PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bucs/Pats London game jerseys be on NFL auction?

frankneck
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see but does anyone have any info that the game jerseys from the London game will be put up for sale? Most of the Chargers and Saints jerseys from last year were auctioned, I sure hope they put these up too.

sox83cubs84
11-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see but does anyone have any info that the game jerseys from the London game will be put up for sale? Most of the Chargers and Saints jerseys from last year were auctioned, I sure hope they put these up too.

If they do, anyone care to guess how many 1000s the brady goes for?

Dave M.
Chicago area

indyred
11-01-2009, 11:17 PM
If they do, anyone care to guess how many 1000s the brady goes for?

Dave M.
Chicago area

I'd say quite a few. All Pats jersey I would assume will got for big prices. Does anyone even own a recent Pats game worn jersey. One of, if not the most difficult team to get game used stuff from. Do the Patriots ever sell game used stuff at team store at Gillette or market it anywhere?

legaleagle92481
11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
If they do it will be interesting to see what they go for, there is a Drew Brees on NFL.com now that was up to over five grand last time I checked, with awhile to go in the auction. Wouldn't shock me if a Brady topped 10 grand. If the Bucs keep up their stellar play, their London jerseys may end up being mementos from the second 0-16 season in NFL history.

frankneck
11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks like 1 of them is up on NFL auction, a Randy Moss jersey, interesting tagging,

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder55867/img8539903.jpg

indyred
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone see what Moss sold for. Also a Kevin Faulk was auctioned. Wonder if Pats washed these jerseys. Looks like the Pats put jock tag in the neck. A few teams do that. I know Bills have in past.

jhunt28
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Anyone see what Moss sold for. Also a Kevin Faulk was auctioned. Wonder if Pats washed these jerseys. Looks like the Pats put jock tag in the neck. A few teams do that. I know Bills have in past.

Here is the link for the Moss jersey, sold for $13,510.00. And the Faulk went for $5,020.00

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=110689648&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111036358

indyred
12-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Welker now up
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111244742&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111591452

Maybe the Brady will come up for sale. I'm still surprised to see Patroits gamers are up for sale on open market. SO maybe someday we will see the Steelers sell game used jerseys.

jhunt28
12-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Is it possible that the Pats had no idea their gamers would fetch so much money on the open market? It almost seems as if this was a "HOLY CRAP!" moment for them. Start with a Moss, which went for a ton. Then a Faulk...which wasn't shabby. Hey, lets throw up a Welker, see how much we get for that one?? I don't think I've ever seen a legit Brady?? I would think the fact that they are so scarce would make it go for over $25k easily? Or am I in la-la land?

legaleagle92481
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Who owns the NFL International jerseys, the Pats and Bucs or the NFL? The same with the breast cancer jerseys and the AFL throwback jerseys? I know the teams own the regular jerseys but does the NFL pay for and thus own the "special" ones. I suspect they might. With the Pats jerseys I think they are purposefully selling the more popular skill position players one at a time so they can maximize what they get for them. Starting with Moss gets people excited and to keep checking the site hoping more go up there eventually Brady and all the rest will hit the market. This has happened if you notice with the AFL throwbacks slowly the Jets, Chiefs and Titans ones from one particular game have gone up there over a couple of months with those teams they have sold like 4-6 at a time and I expect with the less popular Pats players this selling a few at a time will happen also. The breast cancer jerseys have been sold that way also if you notice a few Dolphins end and a few more go up, etc. An interesting issue though is the Titans jerseys that are being auctioned were from a game vs. the Pats where both teams wore their AFL throwbacks, I wonder if the Pats jerseys from that game will also hit the market at some point.

legaleagle92481
12-03-2009, 01:30 AM
More Pats jerseys are coming: https://twitter.com/NFLAuctions2009

frankneck
12-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Now they're getting things rolling, 4 new Bucs jerseys and 4 Pats jerseys added today. Check out the ripped sleeve on the Antonio Bryant, pretty sweet.

