month started, I have a 2006 Alfonso Soriano game used Nationals Home jersey. Light use, and autographed. Thanks to Kim at Ball Park Heroes, and Andrew Lang who pointed this out to me. here are the pics

Mark

markize
11-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Had this for a while, but never got around to posting it. 2002-2003 Alfonso Soriano game used BP jersey. Very heavy use, and autographed. Got this during the Hunt Auctions live auction back in July. Thanks to Dan Imler who called me that morning to take part in the live bidding, and Daisy DeMarco for helping set it up. here are the pics:

Mark

gameused
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Dustin Pedroia 2009 game used road jersey

Cool base jersey shows lots of game use with dirt stains, loose threads and heavily worn wash tag. I was able to find several photo and video matches of Pedroia wearing this jersey during the season.

Thanks, Bobby

Masimen
11-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey Mark, nice pickups! Seems like your Soriano collection is getting more impressive by day!

markize
11-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey Mark, nice pickups! Seems like your Soriano collection is getting more impressive by day!

Steve,

thanks man! Some generous people willing to help me directly acquire some pieces, and some just point me in the right direction. Stay tuned....in the next week or so, I will have several more new Soriano pick-ups posted here!!

Mark

Number9
11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Great jersey Bobby.
Gotta like that wash wear on the tags. He must gave worn that one a ton.

Mike

emann
11-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Dustin Pedroia 2009 game used road jersey

Cool base jersey shows lots of game use with dirt stains, loose threads and heavily worn wash tag. I was able to find several photo and video matches of Pedroia wearing this jersey during the season.

Thanks, Bobby

Nice jersey... They actually did a good job on making the cool base style jerseys for the Sox look cool.

sox83cubs84
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Nice jersey... They actually did a good job on making the cool base style jerseys for the Sox look cool.

I agree...these are far nicer grey roads than the old Wilson/Rawlings knits or the flannel versions.

Dave M.
Chicago area

gameused
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks! Mike & emann,

Looks like he wore it for a while. I was looking at the front buttons on the jersey and all except for the last button are scratched from head first dives.

I would have posted the photo matches, but my PC that has my photo editing software is down right now. Will get them up soon.

Thanks again, Bobby

jetersbatboy
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Just Picked Up A Mo Rivera 2008 Early Season Away Jersey...Steiner LOA. The Jersey Shows Good Use, For A Pitcher! An I am Hoping To Add Another Soon!!!

markize
11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Scott,

Those numbers look like they have some serious wash wear!! I love the 08 jerseys with the final season, and AS game patches. Great jersey.

Mark

jetersbatboy
11-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Scott,

Those numbers look like they have some serious wash wear!! I love the 08 jerseys with the final season, and AS game patches. Great jersey.

Mark

Thanks Mark!! The jersey is real soft, and the numbers are bunching like crazy! A BIG THANKS TO TAYLOR FOR A GREAT DEAL!!!

sox83cubs84
11-01-2009, 11:01 PM
YOW!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just noticed...instead of the monthly pick-up thread opening hours or days early, it actually took almost 11 hours into the first day of the month for the thread to start!:rolleyes:

A new GUU record?:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

markize
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
YOW!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I just noticed...instead of the monthly pick-up thread opening hours or days early, it actually took almost 11 hours into the first day of the month for the thread to start!:rolleyes:

A new GUU record?:p

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave,

it took me 5 minutes of searching to realize there was not a November thread! I thought it was removed due to the GUU auction......just kidding Chris :p

Mark

allstarsplus
11-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Yesterday was an amazing show with Lou Brock, Carlton Fisk, Reggie Jackson, Fergie Jenkins, Harmon Killebrew, Gaylord Perry, Frank Robinson, Ozzie Smith, Frank Howard, and Ryan Zimmerman.

I got this great Zim HR jersey (HR#31) signed which was also his 100th RBI of the season.

What was most impressive was how Zim signed which was so similar to Cal Ripken as he signed for everyone, talked to everyone, and then posed for photos.

By the way, Zim was the number 1 seller at the show for the public!

Ryan is signing with Emil of Locker Room Memorabilia.

There's my jersey on the table!

There's the jersey closeup!

One of the many happy fans getting a photo.

Zim's 1st Manager Frank Robinson stopped by to see Zim. That was a really cool moment as Frank tracked Zim down.

kingjammy24
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
...Ryan is signing with Emil of Locker Room Memorabilia.

looking at that set-up, you do kind of wonder how each piece is tracked. that is, in one of the shots, what zimmerman is supposed to inscribe is written on a piece of paper. it's a jersey from a specific HR. you do wonder how emil tracks each jersey from immediately after the game to the time that they're signed. it seems that zimmerman just signs whatever he's told to sign. with so many arod errors, i'm curious what systems are employed with other players.

rudy.

cohibasmoker
11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Just picked up some items relating to Pittsburgh sports.

-The Steelers items belonged to Donta Jones and they include his helmet which is hammered with wear, a pair of pants, a team signed football and some presentation gameballs.

-The Pirates jersey appears to be all-original. It has consistent wear throughout the jersey. The Rawlings tag is located on the inside of the front flap on the right side. It may have been worn by Bob Skinner.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

sox83cubs84
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Just picked up some items relating to Pittsburgh sports.

-The Steelers items belonged to Donta Jones and they include his helmet which is hammered with wear, a pair of pants, a team signed football and some presentation gameballs.

-The Pirates jersey appears to be all-original. It has consistent wear throughout the jersey. The Rawlings tag is located on the inside of the front flap on the right side. It may have been worn by Bob Skinner.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

My fellow American,

If the jersey is a bigge rsize (like a 46 or 48), Skinner would be the likely user. Also, the presence of a regular (as opposed to a straight tail) would most likely date it to 1974 or maybe 1975...I don't recall if Rawlings or Wilson made the 1975 roads, but Wilson did the 1976s.

Dave M.
Chicago are

sox83cubs84
11-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Just looked again at the photos and can't tell if it's a road or home. Rawlings made all the 1970-76 homes, so, if it is a home, 1974-75 is the likely time frame. Possible exceptions: a round patch imprint on the right sleeve (NL 100 years) would be 1976, and one on the left sleeve (Clemente memoriam) would be 1973...I can't recall whether 1973 or 1974 was the year Rawlings started using full cut tails on their gamers.

Dave M.
Chicago area

cohibasmoker
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Dave - another forum member has a similar jersey and he feels my jersey is from 1974.

-There aren't any outlines on either sleeve so 73 and 76 is out.
-The jersey was made by Rawlings it is a size 40.
-The numbers and letters all have the same amount of wear and fading to them while the double-knit material is really soft.
-It has creases along the front and the back and speaking of the back of the jersey, there are lots of pulls on the material and the number is frayed - perhaps from sitting against a wooden bench?