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder55867/img8602656med.jpg

neverfinished94
12-05-2009, 04:37 PM
i would love to get my hands on a Bucs Roy Miller #93 jersey. if anyone sees one please let me know.

indyred
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
More Pats jerseys are coming: https://twitter.com/NFLAuctions2009

Wow, those red Patriots throwbacks with 50th AFL will bring in some big $.
The Welker London jersey ended and sold for close to 7K.

legaleagle92481
12-08-2009, 09:26 AM
The same guy NESPORTSNUT has bought all three that have sold so far it looks like he is going for the team set, which at these prices will cost him about 200k.

indyred
12-08-2009, 10:51 PM
The same guy NESPORTSNUT has bought all three that have sold so far it looks like he is going for the team set, which at these prices will cost him about 200k.

Wow, wonder who that is. It will get costly if they keep going for all of them, with a lot of collectors wanting Patriots gamers. It will get interesting.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
NESPORTSNUT struck again tonight he paid over 7 grand for Maroney, Maroney! He must really like the Pats, it will be interesting to see what he will pay for Brady.

clinton2828
12-09-2009, 12:11 PM
the problem that will come up is when they start to sell them (patriots) more often whoever purchased them now will lose there shirts on them.

same thing happened with the yankees jersey when they got 15k-20k for the jeters and now since they started selling them you can find them for $4-$7k .

these will lose value fast especially with them set to auction off many other pats jerseys in the next couple weeks.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2009, 01:09 PM
the problem that will come up is when they start to sell them (patriots) more often whoever purchased them now will lose there shirts on them.

same thing happened with the yankees jersey when they got 15k-20k for the jeters and now since they started selling them you can find them for $4-$7k .

these will lose value fast especially with them set to auction off many other pats jerseys in the next couple weeks.

Defintely true look at the Big Ben shoes, first pair went for almost 2x what the second pair went for only a couple of weeks later. Or last year the Jets auctioned a Kris jenkins jersey for over 2 grand on NFl auctions and this year the one they auctioned from the 9-27 game went for under $600 and Jo sports started selling Jenkins jerseys for $1,200.

clinton2828
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
everyone knows the only reason these first round of jersey are getting back is because this is the first time they are selling them.

good point with the big ben shoes as well,

plus if you look closer at the bidding their aee only 2 bidders who were willing to bid up the pats jerseys so much; so its not like there were may ppl who even felt they were worth that much.

frankneck
12-09-2009, 07:55 PM

So far he's got:
Moss - $13,510
Faulk - $5,020
Welker - $6,860
Maroney - $7,117

That's $32,507 on 4 jerseys so far, def gonna be pricey if he goes for the whole team.

jhunt28
12-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Defintely true look at the Big Ben shoes, first pair went for almost 2x what the second pair went for only a couple of weeks later. Or last year the Jets auctioned a Kris jenkins jersey for over 2 grand on NFl auctions and this year the one they auctioned from the 9-27 game went for under $600 and Jo sports started selling Jenkins jerseys for $1,200.

Unfortunately I got into a bidding war on that Jenkins jersey with a deep pocketed Jets fan...Probably one of my "regrets" that I chased the jersey to 2K. But I did pick up the New York Titans gamer, so I was hoping to dollar cost average it!! (ha ha!!) But the prices don't make sense anymore...I was lucky enough to win the Cotchery gamer in Grey Flannel the other night, offered by JO Sports. It sold for under $800, not including hammer fees. A certain company offers a similar jersey on their website for over $2k. Also some Thomas Jones gloves sold on NFL Auctions (photo matched from the Saints game) for just over $80, but you can have them from another company for $500. Pricing these days seems silly, and until other people want to get down to market levels, lots of game used inventory will sit on the shelves.

indyred
12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Is same guy still winning them all? I see handful more are up including Wilfork.

legaleagle92481
12-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Is same guy still winning them all? I see handful more are up including Wilfork.