As with jerseys from this era, because on the many washings, sun exposure and general all around wear, it's really, really hard to determine if it's a home or road.

In researching the jersey, I found that the #4 has been retired by the Pirates and that's nice.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

allstarsplus
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
looking at that set-up, you do kind of wonder how each piece is tracked. that is, in one of the shots, what zimmerman is supposed to inscribe is written on a piece of paper. it's a jersey from a specific HR. you do wonder how emil tracks each jersey from immediately after the game to the time that they're signed. it seems that zimmerman just signs whatever he's told to sign. with so many arod errors, i'm curious what systems are employed with other players.

rudy.You are way off base. In all the photos I took you can see the one jersey on the table over Ryan's right shoulder on the front view. There was only 1 jersey signed with any inscription and that is it. I just took pictures from different angles. I wrote on the paper exactly how I wanted it inscribed since it was my jersey and I paid for the autograph and inscription and every thing is factual so whats the problem?

The jersey was already MLB hologram'd with the date which was 9/23/09 when the HR was hit. The jersey came directly from Ryan Zimmerman then given to the authenticator and was signed on the back. I own this jersey and took it to the signing because I wanted the stats on the front of the jersey. Some HRs are more significant than others as this one was a 3 run HR against the Dodgers to spoil a no hitter/shut out and was also RBI 98-100.

Emil is tops as far as integrity and honesty and it is a shame to even have this conversation.

The only story here is that this is an awesome jersey!

OaklandAsFan
11-04-2009, 09:28 AM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss131/Mdragon75/PB040285.jpg

Not all of them were November pickups some were in October but all of them were from Arizona Fall League games. The two pro stocks are from Doug Hogan (Rangers) and Tyler Henley (Cardinals)

kingjammy24
11-04-2009, 11:00 AM
"You are way off base."

off base on what?

"..every thing is factual so whats the problem?"

i don't know. where did i say there was a problem?

"Emil is tops as far as integrity and honesty and it is a shame to even have this conversation."

andrew what on earth are you talking about? here's my post again:

"..looking at that set-up, you do kind of wonder how each piece is tracked. that is, in one of the shots, what zimmerman is supposed to inscribe is written on a piece of paper. it's a jersey from a specific HR. you do wonder how emil tracks each jersey from immediately after the game to the time that they're signed. it seems that zimmerman just signs whatever he's told to sign. with so many arod errors, i'm curious what systems are employed with other players."

other than noting that arod has had issues with his stuff, where exactly am i saying there's a problem? i simply said that i wonder, genuinely, how these items are tracked. i think you read way too far into my post.

rudy.

allstarsplus
11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
"You are way off base."

off base on what?

"..every thing is factual so whats the problem?"

i don't know. where did i say there was a problem?

"Emil is tops as far as integrity and honesty and it is a shame to even have this conversation."

andrew what on earth are you talking about? here's my post again:

"..looking at that set-up, you do kind of wonder how each piece is tracked. that is, in one of the shots, what zimmerman is supposed to inscribe is written on a piece of paper. it's a jersey from a specific HR. you do wonder how emil tracks each jersey from immediately after the game to the time that they're signed. it seems that zimmerman just signs whatever he's told to sign. with so many arod errors, i'm curious what systems are employed with other players."

other than noting that arod has had issues with his stuff, where exactly am i saying there's a problem? i simply said that i wonder, genuinely, how these items are tracked. i think you read way too far into my post.

rudy.

Rudy - I like you and rarely disagree with you.

The words you used "seemed" to make a statement that some may take as Zimmerman signs whatever is put in front of him, and I totally disagree with that as every item that was signed and game used was documented. Sure, he signed photos, and non-game used items also.

There were only 3 items in total that got detailed inscriptions. The jersey that was referenced and 2 game used bats.

One bat was broken on a single during Ryan's 30 game hit streak and 1 bat was broken on a pitch from John Smoltz. All items were specifically referenced in the MLB database based on the MLB #'d hologram.

Those other jerseys in the background of some of those pictures you could see just had signatures and no inscriptions. Two of those jerseys were replicas.

There was a MLB Authenticator there marking every detail also in his notebook.

kingjammy24
11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
andrew

we're off-topic in this thread but i think a discussion of tracking systems is an interesting one. when i said i "..wonder how each piece is tracked.." i was being earnest, not sarcastic or accusatory. initially, all i saw were photos of him signing the shirt from an inscription that had been written for him so, in lieu of knowing the details, i asked how it was tracked. you said "The jersey was already MLB hologram'd with the date which was 9/23/09 when the HR was hit. The jersey came directly from Ryan Zimmerman then given to the authenticator and was signed on the back." and that was the explanation i was looking for. nothing "way off base" or "shameful" about any of it.

"The words you used "seemed" to make a statement that some may take as Zimmerman signs whatever is put in front of him, and I totally disagree with that as every item that was signed and game used was documented."

from the photos, it did seem that way. i think the interesting question here is how do athletes know whether the jersey in front of them is really the one in question; the one that they used to hit a particular HR, for example. with some items like bats or gloves its a lot easier for a player to personally ID them. with a jersey, it's harder.

in this particular case, the jersey was tracked via the MLB. you imply zimmerman signed it as being a specific HR jersey due to those MLB certs. hypothetically speaking, would it be hard to swap the jersey/certs with an identical procut? if this had occurred, would zimmerman or emil have noticed? if it were possible, the motive would be to end up with one MLB-certed zimmerman gamer and one procut with a "game used HR #XX" inscription from the player himself. essentially 2 gamers for the price of one. apparently, brett favre was literally signing bad jerseys put in front of him as "gamers". i don't think brett knew or could tell.

**again, i'm not making any statements against zimmerman or emil or the MLB or you. i have no doubt your jersey is exactly what you say it is. i'm simply using this particular example to earnestly discuss how these tracking systems work.

"There was a MLB Authenticator there marking every detail also in his notebook."

i think that's great and a very unique detail. ARod has signed more "HR #XX" bats than i've had hot dinners. i wonder if an MLB authenticator was present for those.

rudy.

allstarsplus
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
in this particular case, the jersey was tracked via the MLB. you imply zimmerman signed it as being a specific HR jersey due to those MLB certs. hypothetically speaking, would it be hard to swap the jersey/certs with an identical procut? if this had occurred, would zimmerman or emil have noticed? if it were possible, the motive would be to end up with one MLB-certed zimmerman gamer and one procut with a "game used HR #XX" inscription from the player himself. essentially 2 gamers for the price of one. apparently, brett favre was literally signing bad jerseys put in front of him as "gamers". i don't think brett knew or could tell.

rudy.

There is a MLB #'d hologram affixed to the jersey so there is no interchanging/swapping jerseys. So if you believe in the integrity of the MLB holograming and don't believe a player is changing jerseys during the game then there are no issues.

If there was only a Cert than sure, someone could swap it out which is why the MLB hologram system is so good.

There is no system that is perfect as we find, but when the player says I don't change jerseys during the game and the authenticator places the hologram on there I feel good about what I have there.

I also forgot to mention that I got 2 game used bases signed also with inscriptions (one for Mark Demers!)

kingjammy24
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
There is no system that is perfect as we find..

agreed. that said, i think i've actually come up with a "perfect system". start with meigray's system of affixing unique ids to each jersey and recording those ids in a database. record the player, jersey style, date and location of collection, and date of first sale. make the database accessible online so anyone can check any ID anytime. now here's the part that makes it perfect; take several photos of each shirt prior to sale. show a jersey's photos whenever someone types in an ID. (most systems simply show a description of the item. 2 different jerseys can easily match the same general description. photos show subtle differences). that way, even if tagging is swapped, forged and/or duplicated, the original jersey as it was before it was ever sold is shown online forever and collectors could match them up. that is, collectors could photomatch the jersey they're thinking of buying to the photos online to make sure its the same one. practically anything from letters to holograms to tags can be forged and duplicated. any forgeries would be rendered useless if collectors could see high-res photos of the jersey before it was ever sold.

rudy.

Jays1fan
11-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Back to the Topic .. Here is what I got in Today:

2008 Vernon Wells Game Used Helmet. Won it Monday Night , from the Blue Jays Auction. They Shipped Yesterday and I got it today. Fastest item received. MLB Hologram too
http://www.jays1fan.com/wellshelmet.jpg

b.heagy
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Gotta do some reseach on this one........

b.heagy
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
heres a better shot of the branding.

BaseballGM
11-04-2009, 08:38 PM
OT I know, but since the subject was discussed, here's my Zimmerman autographed walk off pic. Good to see Andrew at the show.

Sincityson
11-05-2009, 01:18 AM
I was watching this Wells helmet as well.. I'm surprised how much these Jays helmets go for on their site, it would be hard to get close to this price on ebay or elsewhere..

Back to the Topic .. Here is what I got in Today:

http://www.jays1fan.com/wellshelmet.jpg

ndevlin
11-05-2009, 01:47 AM

That looks like a last name:-)

emann
11-05-2009, 02:01 AM

Bill-

Awesome bat.

Here's a shot from a blog tour of the Hall of Fame's archives of a similar one...

-John

http://bp3.blogger.com/_D-LlI9f-pQo/R6E7RXm3P7I/AAAAAAAAE3k/Mh9uyfZt9XY/s1600-h/IMG_6083.JPG

http://nats320.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Also, one from MEARS auction:

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=4445

Jays1fan
11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I was watching this Wells helmet as well.. I'm surprised how much these Jays helmets go for on their site, it would be hard to get close to this price on ebay or elsewhere..

I dont mind giving more when its a Blue Jays auction because most of the money goes to the Jays Care Foundation. Besides , who cares if it doesnt get close to that on ebay ?? It's not like this is a business for me , its a nice item for my "Collection". I never thought I would get $450 for my Lyle Overbay Pink mothers day bat , but I did from an ebay guy. SO you never know about that statement.

MUSEOVEN
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello: :)

Eliezer Alfonzo Game Used Jersey (spring Training), Heavy Jacket, Catcher Equipment And Bag.-

Andres Blanco Game Used Batting Gloves.-

Carlos Vasquez Game Used Glove.-

MUSEOVEN
11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Andres Blanco Game Used Batting Gloves.-

Carlos Vasquez Game Used Glove.-

Sincityson
11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
True.. Yet, what I meant was, if for example the Jays listed that helmet on ebay & started it at a low price it's tough to see it going that high.. As with many of their own auctioned jerseys and other items over the past few years, the auctions have gone well above market standards, which is good for them & the charities that benefit from it.

I dont mind giving more when its a Blue Jays auction because most of the money goes to the Jays Care Foundation. Besides , who cares if it doesnt get close to that on ebay ?? It's not like this is a business for me , its a nice item for my "Collection". I never thought I would get $450 for my Lyle Overbay Pink mothers day bat , but I did from an ebay guy. SO you never know about that statement.

LastingsMilledge85
11-06-2009, 12:01 AM
2007 Lastings Milledge GU Glove signed and PHOTOMATCHED? Your opinions are appreciated.
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0002-5.jpg?t=1257483530
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0001-5.jpg?t=1257483569
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0003-4.jpg?t=1257483595
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/75622286.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F51FCE753F35208E6D 950C2BB5285516AF279CE20876FC2722
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/75935862.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19328A71BF6FE301F7DAF7AF82292EBF7C9

hiflyer56
11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Just picked this up 95' Murray jersey.. take a look

hiflyer56
11-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry i dont know if you can see them LMK

jetersbatboy
11-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I know I posted my Mo already, but with the help of Bobby aka gameused. I was able to get a pretty good match and wanted to post them. I really BIG and appreciative thanks goes out to Bobby!!!

jtorrez
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
The creases seem to match, but the white outline on your jersey looks a lot thinner than the ones in the pictures.

MichaelofSF
11-06-2009, 12:40 PM
some baseball pickups:

2009 Zack Greinke game used All Star BP top with mlb authentication. Greinke's first all star game and hopefully from his first cy young season
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3528/4080961712_5f0e987ecd_b.jpg

2008 Billy Butler Game Used jersey and Bat (just memorabilia authentication for both) Butler has a memorabilia deal with the company
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2643/4080981254_8a9fd1b95b_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2514/4080221617_2b343cfe2a_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/4080256063_823d134846_b.jpg

jetersbatboy
11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
The creases seem to match, but the white outline on your jersey looks a lot thinner than the ones in the pictures.

The line on my jersey don't seem as thin as in the picture. I think it's the way I took the pictures. But the puckering on jersey just matchs so well.

gameused
11-06-2009, 01:48 PM
I know I posted my Mo already, but with the help of Bobby aka gameused. I was able to get a pretty good match and wanted to post them. I really BIG and appreciative thanks goes out to Bobby!!!

Scott,

Glad to be of help, that's a fine jersey you have of a definite hall of famer.

On the comment on the white tackle twill number outline looking larger than the photos you took, my guess is the reflection from the stadium lights appears to make the white outline larger than it really is.

Thanks, Bobby

CampWest
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice Butlers... where did you find those if you dont mind sharing? I havent been able to find anything of his recently.

wescampbell@everestkc.net

2008 Billy Butler Game Used jersey and Bat (just memorabilia authentication for both) Butler has a memorabilia deal with the company

lehmsbobby
11-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Aramis Ramirez Game used batting gloves from this season

dual signed

sorry for the bad glare in the pic

cigarman44
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Just picked up a 1999 Rick Ankiel Rawlings and 2007 road pants

CampWest
11-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Got my first Bicentennial bat in today's mail. A John Mayberry model S226 with a Mears LOA Grade A8. Massive bat 35.5", currently 32.5oz. Pretty heavy use, nice tar and some good ball marks.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/MayberryJohnBicentennial%20fulls.jpg

And in the mail a couple days ago I got this 1980-83 U.L. Washington. Great use, good ink transfers, nice tar & knob marking. From our friends at Ball Park Heroes.