He added a Watson for like 4 grand but Ingram and Guyton went to other bidders but even though he did not bid on either those jerseys still both went for a mint and I am a football fanatic and I have never heard of either of them.

34swtns
12-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Don't feel alone, Pats fans. I'm dealing with the same type of nuisance. Some nutsack has bid the Ronde Barber '09 pink captain's patch jersey up over $1580 and still with five days to go. This same guy has won several of the Bucs jerseys that have already been offered by NFL Auctions.
Barber is, seriously, the one and only missing piece of my Bucs collection and I was gonna make a run at this one, but now......definitely not. There isn't a Barber jersey worth that kinda coin, short of his Super Bowl jersey, anywhere.

The whole "people with more money than sense" thing really pisses me off sometimes. :mad:

And don't bother with the "it's worth what somebody will pay for it" BS, (no.....it's not), or the "I can do whatever I want with my money" BS, (what are you....5 yrs old?). Those of us with common sense and the need to invest wisely are sick of hearing that crap.

jhunt28
12-23-2009, 08:08 AM
You're smart not to chase this jersey at such a high price. AND you get to keep a jersey on your wish list, and hunt around for it!! That's most of the fun!! I've seen some silly prices paid for jerseys in 2009, but it's only coming from a handful of guys. Once these dozen or so collectors get their Cutlers for $3k, or Sanchez for $20, etc. the market drops DRAMATICALLY after that. Look at the inventory that a certain game used site carries...they sold a handful of big ticket items, and the rest just sits there. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with the inventory? Maybe they will slowly sell it all to auction houses, which will fetch close to real world values(hammer fees still suck)? Maybe they will have a fire sale? But I think you'll see a Barber turn up eventually...you might even see another show up on NFL Auctions towards the end of the year, who knows. But I doubt the guy bidding this up on you will really want to pay for another?

34swtns
12-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Jhunt28, you have a very realistic and reassuring view.
Thanks for sharing your common sense-based opinion, it is indeed a welcome change to some of the nonsense posts I've been reading lately.

legaleagle92481
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Don't feel alone, Pats fans. I'm dealing with the same type of nuisance. Some nutsack has bid the Ronde Barber '09 pink captain's patch jersey up over $1580 and still with five days to go. This same guy has won several of the Bucs jerseys that have already been offered by NFL Auctions.
Barber is, seriously, the one and only missing piece of my Bucs collection and I was gonna make a run at this one, but now......definitely not. There isn't a Barber jersey worth that kinda coin, short of his Super Bowl jersey, anywhere.

The whole "people with more money than sense" thing really pisses me off sometimes. :mad:

And don't bother with the "it's worth what somebody will pay for it" BS, (no.....it's not), or the "I can do whatever I want with my money" BS, (what are you....5 yrs old?). Those of us with common sense and the need to invest wisely are sick of hearing that crap.

The part that concerns me is what happens when these people decide to sell their collections because they are bored with them and have decided to move onto their next pursuit or they have a sudden need for money or they pass away? It seems unlikely that someone will pay the prices they paid for the items particularly if they are sold at auction on Ebay or something so it really is an artifical market in that respect. This is a huge problem because a handful of people seem to be buying all the big ticket jerseys and hence they essentially control the market and if they are selling the big ticket items for 1/3 or 1/2 of what they pay for them the value of the smaller ticket items also drops, which effects the rest of us.

clinton2828
12-23-2009, 01:10 PM

in regards to your quest for your barber jersey, who is to say that person who is bidding $1,500 was not looking for one for a long time as well. the fact that you could not find a real one for all this time should tell you something about the value of one when you see one.

“The whole "people with more money than sense" thing really pisses me off sometimes”

I really don’t see how productive these threads become when we are either getting pissed about how much money other collectors want to spend or how much another collector is willing to spend. Collecting higher end items is not for everyone and everyone value items differently.