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/WashingtonUL%20198083%20full.jpg

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/WashingtonUL%20198083%20barrel.jpg

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/WashingtonUL%20198083%20back.jpg

http://home.everestkc.net/wescampbell/PCollection/WashingtonUL%20198083%20knob.jpg

treant985
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Picked up what is hopefully Matt Wieters' final minor league jersey. It's my first game-used jersey...I watched Wieters back in single-A with the Keys.

treant985
11-07-2009, 10:13 AM
...should've previewed it first.

MLB_Authentic
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Just picked this up, literally, just met a guy and picked this up. 2009 Joe Mauer Rawlings Big Stick. From his 3rd batting title and hopefully 1st MVP Season. Enjoy.

sctizzle
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks to Juan Inglesias, I was able to get an incredible 99 Jeter bat that was given to Jose Canseco by Derek Jeter and has a signed COA from Jose. The bat shows some nice use with some seam impressions and ink transfers, as well as a light coating of tar/mota on the handle. Not heavy by any means, but an obvious coat.

Here is what I have found by searching online. It looks like in mid to the end of June, Jeter received his signature series bats. The first picture I have seen of this is sometime late in June. Most of the pictures early in the year show Jeter using a block name bat with no MLB logo. However, in mid June he is shown using block name with the MLB logo:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81354940.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54885C18260F5BA001D 61DD1F0EB4721B7E5B00A7ABCD477649

The Yankees played in Tampa on:

06-22-1999 (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199906220TBA)at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1999&t=TBA)7-0W
06-23-1999 (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199906230TBA)at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1999&t=TBA)12-4W
06-24-1999 (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=199906240TBA)at Tampa Bay Devil Rays (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1999&t=TBA)7-3W

Based on everything, I am assuming that Jeter had his old block bats and when Jose asked him for a bat, Jeter gave him one of his old style bats instead of the new signature series bats. They played the Rays again in July and then again in September, but based on the timing of Jeter getting his signature bats, I am assuming Jeter gave him this bat during their first trip to Tampa in June.

http://s3i.dotphoto.com/i650DCF0D-7B89-42A1-9BC7-6C0D914692A9.jpg

http://s3i.dotphoto.com/iB97D1D51-A53B-429A-9873-F362BED2E5D2.jpg

http://s3i.dotphoto.com/i5E41EC0D-CAF4-4B56-A99F-DF3FFBA298A1.jpg
http://s3i.dotphoto.com/i28D2E282-EE92-49A7-8F2C-E5C11CF436B8.jpg
http://s3i.dotphoto.com/iB1063F77-97F9-43EF-A21D-02D4A18F3F5F.jpg

http://s3i.dotphoto.com/i79B182D0-ED5A-49F0-9F30-6124FCA5CA23.jpg

russyurk
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Added a few more Tigers game worn....

Bobby Higginson from 2005 with Detroit all-star patch.

Brett Clevlen from 2006.

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Hello : :)

franklin Morales Game Issued Glove.-
juan Rincon Game Issued Glove.-
carlos Maldonado Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-
romulo Sanchez Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-
raul Chavez Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 10:51 AM
ricky Orta Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-
eider Torres Game Used Jersey.-
luis Hernandez Game Used Jersey.-
eider Torres Game Used Jersey.-minor League
salomon Manrique Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM
ronny Cedeno Game Used Jersey.-
clemente Alvarez Game Used Jersey.-
arturo Rivas Game Used Jersey.-
ivan Ochoa Game Used Jersey.-
marco Scutaro Game Used Jersey.-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 11:17 AM
max Ramirez Game Used Jersey.-
jesus Colmenter Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-
omar Infante Game Used Jersey.-
heberto Andrade Game Used Jersey.-
armando Galarraga Game Used Jacket.-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
jesus Soto Game Used Jersey Minor League (turn Back The Clock).-
carlos Hernandez Game Used Jersey Minor League.-
hernan Iribarren Game Used Jersey Minor League.-
luis Rivas Game Used Jersey.-
endy Chavez Game Used Jersey.-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
omar Poveda Game Used Jersey Minor League.-
juan Rincon Game Used Jersey.-
jhonny Pareds Game Used Jersey.-
eliezer Alfonzo Game Used Jersey Minor League.-
wilson Alvarez Game Used Jersey.-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 02:25 PM
johan Santana Game Used Jersey.-
luis Aparicio Cracker Jack Game Used Jersey ¿:confused: ?.-
freddy Garcia Game Used Jersey.-

MUSEOVEN
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Some Not Venezuelans Players Jerseys:

jose Reyes Game Used Jersey.-
harmon Killebrew Cracker Jack Game Used Jersey.-
joe Morgan Cracker Jack Game Used Jersey.-
maury Wills Cracker Jack Game Used Jersey.-
Thre Killebrew, Morgan And Wills Jerseys Are Aviable For Sale, Thanks

big10champ
11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I just had my second huge score in the past three years from a former Minnesota Twins employee. I scored 16 game used autographed bats from members of the 1987 World Champion Minnesota Twins. All bats are properly numbered with player numbers and all are autographed except one. Bats from top to bottom: Laudner, Puckett, 2x Gladden, Gagne, Bush, Newman, Larkin, Gaetti, Brunanski, Hrbek, Lombardozzi, Davidson, Neito and two fungo coaches bats. The Puckett bat comes with a LOA from the Twins Pro Shop stating the bat is from the 1992 season and there are photos included of Puckett signing this bat. I also scored several throw back uniforms that I will post pictures of, from this same Twins employee.

big10champ
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
August 24th, 1999 Minnesota Twins Turn Ahead the Clock Mike Lincoln Jersey and Terry Steinbach autographed hat. Both come with LOA from the Twins Pro Shop.

big10champ
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
June 10th, 2000 Minnesota Twins 1969 Throw back game, Jerry White jersey, LOA from Twins Pro Shop. And August 11, 2000 Minnesota Twins 1977 Throw Back Game, Jerry White Jersey, LOA from Twins Pro Shop.

big10champ
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
May 26, 2001 Minnesota Twins Throw Back Washington Senators Rick Stelmasek Jersey, Pants, Hat. LOA from Twins Pro Shop. 2004 St. Paul Saints 1919 throw back jersey worn by Jessie Crain and pants.

staindsox
11-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Brian,

I love the Saints jersey! Do you know what day they wore those?

Thanks!

Chris

MiLe HigH
11-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Great Twins motherload pickup love the Puckett and the TATC unifrom Congrats!

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Just picked up this Bo Jackson gamer

kingjammy24
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Just picked up this Bo Jackson gamer

you may want to inquire about a refund.

rudy.

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
S**t whats wrong w/ it?

kingjammy24
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
S**t whats wrong w/ it?

it's a scoreboard jersey. plenty of info all over forum. just do a search for "scoreboard". in short, its a retail jersey. not a gamer, not even game-issued. scoreboard bought them from rawlings and sold them on HSC. was it sold to you as a gamer? if so, can i ask who sold it to you as such?

rudy.

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
it would be GREAT if you could help me get a refund...

http://www.gottahaveit.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=1659&searchby=3&searchvalue=bo%20jackson&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
when i go to them should i tell them what you told me...?

kingjammy24
11-09-2009, 07:25 PM
it would be GREAT if you could help me get a refund...

i'm not sure how i'd go about doing that. talk to those auction folks. see what they say. you could always try to reverse the charges on your credit card.

rudy.

kingjammy24
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
when i go to them should i tell them what you told me...?

i have no idea what you should tell them. it's a scoreboard retail jersey, not a gamer. there were literally dozens and dozens sold. they're all "set 2 1989" home jerseys. i have no absolutely no clue how the auction house will respond.

rudy.

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 07:27 PM
thanks!

joelsabi
11-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Havent got it in the mail yet, but really excited. My first Pujol Bat. :D
If someone can photomatch it for me, i would appreciate it.

treant985
11-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Havent got it in the mail yet, but really excited. My first Pujol Bat. :D
If someone can photomatch it for me, i would appreciate it.

guess you'll need separate dates for the handle and the barrel...

cmw2ward
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Is this a joke?

treant985
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Is this a joke?

check out: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=30734

hiflyer56
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
i think hes joking

cmw2ward
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah I saw that thread, that's why I asked.

joelsabi
11-09-2009, 09:16 PM
guess you'll need separate dates for the handle and the barrel...

kyle just emailed me and told me to look at photos in 2008 and 2009 for a possible match. thanks.

joelsabi
11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I just had my second huge score in the past three years from a former Minnesota Twins employee. I scored 16 game used autographed bats from members of the 1987 World Champion Minnesota Twins. All bats are properly numbered with player numbers and all are autographed except one. Bats from top to bottom: Laudner, Puckett, 2x Gladden, Gagne, Bush, Newman, Larkin, Gaetti, Brunanski, Hrbek, Lombardozzi, Davidson, Neito and two fungo coaches bats. The Puckett bat comes with a LOA from the Twins Pro Shop stating the bat is from the 1992 season and there are photos included of Puckett signing this bat. I also scored several throw back uniforms that I will post pictures of, from this same Twins employee.

is that Twins Team Letter or a Kirby Puckett COA?

Gyro123
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Ryan Braun, Mark Reynolds, Johnny Cuetto All Unc. And All Hammered With Use

shoremen44
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Wieters Cleats... photomatched to 9-20-09

gameu08
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Picked up a few cleats Brian Urlacher 2008 cleats, Michael Vick 2005 Cleats, and Dustin Pedroia 2009 Cleats

capitalssticks
11-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Shaq Cavaliers practice worn signed jersey, obtained directly from danny ferry (cavs GM)

dcgreg25
11-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Capital, great pick up on the Shaq Cavs jersey! I have been searching for Shaq Cavs items and this is the first I have seen. Congrats!

short84
11-13-2009, 09:57 AM
This arrived yesterday -- Patrick Crayton throwback used 11/23/08 vs 49ers. This completes my Crayton jersey collection (home white, blue away, practice & throwback). Patrick attended the same small Oklahoma university I did (Northwestern Oklahoma State University at Alva, OK). The Northwestern Ranger team he was on in 1999 won the NAIA national championship and also included Lynn Scott and Al Hunt. The acquisition of this jersey would not have been possible with the help of Ben Cohen at Steiner Sports -- he was responsible for getting this jersey to me. SusieQ

short84
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Picked up on EBAY -- really cool Dallas Desperados jersey used and signed by Chris Greisen who set the AFL single-season record for touchdown passes with 117 and completion percentage (74.0) in 2007. He played for the Desperados in 2005 and 2006 and was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in 1999. He is currently with the UFL Florida Tuskers.

short84
11-13-2009, 10:48 AM
About the Crayton throwback -- I need to clarify a very important point. I would not have completed my Crayton collection without the help of Ben Cohen at Steiner Sports. I had originally won this jersey during the Steiner Sports Cowboys auction that closed October 4th. Two days after winning this jersey, I received an email from Steiner Sports that it was not available due to an inventory error. With help of forum members, I learned that Steiner Sports had made an agreement with Grey Flannel Auctions. Based on a hunch that the Crayton jersey had been reassigned to Grey Flannel, I contacted Grey Flannel and tracked it down. Ben Cohen at Steiner Sports made all necessary arrangements to have it transferred back to them so we could complete the transaction. It took me a month to finally get it, but it was worth the wait! SusieQ

cohibasmoker
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Just picked up a Packers suspension helmet. The clock on the inside dates the helmet to 1975. It's been quite a week - first a Steelers helmet and how this little guy.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

gameused
11-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Wieters Cleats... photomatched to 9-20-09

Hey Bert,

Congrat's on matching those cleats, that's the first time I have seen a dead on match for cleats. Great job!!

Bobby

shoremen44
11-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Bert,

Congrat's on matching those cleats, that's the first time I have seen a dead on match for cleats. Great job!!

Bobby

Bobby,
Thanks... I got pretty lucky with the picture

capitalssticks
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I was gonna wait and post on the collector forum, but the shaq cavs practice jersey, im looking to trade if anyone is interested. im collect anything from the local dc teams redskins, mainly the capitals, nats etc
thanks
kevin

Ozric
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I was gonna wait and post on the collector forum, but the shaq cavs practice jersey, im looking to trade if anyone is interested. im collect anything from the local dc teams redskins, mainly the capitals, nats etc
thanks
kevin

Kevin, I have nothing to trade at the moment, but am interested in purchasing the Shaq practice jersey. Please send me a note and let me know what you were looking to get out of it.

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

capitalssticks
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
email sent

Ozric
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
email sent

Hey Kevin, man you are quick. I gave you my home e-mail by mistake and I can't pick messages from my work location. If you can, please send me a cc to my work address tim_sandman@progressive.com If not no big deal as I'll pick it up later tonight when I get home. There is an underscore between my first and last name.