I personally pay perceived higher prices when i buy items in nfl auctions because people including myself will pay more because they know what they are getting is the real deal. You cant put a price on “piece of mind”.

And who sets the price for what game worn items are worth anyway?

auction house , bidders, people on this board ?

what is happening is that people such as yourself and others might be looking at the prices of what jerseys sell at auction houses for and using those closing prices as bench marks which is not really accurate for a couple reason.

1) i would bet over half the items in auction houses are highly questionable if they are game worn and rarely do they provide good documentation or photo matches, so prices for these items are low which is not an accurate reflection on the market price.
2) Prime example how the tomlinson in grey flannel only get about $1200 bucks and the ones from nfl auction get over $5,000

“And don't bother with the "it's worth what somebody will pay for it" BS, (no.....it's not), or the "I can do whatever I want with my money" BS, (what are you....5 yrs old?). Those of us with common sense and the need to invest wisely are sick of hearing that crap.”

This again is another reason why participation on this board is not growing and is actually down from what I see.

“And don't bother with the "it's worth what somebody will pay for it" BS, (no.....it's not), or the

I am not sure what perspective you are coming from because to me if an item sell for $5,000 it is worth $5,000. that’s how things work in the real world. If you try to sell your house for $500,000 and you only get $450,000. well guess what your house is only worth $450,000.

"I can do whatever I want with my money" BS, (what are you....5 yrs old?). Those of us with common sense and the need to invest wisely are sick of hearing that crap.”

You are not contributing to this board by judging what people purchase. This is why people are reluctant to share there collections because of this judgment.
And not everyone is “investing” in the items they buy often times item hold high sentimental value to collectors which is why fans pay more for their favorite players.

AND REMEMBER IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.

Meaning that in order for that barber jersey to get over $1,500 would mean that there is a person who is outbid who is willing to pay $1490. so it is not just one person who is setting the market prices on these items.

Final point, lets try to keep the discussion on game used items and trying to make this board better to encourage more participation and avoid judging others purchases. It dose no good and will contribute to the declined use of this board.

34swtns
12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for your unscolicited tutelage, oh wise guru and sheriff of the forum.

I have a right to my opinion especially if it's in the majority view on a particular subject. You have the right to disagree, however, you have no right to attempt to censor or police the comments and opinions expressed here.

Know your role.

clinton2828
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM

i am sorry you feel that way.

you have to remeber you called somone a "nutsack" because they wanted to pay for a jersey than you can afford.

that is crazy. my point again is very simple. the point of this board is not to bash other ppls purchases. we would worry about our own collections and not be consumed with what others spend there money on.

frankneck
12-23-2009, 08:57 PM
34swtns, Barber's white jersey with the pink patch already sold for $1,405 http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=110862915&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111209625 but his London jersey hasn't been listed yet so you've still got a shot at that one, assuming he didn't keep it after the game.

ivo610
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah I am pretty upset that I cant collect rare Ferraris...

legaleagle92481
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
For those who are feeling defeated that they cannot afford to or refuse to spend the figures that have been discussed on here there is still hope to have a great collection. Personally I draw the line at $1,000 for any one item not for economic reasons but because I do not want to be a sucker. Where do you find deals? Auctions besides NFl auctions for instance the recent Gray Flannel auction had JO Sports consigned items go for a fraction of what the same items go for on JO's website. GUU auctions is another good source I got a Terrell Owens Steiner jersey for a grand there and Steiner used to sell them for several times that. Believe it or not there are also deals on NFL Auctions if you look hard enough. I got a Roos for $300 and a Mario Williams for $824 on there which to me are steals. The same night the Williams ended a Demarco Ryans ended for hundreds more and to me Mario is a much better player.

ivo610
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM
For those who are feeling defeated that they cannot afford to or refuse to spend the figures that have been discussed on here there is still hope to have a great collection. Personally I draw the line at $1,000 for any one item not for economic reasons but because I do not want to be a sucker. Where do you find deals? Auctions besides NFl auctions for instance the recent Gray Flannel auction had JO Sports consigned items go for a fraction of what the same items go for on JO's website. GUU auctions is another good source I got a Terrell Owens Steiner jersey for a grand there and Steiner used to sell them for several times that. Believe it or not there are also deals on NFL Auctions if you look hard enough. I got a Roos for $300 and a Mario Williams for $824 on there which to me are steals. The same night the Williams ended a Demarco Ryans ended for hundreds more and to me Mario is a much better player.