Thanks again,

Tim

capitalssticks
11-16-2009, 05:20 PM
email sent to that address as well :)

LastingsMilledge85
11-16-2009, 06:41 PM
2007 GU Lastings Milledge Home Black Jersey
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0001-6.jpg?t=1258414825
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0002-6.jpg?t=1258414854
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0003-5.jpg?t=1258414891

nationals2k9
11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Got some excellent Manny stuff from his time with the Indians over the last few weeks. First is a hammered Cooper bat from his rookie era graded a 9.5/10 by PSA/DNA. Most use I've seen on a Manny bat!

nationals2k9
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Also grabbed a 2000 Rawlings bat - had a '98 and '99 Rawlings prior!

nationals2k9
11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Finally, found a sweet 1993 game-used Indians batting helmet. Was manufactured in April of 1993, Manny's rookie season, and shows excellent use with all of the proper labeling and stickers.

nationals2k9
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Not that we all need more pics, but this would be important for a helmet!

ziggy
11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Not positive, but looks like the "24" is a different font in the circled photo than the helmet you have.

Vikingshelmetguy
11-16-2009, 11:50 PM

Holy cow, big10champ! I am not a baseball collector and I am not a huge baseball fan (I am mainly a Minnesota Vikings fan), but I do follow and cheer for the Minnesota Twins, and I have to say I am astounded by this massive load of Twins bats you scored. Puckett, Gaetti, Hrbek, Gladden and Brunansky.... Those names/players are as big as it gets in the history of the Minnesota Twins. You must be pretty excited! Congratulations!

capitalssticks
11-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Not positive, but looks like the "24" is a different font in the circled photo than the helmet you have.

def not the same helmet as in the picture, look at the difference in space from the numbers to the stickers below. much larger gap in manny photo

skipcarayislegend
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I may be a wrath here with this, but what the heck, it's what the forum's for. Nationals, you may want to check into that Manny helmet a little more. It seems off to me, starting with those numbers. At least in '94 the Indians appeared to generally use "square" numerals (white numbers on clear squares); not the type you see on yours. I know we're talking '93 vs. '94 here, but early career Manny-caliber helmets with light use like yours immediately raise red flags to me. Honestly, Nationals, those helmets aren't difficult to fake. Do you mind sharing where/from whom you bought it?

skipcarayislegend
11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I may be a wrath here with this, but what the heck, it's what the forum's for.

That should say "risking" a wrath. I'm not wrathy. ;)

tknorm
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
In the picture of Manny returning to the dugout, Orel Hershiser is in the middle of the shot. He played for Cleveland from 95-97, which dates the picture to a degree and may explain the possible font differences.

I hope this helps!

Vikingshelmetguy
11-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Just picked up a Packers suspension helmet. The clock on the inside dates the helmet to 1975. It's been quite a week - first a Steelers helmet and how this little guy.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Jim, nice pick ups on that Packers suspension helmet and Steelers helmet! Very cool indeed! Congratulations!

nationals2k9
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I may be a wrath here with this, but what the heck, it's what the forum's for. Nationals, you may want to check into that Manny helmet a little more. It seems off to me, starting with those numbers. At least in '94 the Indians appeared to generally use "square" numerals (white numbers on clear squares); not the type you see on yours. I know we're talking '93 vs. '94 here, but early career Manny-caliber helmets with light use like yours immediately raise red flags to me. Honestly, Nationals, those helmets aren't difficult to fake. Do you mind sharing where/from whom you bought it?

The pictures aren't meant to be matches at all. I was simply showing a home helmet where the '24' is above the ABC logo (left and MLB logo (right). And you're correct, that photo with Orel is from a playoff game from a couple of years after it was made. It's virtually impossible to find a photo of the back of Manny's helmet during 1 of the 22 games he played in that season. The seller has owned the helmet since the mid-90's and told me a lot of details about other Manny stuff he acquired during the same period. I talked with him for a good 35 mins before acquiring the helmet. I agree it could be faked, but it seems very unlikely. All Manny Indians helmets for the first half or more of his time in Cleveland appear to have "light use" until further examination. I'd argue the top/bottom bill of mine is pretty beat up.

MUSEOVEN
11-19-2009, 07:49 AM
HELLO: :)

SOME NIUMAN ROMERO GAME USED MEMORABILIA (THE JERSEYS, I THINK, IS FROM SPRING TRAINING :confused: ).-

MUSEOVEN
11-19-2009, 07:56 AM
HELLO: :)

SOME NIUMAN ROMERO GAME USED MEMORABILIA (THE JERSEYS, I THINK, IS FROM SPRING TRAINING :confused: ).-
ALSO I WON THIS ROMERO JERSEY IN E BAY WITH ANOTHER NUMBER.-

ATigerFan
11-19-2009, 04:51 PM
A couple of Detroit Tiger bats I finally purchased from BC-Sports. :D

A Jim Walewander game used bat and a game used Scott Lusader bat
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/Dirtracer21/bats002.jpg?t=1258666904

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv111/Dirtracer21/bats001.jpg?t=1258667318

mariner_gamers
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
[quote=ATigerFan;171325]A couple of Detroit Tiger bats I finally purchased from BC-Sports. :D

I had to laugh!! They have about 15 bats I have been looking at for years out on their site. Now they put them on eBay right in my face.....everyday......just a matter of time until the pile gets widdled down!!

Nice pick-ups by the way!!

harpt
11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Picked up a 1981 Roy Howell road jersey, along with 1983 Pat Dobson (coach) road pants.

EricDavis44fan
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Picked up the 1989 Kal Daniels BP jersey from the Mears Auction. Daniels was a favorite of mine, had a ton of potential. Also added two more Davis gamers to the collection. I'm now up to 13 Davis bats. The black R205 was picked up from Tim at HOFBats. He's one of the best out there! Thanks again Tim for another flawless transaction!

Dave
Always looking for Eric Davis items

cohibasmoker
11-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Jim, nice pick ups on that Packers suspension helmet and Steelers helmet! Very cool indeed! Congratulations!

Wasn't sure if it was an authentic item or not so I had the seller send me some scans which I forwarded to Robert who was kind enough to look at the scans. After Robert gave me the thumbs up, I went ahead and purchased it.

Thanks again - Robert

Jim

cigarman44
11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
The recent destruction of Miguel Cotto by my man Pacquiao got me reminiscing. I picked up the back up pair of custom made Grant gloves for Prince Naseem Hamed's last career fight in London. I can't go a week without getting on youtube and watching a highlight reel of his fights. Guy had nasty power at 125 pounds.

BIGSTIG
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I am VERY excited as I landed a jersey I have long been looking for!!

1988 Cubs Home Rick Sutcliffe Set 1

I would post pics, but mine are to big and exceed the size limit on this forum. If I retake smaller ones, or figure out how to resize, I will post.

VERY EXCITED!!!

Thanks to Ken for hooking this up!!!

intheminors
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Just got this gamer in from JO Sports

SkubeBats
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Hello,
I just received these items this week and wanted to share them with you all. The bats are from Brett Lawrie, Alcides Escobar, Mat Gamel, and Jonathan Lucroy. The batting gloves are from Alcides Escobar. The jersey is Mat Gamels jersey from the 2007 play offs and autographed as such. These players are some of the Brewers top prospects.

OaklandAsFan
11-21-2009, 09:46 PM
just got back from the AFL Championship game and picked up a few things after the game from some players.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss131/Mdragon75/IMG_0790.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss131/Mdragon75/IMG_0791.jpg

from top left to bottom right..
Matt Angle batting gloves
two pair of game used spikes from Toshiyuki Yanuki who plays for the Nippon Ham Fighters.
pair of game used spikes from Hiroshi Katayama who plays for the Rakuten Eagles
game used Desert Dogs hat from Josh Wilkie
the Washington Nationals hat is from Drew Storen who told me that its the hat he wore for the picture with Steven Strasburg for an ESPN the mag cover shot
Josh Wilkie game used glove
Brandon Erbe game used spikes
Drew Storen game used spikes
Reidier Gonzalez game used spikes

also not pictured is a Josh Bell bat, 3 Matt Angle bats (1 given to each of my kids) and a Corey Brown bat given to my youngest son. Starsburg also signed a ball for us and gave my son a Wahington Nationals mini helmet that he signed on the bill.

the second pic is the nice Mizuno bags that the Japanese players gave me along with the spikes.

godwulf
11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
just got back from the AFL Championship game and picked up a few things after the game from some players.

Excuse me? "A few things"?

Jedi mind control, drug connection...what?

I was there, too, waiting behind the dugout, hoping to snag a cap, a wristband, a stinking game ball...

I was going to mention the gu Steve Singleton and Michael Brenly bats that I bought in the team store. Now I feel like a doofus.

OaklandAsFan
11-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Excuse me? "A few things"?

Jedi mind control, drug connection...what?

I was there, too, waiting behind the dugout, hoping to snag a cap, a wristband, a stinking game ball...

I was going to mention the gu Steve Singleton and Michael Brenly bats that I bought in the team store. Now I feel like a doofus.

I just sent you a PM. My mother bought the rising stars west bat and the surprise Rafters bat as well. She bought the Rising Stars East bat in Mesa last week.

nomo121
11-22-2009, 01:11 AM
More like robbed the AFL.. :) Some great stuff, congrats! Do you drive a uhaul truck to the games... ?

geoff
11-22-2009, 03:47 AM
OaklandFan Would you be interested in A Trade for any Orioles Items you just Picked up.I have Items For Trade.Let me know And I will get a List to you.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

allstarsplus
11-22-2009, 08:10 AM

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss131/Mdragon75/IMG_0790.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss131/Mdragon75/IMG_0791.jpg

from top left to bottom right..
Matt Angle batting gloves
two pair of game used spikes from Toshiyuki Yanuki who plays for the Nippon Ham Fighters.
pair of game used spikes from Hiroshi Katayama who plays for the Rakuten Eagles
game used Desert Dogs hat from Josh Wilkie
the Washington Nationals hat is from Drew Storen who told me that its the hat he wore for the picture with Steven Strasburg for an ESPN the mag cover shot
Josh Wilkie game used glove
Brandon Erbe game used spikes
Drew Storen game used spikes
Reidier Gonzalez game used spikes

also not pictured is a Josh Bell bat, 3 Matt Angle bats (1 given to each of my kids) and a Corey Brown bat given to my youngest son. Starsburg also signed a ball for us and gave my son a Wahington Nationals mini helmet that he signed on the bill.

the second pic is the nice Mizuno bags that the Japanese players gave me along with the spikes.

That is a nice haul! I think I have a deal in place to buy items from Drew Storen and some of the other Nats players in the AFL.

MLB_Authentic
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I already posted the 2009 in this photo, but I just picked up the nice 2008 in this photo. Now if I only would have kept the 2006 I had. I woulda had the trifecta :D

godwulf
11-23-2009, 08:25 AM
I just sent you a PM. My mother bought the rising stars west bat and the surprise Rafters bat as well. She bought the Rising Stars East bat in Mesa last week.

Oakland...I sent you a couple of PMs.

Thanks!

OaklandAsFan
11-23-2009, 08:53 AM
AACCEE- your PM's are blocked. I'm not interested in selling the Japanese cleats and I already had one other inquiry but I'll keep you in mind if I ever do decide to get rid of them and the other person isn't interested in them.

perlman9
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
I got these over the past two months. A Chuck Osbourne Raiders helmet (unfortunately, the previous owner removed the numbers from the back because they were peeling off)
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/DSC_0590.jpg

and a 2005 Colts helmet with the Dungy sticker by Kory Chapman. Both helmets were fairly inexpensive so was hard to pass up.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/perlman9/DSC_0591.jpg

SkubeBats
11-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello,
I just received this Ed Mathews game used fungo bat. This Hillerich & Bradsby bat is from the 1969-1972 time period. The bat is un-cracked and shows nice use it's a model K100. His uniform number 41 is found on the knob. This bat is 36 inches long and weighs 25.3 ounces. He was a coach for the Atlanta Braves in 1971 and was manager of the Braves from 1972-1974. I have never seen another Mathews fungo bat in all my years of collecting game used bats. Nice bat of a HOF player. The bat had tape on the barrel at some time but has been removed.

metsbats
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Team issued 2009 Mets Jackie Robinson jersey.

Gonna use it at baseball camp next year.

vdsporty25
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Here is my 3 Ryan Zimmerman Gamers I picked up this month! Including one of his bats used in his 30 game hit streak courtesy of Andrew Lang!! Thanks for everything Andrew and I look forward to more Zimmerman transactions in the future! Also thanks goes out to Rob Chandler and Locker Room Memorabilia for the other great Zim Gamer!

allstarsplus
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Here is my 3 Ryan Zimmerman Gamers I picked up this month! Including one of his bats used in his 30 game hit streak courtesy of Andrew Lang!! Thanks for everything Andrew and I look forward to more Zimmerman transactions in the future! Also thanks goes out to Rob Chandler and Locker Room Memorabilia for the other great Zim Gamer!

Josh - You are so welcome and glad you like the bats!

Ryan has kept all of his gloves in the past and has ordered his new 2010 Rawlings model gloves with the Gold Glove stamp! We are fairly sure that we will get some un-used 2010 model gloves of his and get him to sign and inscribe them with the Gold Glove and Web Gems Champ inscriptions!

Also, we will definitely have game model Louisville Slugger S353 bats dipped in silver to commemorate Ryan's Silver Slugger. What is so great about these bats is that they are game spec maple bats with the Silver Slugger logo (Kind of like the pink Mother's Day bats but these will be silver). These will be signed too.