That mario williams was a steal and I thought about bidding on it at the last minute but held out for a future auction. Which is such a tough choice to make. I was only guessing that the jersey I wanted was going to go for what I could afford.

btw that champ bailey jersey went for almost the same price an unworn one goes for. sometimes I wonder how these get by

efmmm
12-24-2009, 04:57 AM
I would love to see some pictures of the Miami Dolphins London Game Jersey's. Does anyone have any of these?

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 01:13 AM
That mario williams was a steal and I thought about bidding on it at the last minute but held out for a future auction. Which is such a tough choice to make. I was only guessing that the jersey I wanted was going to go for what I could afford.

btw that champ bailey jersey went for almost the same price an unworn one goes for. sometimes I wonder how these get by

It is funny because I kept checking my bid after because I just couldn't believe it I thought that I might have entered 8230 instead of 823. That was a crazy auction because a Porter game issued but not worn sold for over a grand and not for much less than an issued one sold for about a month ago. Was the Champ Bailey worn? I thought it was unworn and that the Elvis D. one was the only Broncos gamer in that auction, but I did not look at it closely. How much did it go for?

ivo610
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
It is funny because I kept checking my bid after because I just couldn't believe it I thought that I might have entered 8230 instead of 823. That was a crazy auction because a Porter game issued but not worn sold for over a grand and not for much less than an issued one sold for about a month ago. Was the Champ Bailey worn? I thought it was unworn and that the Elvis D. one was the only Broncos gamer in that auction, but I did not look at it closely. How much did it go for?

The bailey was a AFL style away jersey. It went for between 800 and 900 I thought. People complain about prices but if you watch and wait there are deals all over NFL auctions. Right now im collecting all the NFL helmets signed by someone of importance and I get great deals on helmets that I would never get anywhere else. In the off season its like paradise on there for collectors of non game worn stuff.

I wonder what they have in store for us come SB weekend? The selection this year has been outstanding.

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 01:43 PM
The bailey was a AFL style away jersey. It went for between 800 and 900 I thought. People complain about prices but if you watch and wait there are deals all over NFL auctions. Right now im collecting all the NFL helmets signed by someone of importance and I get great deals on helmets that I would never get anywhere else. In the off season its like paradise on there for collectors of non game worn stuff.

I wonder what they have in store for us come SB weekend? The selection this year has been outstanding.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?aunbr=111839511&prrfnbr=111492801&prmenbr=65664914 Is this the one you are talking about? These are not game used "authentic" jerseys are the mass produced kind that you can find online or at a sporting goods store.

ivo610
12-26-2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?aunbr=111839511&prrfnbr=111492801&prmenbr=65664914 Is this the one you are talking about? These are not game used "authentic" jerseys are the mass produced kind that you can find online or at a sporting goods store.

No, It was a game used of this style

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111057466

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 07:22 PM
No, It was a game used of this style

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111057466

Oh you mean Brian Dawkins, this jersey is a bad memory for me as I was the second highest bidder and I should have set a higher maximum bid but I had plans and was in a hurry when I entered my bid a couple of hours before the auction ended and when I got home it was already over. There have been a couple of others of his on there and all have gone for several hundred more and JO sells them for about $1,500 so it was a great deal and he is a future hall of famer. BTW there is another Mario Williams that just opened on there, ends on Jan. 4th and is currently at $270 with 2 bids.