Ryan picked up another post-season award yesterday for outstanding community and public service for "All Stars Helping Kids".

http://www.allstarshelpingkids.org/index.html

earlywynnfan
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
How about a Bernie Williams GU Puerto Rican League bat? Can anyone help me nail down the years he played on this team?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

joelsabi
11-24-2009, 09:00 PM
How about a Bernie Williams GU Puerto Rican League bat? Can anyone help me nail down the years he played on this team?

Ken

1989-90?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOBOS-DE-ARECIBO-1989-90-BASEBALL-TEAM-SET-PUERTO-RICO_W0QQitemZ290364038974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ba seball?hash=item439b0b9f3e

bernie is holding a bat in the photo but photo is small. you never know.

joelsabi
11-24-2009, 09:03 PM
1989-90?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOBOS-DE-ARECIBO-1989-90-BASEBALL-TEAM-SET-PUERTO-RICO_W0QQitemZ290364038974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ba seball?hash=item439b0b9f3e

ask the seller for a closeup of the bernie card.

LWMM
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
1989-90?

Here's the full-size picture:

http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/00/d0/694e_12.JPG

scrinjun
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Kevin Youkilis Spring Training 2008 Cool Base jersey. I know, its just spring training, but I have always wanted a jersey with dirt on it. :D

sugarpam
11-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Picked this up a little while ago, but never got around to posting it.

A 2008 Jeremy Accardo Syracuse Chiefs home jersey. Brings my Accardo jersey collection up to 8!

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll468/pamchops10/Jeremy%20Accardo/Game%20Worn%20Jerseys/Picture429.jpg

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll468/pamchops10/Jeremy%20Accardo/Game%20Worn%20Jerseys/Picture428.jpg

-Pam

both-teams-played-hard
11-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Early 1960s Eastern Michigan University durene.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/822/emu.jpg

russyurk
11-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Ramon Santiago's throw back jersey and pants from the June 14 game against the Pirates commemorating the 1909 World Series.

cohibasmoker
11-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Just picked up this Duke football signed by the 1961 World Champion Green Bay Packers. The ink signatures are light ( range between a 2 or a 3) but all of the greats are all on the ball: Lombardi, Starr, and Taylor just to name a few. There can't be too many of these footballs left in the marketplace.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

markize
11-27-2009, 03:11 PM

Ken

Ken,

That's a great piece! can I ask where you found it?

Mark

jetersbatboy
11-28-2009, 01:24 AM
My Yankees Main Field Home Plate used from May 15 to May 24 2009!! After doing some resarch I found out this home plate was under A-Rod feet for his first at bat at the new Yankee Stadium! Also for his 1st HR, RBI, and Hit. It was also there for Johnny Damon's 8000th at bat!

Sincityson
11-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Ramon Santiago's throw back jersey and pants from the June 14 game against the Pirates commemorating the 1909 World Series.

Great jersey! Would you know if the Tigers still have these throw backs currently for sale?

SCS

russyurk
11-28-2009, 09:46 PM
[quote=Sincityson;172723]Great jersey! Would you know if the Tigers still have these throw backs currently for sale?

Thanks! I got mine through the Tigers Foundation Auction, I don't think there are any currently up for auction. There were two that ended on eBay within the last week. It's always worth sending Marc H. an e-mail at the Tigers to see if he has any in stock.

gameu08
11-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Victor Martinez GU 2009 Mizuno Pro Hammered with usage and Ryan Zimmerman Photomatched and MLB authenticated bat

gameu08
11-29-2009, 12:30 AM
hope these are bigger

markize
11-29-2009, 12:40 AM
got this one several days ago, but haven't had the time to get it posted. 2008 Alfonso Soriano game used road batting helmet. Signed, and inscribed GU 08. THANKS to rob Steinmetz on this one!!

kylehess10
11-29-2009, 12:53 AM
got this one several days ago, but haven't had the time to get it posted. 2008 Alfonso Soriano game used road batting helmet. Signed, and inscribed GU 08. THANKS to rob Steinmetz on this one!!

Is it just me, or is that a PATCH for the logo on the helmet?

ironmanfan
11-29-2009, 10:00 AM

The Cubs have used logo patches on their batting helmets off and on for years

kylehess10
11-29-2009, 10:01 AM

Well I've never owned a Cubs game worn helmert yet so that's pretty neat to know. Never seen anything like that before.

larry bourget
11-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Great jersey! Would you know if the Tigers still have these throw backs currently for sale?

SCS

I have a #19 Jeff Larish, Game issued jersey and pants, Jeff did not play. Includes Tigers L.O.A. stating such. If your interested $225.delivered.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca

markize
11-29-2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah, what he said! Thanks Bill. I have a Soriano home Cubs helmet too, and it's the same way. I just wonder how well it will hold up over the years????

Mark

markize
11-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Kyle,

what gave it away, the loose threads on the patch? I'll expect photomatch pictures emailed to: sirfuzzy@comcast.net :D

Mark

capitalssticks
11-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Picked up a few pairs of Chris Cooleys practice signed Redskins Cleats, a 16x20 signed by Ovechkin /w hologram at chantilly signing and a Zimmerman signed MLB Hologram bat. Im looking to sell or trade a pair of the cooley cleats if anyone has interest.

vdsporty25
11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
hope these are bigger

I emailed you to see if you wanted to work something out for the Zimmerman bat you have....Kinsler 125th anniversary bat on the table.

Let me know what you think

vdsporty25
11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Here is my latest two additions....Thanks a lot to Harleigh for getting in touch so I could add these sweet Zimmerman gamers to my collection!

MUSEOVEN
11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello: :)

Juan Gonzalez (the Venezuelan Not The Puerto Rican) Game Used Jersey Of The China Game (dodgers- Padres) 2008.-

Jonathan Herrera Game Used And Signed Glove.-

Giovanny Carrara Game Used Jersey (spring Training).-

Max Ramirez Game Used And Signed Minor League Jersey.-

LastingsMilledge85
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
MUSEOVEN, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of GU items you have. How do you offord it or do you find these items for low prices? Great collection, nevertheless.

MUSEOVEN
11-30-2009, 03:28 PM
MUSEOVEN, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of GU items you have. How do you offord it or do you find these items for low prices? Great collection, nevertheless.
THANKS LASTINGS MILLEDGE ;) THE VENEZUELAN PLAYERS ARE NOT VERY EXPENSIVE LIKE USA PLAYERS.- THANKS

LastingsMilledge85
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Lucky guy, are most of your items bought from the US or do you buy lots in Venezuela as well?

legaleagle92481
11-30-2009, 05:38 PM
It was a busy month for me:

Utley and Longoria (also signed) MLB Certfied Gamers
Terrell Owens Steiner/Prova Cowboys jersey from GUU Auction
Ferguson, Ellis and Bryan Thomas Throwback Jets jerseys from NFL Auctions.

brianborsch
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Is your Longoria gamer uncracked? Can we see pics?